Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Joe McKnight killed in road rage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He spent time with the Jets and Chiefs, then went on to play Canadian ball. He was shot and killed during a "road rage."

Rest in peace.
Terrible news. Way too early to lose your life while sitting in a car. He did nothing to deserve this crap. RIP Joe.

Any more details on the killing?

Horrible news. 
Damn, he replaced Reggie Bush at USC. I lot thought he was gonna be the next great USC back. Still turned out to be a pretty good player. Sad to hear
Oh boy...54 year old white man.  McKnight didn't have a weapon.  This will probably not bode well for the 54yo white man.  I hope he gets what he deserves, but I will withhold final judgment until all of the facts are released.  Who knows, McKnight may have attacked him or something.  Law enforcement are still investigating.

Was about the sign with the Vikings according to his step da
The assailant has been released without any charges.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...t-charges/
Send in BLM...in 3, 2, 1

There has got to be more to the story.

yep

Doesn't mean he can't be charged at a later date. The investigation is continuing.

If the reports I've read are true there seems to be a good chance further legal action is coming.

If not, I'm pretty sure BLM will become involved - and probably rightly so. If reports I've read turn out to be true.
Sucks my buddy actually met him at LA fitness in Port Orange a few months back.  Said he was rehabbing and planned to fight back into the league.  Said he was a super nice guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ersection/

The guy has some serious anger issues.
Yea, the fact that he's been in trouble for battery at the same intersection is a bit too coincidental for my taste. He should be behind bars until a jury decides if he's guilty of murder imo. I don't know why people have to resort to weapons these days. Fight the guy. Scream at him. But to shoot someone over a traffic incident? It's ridiculous and disgusting.
Quote:Yea, the fact that he's been in trouble for battery at the same intersection is a bit too coincidental for my taste. He should be behind bars until a jury decides if he's guilty of murder imo. I don't know why people have to resort to weapons these days. Fight the guy. Scream at him. But to shoot someone over a traffic incident? It's ridiculous and disgusting.

Nobody needs to resort to weapons. It is their choice if they want to shoot other guys.

I would like to know why someone with a criminal record was released without charges. Nothing justifies that, especially in a murder case.
Quote:Nobody needs to resort to weapons. It is their choice if they want to shoot other guys.

I would like to know why someone with a criminal record was released without charges. Nothing justifies that, especially in a murder case.

Criminal records can't and shouldn't be used to determine when you charge someone with murder. You base that decision on the facts present during that specific situation.

Killing someone doesn't automatically mean murder.

If McKnight was over the door, then it's going to be difficult to prove that the driver wasn't justified. Don't get me wrong; standing over a door doesn't equate to justified killings.  You have to remember it's the shooter's word versus McKnight's versus the physical evidence. All three shots were expelled from inside the vehicle. If the shooter says that McKnight approached him and threatened to kill him, how do you prove it didn't happen? When McKnight got out of the car, knowingly or otherwise, he provided ammo (no pun intended) for the shooter to claim self-defense. 

Nothing justifies releasing it? It happens all the time. Besides, they're probably just going to punt it to the local DA and put it on them to pursue it.
Good news: the suspect was finally arrested and charged with manslaughter. He identified himself as the shooter during the police investigation.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-violation