Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Genius tries to drain fuel tank by using an electric drill to punch a hole in it. FLAME ON
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Flames turn mechanic into human fireball in near-death experience
In CCTV footage, Lee Roberts, 33, can be seen running to safety when flames suddenly rose from a a salvage pit he was working in.

As he drained fuel from underneath a van, the natural force surrounded the worker from Wigan causing him to escape the near-death experience.

Lee suffered 22 per cent burns to his hands, legs and nose from the flames and he was placed in a medically induced coma.

The ordeal has now put Lee out of work since the incident on 22 July 2010.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-n...experience

Quote:Flames turn mechanic into human fireball in near-death experience

In CCTV footage, Lee Roberts, 33, can be seen running to safety when flames suddenly rose from a a salvage pit he was working in.

As he drained fuel from underneath a van, the natural force surrounded the worker from Wigan causing him to escape the near-death experience.

Lee suffered 22 per cent burns to his hands, legs and nose from the flames and he was placed in a medically induced coma.

The ordeal has now put Lee out of work since the incident on 22 July 2010.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/348555/VIDEO-Flames-turn-mechanic-into-human-fireball-in-near-death-experience'>http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/348555/VIDEO-Flames-turn-mechanic-into-human-fireball-in-near-death-experience</a>

"the natural force surrounded the worker"

I want some of that.
From reading the article, pretty clear the company was at fault. Feel bad for the guy. 

Another Darwin candidate.

He should put some of that gas into his gene pool to kill any future accidents.

the title.

[Image: 343569d1331340721-syria-man-loses-his-vo...44x47.jpeg]

Quote:Another Darwin candidate.

He should put some of that gas into his gene pool to kill any future accidents.

I would have thought so, too.

Just like thieves that are making $50.00 when they steal Catalytic Converters out from under your truck, and it cost you like $2,771.09 to fix the damage (wiring harness's, this & that's, and a few other things). They are also taking a cordless drill to steal your gas from the bottom side. It would be cheaper to remove the device that stops them from siphoning your gas with a hose. Sad  Yep, they will drill a hole in your tank to steal your gas.

I have thought about taping a $100.00 bill to the underside of my truck with a note. "Take this money instead of my stuff, and buy Candy so the next time you can't fit under my truck" "Trick, or Treat" :angry:

Anyone w/common sense knows better than to try such a procedure. This is like a fire fighter cutting into a chemical tank w/an saw that produces sparks. This is called a BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion)...

NH3...
Quote:Anyone w/common sense knows better than to try such a procedure. This is like a fire fighter cutting into a chemical tank w/an saw that produces sparks. This is called a BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion)...

NH3...

I don't know if I bleve you.
He was obviously trying to gain super powers.  Maybe Human Torch.  Or perhaps Ghost Rider.

Quote:Anyone w/common sense knows better than to try such a procedure. This is like a fire fighter cutting into a chemical tank w/an saw that produces sparks. This is called a BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion)...

NH3...
Gas, spark. That's all I need to know.
Quote:Gas, spark. That's all I need to know.

You're a little late, the internal combustion engine has already been invented.
Quote:I don't know if I bleve you.

LMBO... Only Sammy...

NH3...
Quote:Gas, spark. That's all I need to know.

LOL... Careful, it may be the last thing that you know...Ya Know!

NH3...