Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lockheed Martin's Skunkworks to build successor to SR-71 Blackbird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lockheed Martin's Skunkworks to build successor to SR-71 Blackbird
A new hypersonic spy plane is coming from the company that helped invent the technology -- and this one will fly six times the speed of sound.

Dubbed the SR-72, or Son of Blackbird, the new unmanned spy plane is under development at Lockheed Martin’s famed Skunk Works division[Image: external-link.png], where some of the company’s most advanced projects have been developed. It will be the successor to the famous SR-71, which the U.S. Air Force operated for decades but retired almost 20 years ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/11/04/l...=obnetwork

And why is this in the news!?!? Must have some even cooler stuff if they are letting that out of the bag.

Quote:And why is this in the news!?!? Must have some even cooler stuff if they are letting that out of the bag.
Has anyone in the media ever heard of the phrase: "Loose lips, sink ships."?
Quote:Has anyone in the media ever heard of the phrase: "Loose lips, sink ships."?

The media also like to air the crap out of terrorist attacks and that's part of what the terrorist want, exposure.

But if the media got word of this someone inside let it go. I will put on my tinfoil hat and assume if that leaks then we have much more in the works or much more already in use. I for one don't think we have little green men spying on us, so someone on earth must be flying those cool things.