Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wow Texans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Up 21-3 at the half, and 24-6 by the 3rd quarter with an 18 point lead and what do the Texans do best? yep, they blew it again. "The Texans are who we thought they were." The Texans were nothing more than cardboard champions in 2011 and 2012. This division always was, has been, and will remain the Colts own yard until the Jags finally break this winning drought and take it from them. Should be an exciting time for both Jags and Colts fans alike.

The Texans season essentially ended tonight. There were some experts that had them in the Super Bowl. They have had many tough losses. The Colts, Chiefs and Seahawks come to mind. Snake bitten franchise. I hope Kubiak is okay.

lol, I was watching the game till halftime, saw they were up by 18 decided they've got the win in the bag so I went to sleep...woke up, Texans lose 

I'm not sure what to think about the Texans, they have all kinds of talent, and I am not sure they can get to 8-8 this season. It is more than a one problem puzzle. A lot of their strength over the last couple seasons were their Lines (both sides).

Is this a blip, or a downward turn? (I'm asking)

Quote:I'm not sure what to think about the Texans, they have all kinds of talent, and I am not sure they can get to 8-8 this season. It is more than a one problem puzzle. A lot of their strength over the last couple seasons were their Lines (both sides).

Is this a blip, or a downward turn? (I'm asking)

It's a downward turn.

They'll be in the same situation the Jaguars were in for most of the last decade. Too good to be in position to draft true difference makers, not good enough to go to the playoffs.

They'll be drafting between 10 and 20 for the next 5 or 6 years.
Quote:It's a downward turn.

They'll be in the same situation the Jaguars were in for most of the last decade. Too good to be in position to draft true difference makers, not good enough to go to the playoffs.

They'll be drafting between 10 and 20 for the next 5 or 6 years.

LOL yeah that won't happen, they're already not in the same position the Jags have been for the past decade.. because they actually have a future at the QB position which is something the jags haven't had (yet they could find in this draft).  And the Jags haven't been "Too good to be in position to draft true difference makers, not good enough to go to the playoffs"  The Jags were in "position" to draft J.J. Watt.. yet they took Gabbert.  The Jags had plenty of position to take any difference maker over a drunk with the 5th overall pick who simply can't put down the bottle and won't be able to contribute anything to his team next year..

The Texans future is so bright fans in Houston have to wear shades..  Schaub hitting the rocks and us finding our way towards the furture needed to happen.  It's a bridge that had to be crossed in order for us to move forward.. so you won't find many fans in Houston upset on how things turned out.

This season was over before this game even took place.. this season is only about the development of our future QB and so far that has been GREAT and anything, but a "downward turn"

Quote:LOL yeah that won't happen, they're already not in the same position the Jags have been for the past decade.. because they actually have a future at the QB position which is something the jags haven't had (yet they could find in this draft).  And the Jags haven't been "Too good to be in position to draft true difference makers, not good enough to go to the playoffs"  The Jags were in "position" to draft J.J. Watt.. yet they took Gabbert.  The Jags had plenty of position to take any difference maker over a drunk with the 5th overall pick who simply can't put down the bottle and won't be able to contribute anything to his team next year..

The Texans future is so bright fans in Houston have to wear shades..  Schaub hitting the rocks and us finding our way towards the furture needed to happen.  It's a bridge that had to be crossed in order for us to move forward.. so you won't find many fans in Houston upset on how things turned out.

This season was over before this game even took place.. this season is only about the development of our future QB and so far that has been GREAT and anything, but a "downward turn"

Ah the blind fanatacism of the homer.

Don't worry, the texans will be looking at 7-9 to 9-7 for years to come if they stick with Kubiak. If they don't they might have some short term pain and severely losing seasons but they'll stand a better chance of being good sooner.

Though it is obvious that Keenum is a better QB than schaub that's not saying much, and in the second half yesterday he showed that he's another choker.

With Luck in the division the texans won't stand a chance. I can only hope the Jaguars get their own elite QB to stand any chance.
Quote:Ah the blind fanatacism of the homer.

Don't worry, the texans will be looking at 7-9 to 9-7 for years to come if they stick with Kubiak. If they don't they might have some short term pain and severely losing seasons but they'll stand a better chance of being good sooner.

Though it is obvious that Keenum is a better QB than schaub that's not saying much, and in the second half yesterday he showed that he's another choker.

With Luck in the division the texans won't stand a chance. I can only hope the Jaguars get their own elite QB to stand any chance.

LOL, WOW

btw.. that loss didn't have anything to do with Keenum (so how did he "choke" the second half? Please explain).  It's not his fault his kicker can't kick.  Keenum exceeded even this "homer's" expectations and on a team with many problems and questions, he's actually one of the few answers and is the reason why your Prophecy of doom and gloom will not happen.  Keenum out played Luck.. a UDFA outplayed the guy taken #1 ovrl in his draft class.  That's why the Texans will stand a chance in the future. Rolleyes

Quote:LOL, WOW

btw.. that loss didn't have anything to do with Keenum (so how did he "choke" the second half? Please explain).  It's not his fault his kicker can't kick.  Keenum exceeded even this "homer's" expectations and on a team with many problems and questions, he's actually one of the few answers and is the reason why your Prophecy of doom and gloom will not happen.  Keenum out played Luck.. a UDFA outplayed the guy taken #1 ovrl in his draft class.  That's why the Texans will stand a chance in the future. Rolleyes

He choked because you guys were attempting field goals instead of scoring TDs.

If you think the guy playing on the roster full of all pro players outplayed the guy that won with a roster full of guys that went 2-14 two years ago then you're beyond reason.

Keenum is 0-2, he's better than Schaub, but he's not Luck and you guys will continue to fight with tennessee for 2nd place.
Quote:He choked because you guys were attempting field goals instead of scoring TDs.

If you think the guy playing on the roster full of all pro players outplayed the guy that won with a roster full of guys that went 2-14 two years ago then you're beyond reason.

Keenum is 0-2, he's better than Schaub, but he's not Luck and you guys will continue to fight with tennessee for 2nd place.

LOL, so even when asked you still couldn't list the key "choking moment" or play I asked for...

He choked, because we "had to kick FGs instead of TDs".. that doesn't even make sense.  So let me get this straight.. he "choked" because he was able to lead us on multiple scoring opportunity drives that we weren't able to capitol on?  Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense Rolleyes

The guy threw (and I know you think passing yard stats are trash) for 350 yards, had 3 TDs, zero picks, and a 123 QB rating (in just his second start).. but somehow he choked because his kicker can't hit a FG?  That doesn't even make sense.

The ran out of PEDs at halftime.