Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Two or three Jags players involved in an altercation after London game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's Deadspin, so take it for what it's worth.

http://deadspin.com/sources-some-jaguars...1453759429

Yup, sounds 100% legit.

Quote: 

We don't have any names, but we do have two stories from two different sources, probably about the same group of players.
No names, "sources", multiple stories and the word probably.

I kinda' doubt this one.  London's gossip rag/ paparazzi  scene makes TMZ et al pale in comparison.  I think one or more of them would have been all over this were it true. 

But, who knows?   Wouldn't be the first time a few athletes did something stupid. 

Quote:I kinda' doubt this one.  London's gossip rag/ paparazzi  scene makes TMZ et al pale in comparison.  I think one or more of them would have been all over this were it true. 

But, who knows?   Wouldn't be the first time a few athletes did something stupid. 
A chance to complain about the Yanks coming over, trying to shove American Football down the throats of honest, hard working Brits and then getting in a fight with those same honest, hard working Brits and LOSING? Yeah, the Sun would be ALL OVER that.
So the potential exists that they're actually 0-9 after the lost fight? 

Sweet!

Quote:So the potential exists that they're actually 0-9 after the lost fight? 

Sweet!
Told you we wouldn't beat the bye week.
Deadspin does some pretty good work when they actually do investigating themselves, however their tip line stories arent always the most reliable.

This is bull. Why was this even worth a post?

Quote:This is bull. Why was this even worth a post?

Because it's Jaguars-related news? You're welcome to file a complaint with your local congressman or woman to have it removed.
Can't be 100% sure, but because we were expecting strong winds overnight and into Monday I thought the Jags left on Sunday night.

I could be wrong though.

And nope, there was nothing on our tv news and they would have certainly mentioned it.

Beware of blogs Ninja

So in one story we have:

Two Jaguars players going home with six women (that's 3 each) after being blown out for the eighth time in a single season... getting into a fight with security guards at a hotel.  Either England has some really desperate women, or there is a Jaguars 'football' team over there that's really good.

In the other:

Nine guys (who all had brass knuckles) got into a fight with 3 Jaguar players... for no apparent reason (Angry 49er fans that we embarrassed them by not losing by more?)

<p class="">They are currently the worst team in the league, and haven't been even mediocre in a few seasons now. They also play in a small city and have never had rousing fan support. Typically, the NFL draws anywhere from 100,000+ in Dallas, and most stadia hold 75,000 or so, and are usually sold out. Even the smaller cities and venues still get 55,000, but Jacksonville is lucky to get 40,000 fans, and often less.

Jacksonville does have nice ocean access and good breakfast shops

From Comments section..  0.o

Quote:Can't be 100% sure, but because we were expecting strong winds overnight and into Monday I thought the Jags left on Sunday night.

I could be wrong though.

And nope, there was nothing on our tv news and they would have certainly mentioned it.

Beware of blogs Ninja
They actually postponed their flight to leave later on Monday. 

(welcome to the forum, Bladesman! )

Quote:They actually postponed their flight to leave later on Monday. 

(welcome to the forum, Bladesman! )
Ahh OK :thumbsup:

And thank you for the welcome Smile
They needed MoJo there throwing some sucker punches.

Too bad Greg Jones isn't still around...fight would be over before it started.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong'>Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong</a><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/396390645218430976' title="2:37 PM - 1 Nov 13">8m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">Jaguars GM Caldwell on JT Thomas & John Lotulelei involved in London fight: "It was a very minor situation and it was handled internally.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);"> 

<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">Man why did it have to be the UNLV guy?

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong8m
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">Jaguars GM Caldwell on JT Thomas & John Lotulelei involved in London fight: "It was a very minor situation and it was handled internally.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">Man why did it have to be the UNLV guy?

</div>
So this actually happened? Color me surprised.
Quote:Told you we wouldn't beat the bye week.

Hell, we got crushed by the bye week.
Pages: 1 2