Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Denard Robinson's Promotion...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Upon watching the London game a few times, Robinson is reaching his stride. His play has seriously improved. He's slowly but surely becoming that "OW" to which he was once designated. As MOJO's backup for the second half of the season, it'll be interesting to watch him progress. His agility, his vision, his nack for making the defense grab air is starting to show. I'm encouraged by this young man and hopefully he'll continue this trend in 2013 and build upon it in the years to come.

Please give your assessment on his play the past two games along/w future performances.

NH3...
I hope he gets 5+ carries vs the tacks so we can find out. 

Once the game starts to slow down for him a bit more, his production will increase..

Robinson seems to be afflicted with the same condition that most rookie RBs suffer from when running the ball: happy feet.  Instead of maximizing forward motion, I see a lot of rookie RBs dancing and juking around trying to find the big hole so they can make the big play.  More often than not they end up losing yardage or getting tackled at, or just beyond, the LOS.  Once he calms down a little and learns that lowering a shoulder and pushing through is more productive than dancing, we'll see mo betta thangs outta him.

Quote:Robinson seems to be afflicted with the same condition that most rookie RBs suffer from when running the ball: happy feet.  Instead of maximizing forward motion, I see a lot of rookie RBs dancing and juking around trying to find the big hole so they can make the big play.  More often than not they end up losing yardage or getting tackled at, or just beyond, the LOS.  Once he calms down a little and learns that lowering a shoulder and pushing through is more productive than dancing, we'll see mo betta thangs outta him.

LOL... Mo betta thangs outta him...

Agreed to certain extent. Robinson's running style consist of the happy feet that you speak of. I previously compared hie style to Barry Sanders' running style. I don't feel that at his size, he could continiously run through the tackles w/o happy feet...

I Like his style...

NH3...
Quote:Once the game starts to slow down for him a bit more, his production will increase..

I do believe that this process has begun...

NH3...
He's an RB.  Not an OW at this point.  

hows he looking at wr? i see more potential there tbh

Quote:hows he looking at wr? i see more potential there tbh

0 catches. I'm not even sure he's had any targets this season. 
Quote:hows he looking at wr? i see more potential there tbh
Hasn't played a snap at WR in 3 weeks.  (he dropped a screen pass and that was it)

Quote:Hasn't played a snap at WR in 3 weeks.  (he dropped a screen pass and that was it)
lol damn maybe i should retract my input but he just doesnt seem to have the speed/frame to be a successful rb. at least from what ive seen.
Quote:He's an RB.  Not an OW at this point.

At this point he's fared much better at the RB position. The position that he was drafted. But keep in mind of his jersey # along/w the desire to get him the ball in open space. The team's desire is for him to become his self designation of OW...

NH3...
Quote:lol damn maybe i should retract my input but he just doesnt seem to have the speed/frame to be a successful rb. at least from what ive seen.

Robinson does have the size/speed for the RB posotion. Keep in mind his play within the preseason to which he exclusively ran between the tackles...

NH3...
The Jaguars were hiring? Damn I should have checked my email.
He's explosive but needs to slow down a bit......he's thinking too much but that's to be expected when you're doing something out of the norm. As much as he was a running qb, he wasn't a running back until late so for all those rookies getting a week away to watch tape and other players around the league should be a great benefit for them

Quote:lol damn maybe i should retract my input but he just doesnt seem to have the speed/frame to be a successful rb. at least from what ive seen.

Then you have no clue what youre looking at.
So will his official job title be running back for the rest of the year, now that he can't be called an OW anymore?

I call him average. Why place a tag like offensive weapon on a rookie when you have an awful team?  What a great off season story that has fizzled this year. I know our season gets "easier" on paper in the second half but jeez even first downs are at a premium this year.

Quote:I call him average. Why place a tag like offensive weapon on a rookie when you have an awful team?  What a great off season story that has fizzled this year. I know our season gets "easier" on paper in the second half but jeez even first downs are at a premium this year.

He is a wide receiver, running back, quarterback, and special teams player. How can we give him a job title when he has three or four different jobs?
atleast he feels needed.... :pinch:

Pages: 1 2 3 4