Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Workout Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This died in the old board so let's see if we can revive it here.

I did the P90X thing through 1.5 rounds then I decided I was ready to get back to the gym. We have a 24 hour gym in my hometown which I had to have with my off the wall schedule.

I've got myself cut down pretty far in terms of body fat and now I'm going to work on a 8 week mass building cycle. Plus or minus a few weeks depending on how my body feels. The difficult part is going to be the eating. My calorie intake is going to be so much higher than it has been through the last two years of weight loss. I'm going to have to force myself to eat sometimes. I'm trying to ramp up the food intake slowly to adjust to it. I'm finding it hard to get the amount of food I need some days. My schedule doesn't help (no that isn't an excuse.) I've had t. same schedule since I started my lifestyle changes two years ago and have always adjusted to make it work. It makes things more challenging with no real way to set up any type of eating schedule and it's going to take plenty of planning on my part.

It's been a few years of ups and downs with weight loss but 135 pounds later it's been successful. I still have big goals (gaining mass being one) and more than enough work to do. There will always be ways for me to improve and new goals to set.

I have to say now that I'm in the gym again, the addiction is back. I love the gym. It's my place to get away, I'm not sure how to explain it the words aren't coming to me.

I know there were a few of you on the old board posting about this so hopefully this picks back up. I love talking and discussing this. I'll post the new set of workouts later. I'm going to offically start with it (with a few of my own adjustments) next week. This week is a light week. My body needs it.

Another thing I've been doing is HIIT cardio. That seems to have helped a lot in terms of toning and fat loss. Going from 300+ to 170 leaves areas to work on but my body has adjusted fairly well.

Time to cut myself off on my long story. I could go for days on this.
I adhere to a strict macrobiotic diet of whole grains and filtered water packaged in sterilized glass containers. Nothing but the best for this temple.
Great job losing 135 pounds Scarecrow!! You should be very proud of your hard work!! Banana
Quote:I adhere to a strict macrobiotic diet of whole grains and filtered water packaged in sterilized glass containers. Nothing but the best for this temple.

Does it really count a whole grains any more at that point?
YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY WORKOUT THREADS!

Quote:Does it really count a whole grains any more at that point?

At that point in the process it converts into a scientifically proven and highly effective dietary supplement called 'ambrosia'. It works for grapes too.
Anybody go to Timed Exercise?

I squeeze really, really tight...and let loose. Squeeeeeze really really tight, let loose.
I'm 5'3 330 pounds. What is a workout?

Quote:I'm 5'3 330 pounds. What is a workout?

When you get up and walk to the fridge and back...that's a workout.
Quote:When you get up and walk to the fridge and back...that's a workout.
how many sets is required per day?
Quote:how many sets is required per day?

If you're strong enough....only 1. 
Quote:how many sets is required per day?
for that kind of body you just put your bed and tv in the kitchen.
Yay!! It's back.

I have been really slacking since I've been in London the past week. Looking forward to getting back in the gym Monday.

Doing a different routine now (trying to add some weight).

Day 1 (Heavy Back and Chest) - 8x3 on deadlifts then 8x3 bench. Heavy as you can with good form. 4x8-10 on bent over rows (some days single arm and some with a bar) then 4x8 incline press. 4x8 on lat pull downs or pull-ups then 4x10 chest flys (incline and flat)

Day 2 (heavy legs and shoulders) -8x3 squats. 5x6 shoulder press. 4x8 leg press. 4x10 Lat raises or front raises. Lunges (across the gym). 4x10 Rear delts or upright rows.

Day 3 (explosive back and Chest) - light work focusing in quick movements. 6x2 elevated deadlift 6x3 bench press (60% of max). 5x4 half movement dead lift (power rack with bar at your knees). 5x4 half movement bench (power rack with bar halfway up). Whatever back movement you feel like. Plyo push-ups. 5xmax

Day 4 (explosive shoulders and legs) - 5x5 squat cleans or hang cleans. 5x5 Explosive shoulder press (bar on back, bend knees, and push the bar up). 5x5 Top half movement squat. 5x5 top half move ton shoulder press. Plyometric drill. Medicine ball throws.
Quote:Great job losing 135 pounds Scarecrow!! You should be very proud of your hard work!! Banana

Thanks! It's a start.

What's scary is less than two years ago that's pretty much me.

Two trips to the fridge and it was time for a nap.
Quote:Yay!! It's back.

I have been really slacking since I've been in London the past week. Looking forward to getting back in the gym Monday.

Doing a different routine now (trying to add some weight).

Day 1 (Heavy Back and Chest) - 8x3 on deadlifts then 8x3 bench. Heavy as you can with good form. 4x8-10 on bent over rows (some days single arm and some with a bar) then 4x8 incline press. 4x8 on lat pull downs or pull-ups then 4x10 chest flys (incline and flat)

Day 2 (heavy legs and shoulders) -8x3 squats. 5x6 shoulder press. 4x8 leg press. 4x10 Lat raises or front raises. Lunges (across the gym). 4x10 Rear delts or upright rows.

Day 3 (explosive back and Chest) - light work focusing in quick movements. 6x2 elevated deadlift 6x3 bench press (60% of max). 5x4 half movement dead lift (power rack with bar at your knees). 5x4 half movement bench (power rack with bar halfway up). Whatever back movement you feel like. Plyo push-ups. 5xmax

Day 4 (explosive shoulders and legs) - 5x5 squat cleans or hang cleans. 5x5 Explosive shoulder press (bar on back, bend knees, and push the bar up). 5x5 Top half movement squat. 5x5 top half move ton shoulder press. Plyometric drill. Medicine ball throws.

Are you finding it tough to add muscle mass and gain weight? I'm still struggling to get myself to wat the calories I need. It takes a lot of eggs, chicken, ground turkey, veggies, sweet potatoes, and protein powder to hit 3000+ calories. I'm eating in the area of 2500 most days (that I calculate) and I still stay the same or drop a little. Time to ramp it up some more. I do eat a few tablespoons of all natural peanut butter as a snack a lot and recently started drinking chocolate milk (mostly before/after my workout) to add calories. I eat enough eggs and ground turkey for a family of 4 I think.
Quote:Are you finding it tough to add muscle mass and gain weight? I'm still struggling to get myself to wat the calories I need. It takes a lot of eggs, chicken, ground turkey, veggies, sweet potatoes, and protein powder to hit 3000+ calories. I'm eating in the area of 2500 most days (that I calculate) and I still stay the same or drop a little. Time to ramp it up some more. I do eat a few tablespoons of all natural peanut butter as a snack a lot and recently started drinking chocolate milk (mostly before/after my workout) to add calories. I eat enough eggs and ground turkey for a family of 4 I think.

Yeah, it's very difficult for me too. I eat a lot of peanut butter now and have started eating a little less healthy. I know it's not the best way to add more weight but, oh well. Once I add enough mass I can clean up the diet some.
Beeftank? Is that you?
Quote:I'm 5'3 330 pounds. 

Thats believable. 
Pages: 1 2