Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ford GT hits 278 mph in Texas Mile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ford GT hits 278 mph in Texas Mile
A modified Ford GT has broken the Texas Mile speed record, again.

The M2K Motorsports GT reached 278 mph over one mile from a standing start, making it the fastest vehicle ever to run at the semiannual Texas speed fest.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/10/2...p=HPBucket

I love the GT.  It is Ford's crowning achievement.  I had the opportunity to drive one several times and it's truly an amazing car.  The stock model easily reaches 100mph in 2nd gear and get's you there at a frightening pace.  

The original GT40 was a product of Ford's quest to dethrone Ferrari at LeMans (and other road races) in the mid 60's.  They partnered with Lola to design the car and initial work was done in England. Engineers and designers from Lola, Lotus, Aston Martin and Ford comprised the team.  Once a few working racers were built and underperformed a bit - Carroll Shelby took charge of the project and race team.  

In 1966 GT40 mkII's finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at LeMans.   Ford's reproduction of this racer as a drivable "super car" in 2005-2006 is yet to be matched by an American manufacturer, IMO.  

[Image: 2006_ford_gt_base-pic-2566.jpeg]

My KIA van laughs. You hear me? LAUGHS.

Before you say it (sigh) yes, Killed In Action.
So What! My Dodge Charger has reached speeds of...Ummmmmmm...

I Cannot even imagine rolling at 278 mph on land...

NH3...