Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thoughts on London Experience and Mid Season Report Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After reading poor reviews about London and the United Kingdom on travelocity, I chose to do a quick trip to London, arriving and departing on the day of the game. All I can say is what an unbelievable experience!!! From the moment I stepped into storied Wembley Stadium, I could tell this would be a once in a lifetime experience. Frankly, this game was not about football, or as I learned on the cab ride to the stadium, "futbal" as it is commonly referred to in the UK. This game was about two nations with a tenuous history putting their difference aside to put on an unbelievable show. The pregame festivities were amazing, with Elton John singing the Star Bangled Banner followed by the Spice Girls singing "Oh Canada",  the national anthem of the UK. When Posh Spice sang the part of the song about "God Save the Queen" and on the Wembley Stadium cameras zoomed in on Camilla in the luxury suites, I have to admit I got choked up.  This however paled in comparison to watching English Pop Rock Star Rod Stewart administer the opening coin flip.  Some guys have all the luck!!! Factor all of this consideration and then add 85,000 raucous cheering Jags fans rocking the stadium and all I can say is WOW!!!

Then the game began...I was only able to stay for the first half as I had to catch my return flight but from what I saw, it was obvious that the Jags were not accustomed to playing that high above sea level - yet another way Goodell is screwing the Jags. As a result, this game will not factor into my mid season grades, which are as follows:

Quarterbacks: A- Gabbert was playing at a B level, Henne has played at an A level, thus I simply averaged the grades and came up with A-.

Running Backs: D- Our running backs are really not a threat. If they would run faster, run harder and get more yards I am certain the line would block harder for them. 

Offensive Line: N/A (non applicable) Hard to really grade this crew based on the fact the running backs don't run hard and the QB's hang onto the ball to long.

Special Teams: A+++ Scobee has been Scobee and Anger has proven the prognosticators wrong - proving he was worthy of a 3rd round pick. I have no idea where this team would be without Scobee, our most consistent weapon.

Coaching: B-  At worst this team should be 6-2 so the coaching staff must take some accountability.  I don't expect them this early on to have this team playing at the level Del Rio had them playing at, but I'm hoping we can do some soul searching over the bye week and get our act together.

Lastly, I'm curious if Carl Pelini, the former Florida Atlantic coach has been mentioned as a possible addition to the Jaguars staff? He abruptly resigned yesterday and I'm just connecting the dots and seeing if maybe he is making the quick trip from Boca Raton to Jacksonville?

A+ effort.  no wait, F.

Quarterbacks: A- Gabbert was playing at a B level, Henne has played at an A level, thus I simply averaged the grades and came up with A-.

This makes you lose any ounce of credibility.  You maybe the 1 person in 5 billion to give this QB play an A.

Wow ray charles
Quote: 

<div>Quarterbacks: A- Gabbert was playing at a B level, Henne has played at an A level, thus I simply averaged the grades and came up with A-.

This makes you lose any ounce of credibility.  You maybe the 1 person in 5 billion to give this QB play an A.

Wow ray charles

</div>
Ok - then how would you grade it smart guy???
Quote: 

<div>Quarterbacks: A- Gabbert was playing at a B level, Henne has played at an A level, thus I simply averaged the grades and came up with A-.

Wow ray charles

</div>

Tee hee hee
[Image: notfunny.gif]

Quote: 

Wow ray charles

</div>

I'm pretty sure he's not the one losing credibility in this thread. 
I cannot believe this post was moved to the sideline. i'm still very, very sad.

I can not believe someone didnt get the satire in this post, and more than one person at that.  Sad.

Quote:I cannot believe this post was moved to the sideline. i'm still very, very sad.

You have a point. This really should be in the "Tailgate Zone" forum.

Would you like me to move it there?