Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***The Official NBA Thread of the 2013-2014 Season***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Go Spurs Go!

Predictions

Wizards, Pelicans and Cavs makes the playoffs

ROY olapido

6th man Jeremy Lin because i heard he just got benched lol

MVP LeBron vs DRose

Heat vs. Spurs Finals rematch!

im bummed we didnt get a fantasy league going for the forum Sad

Games on opening day matchups

Orl vs Ind - indiana by a blowout

Chi vs Mia - rose with a triumphant return

LAC vs LAL - clippers begins their reign as the team of LA

who is the most overrated team coming into the season; clippers, rockets or brooklyn.

with lin being the 6th man i hope they pair with asik, then the rockets would be a force and they have talent all around. brooklyn brought in needed veteran/playoffs presence but kidd as the coach is iffy. clippers are essentially the same team but with a better coach, though ive always though doc was an overrated coach and tom thibodeau was the difference during their championship run. so i pick the clippers being the most overrated tbh.

Quote:again, you're (probably intentionally) missing the point. WHen Camby played and was healthy, he was a defensive force. Just as good as any other in the game. 

And again, the point was Noel's offensive game SUCKS. He's not even going to be Sanders or even Chandler as far as offense goes. He's essentially Dikember Mutombo. Wonderful. I hated that player. Its like dragging an anchor around, offensively. Noel will be the same. 
last 5 years camby was a good defensive player but was not a defensive force like chandler or duncan so stop kidding yourself.

sanders and noel are essentially a similar prospect coming into the draft. sanders is a little better offensively but not by much. i expect them to be a similar player imo.
Quote: 

If you or anyone else can round up 10 people and do a roto league, I'm in
Quote: 

Quote:If you or anyone else can round up 10 people and do a roto league, I'm in
If y'all want me to create a Yahoo league let me know. I think we can get 10 by, say next Tuesday.
Quote:If y'all want me to create a Yahoo league let me know. I think we can get 10 by, say next Tuesday.

If you can get 10, I'm in. 

Its not fun without at least 10 in league. 

Also, I'd like the league to be rotisserie, not H2H.  

11 categories: FG Att, FG%, FT Att, FT %, 3PT made, REB, AST, STL, BLK, Pts, DblDbl's

Makes for a great league. 
Roy Hibbert 16 Boards & 7 blocks tonight?? :blink: 

The magic played well tonight, especially without Tobias Harris. Me thinks Hennigan realizes that this team as constructed is to good to tank and makes some deals early on.
I never really cared about basketball much less the NBA, but I'm having a change of heart what's a fun team to watch? 

Quote:I never really cared about basketball much less the NBA, but I'm having a change of heart what's a fun team to watch? 

Houston Rockets, Portland Trailblazers. LA Clippers, Oklahoma City Thunder,,,,
Quote:I never really cared about basketball much less the NBA, but I'm having a change of heart what's a fun team to watch?
Orlando. Root for you local squad. They play games in Jax.
i've always enjoyed watching Golden State. and the teams tmd listed are fun also.

Quote:If y'all want me to create a Yahoo league let me know. I think we can get 10 by, say next Tuesday.
im down but i prefer h2h.
LOL clippers, overrated team, overrated coach.  Lakers showing why theyre better off without kobe.

bynum is cleared to play. hopefully his glass knees dont shatter and he stops bowling for the time being.

How 'bout that Michael Carter-Williams tonight??

22 pts, 7 boards, 12 dimes, and 9 steals. 

Not a bad rookie debut

Quote:How 'bout that Michael Carter-Williams tonight??

22 pts, 7 boards, 12 dimes, and 9 steals. 

Not a bad rookie debut
not to mention it was against the defending champs.  i guess he was better suited for the pro game than college, i was disappointed with his performance in the tourney.  hes definitely going early if we ever decide on a fantasy league lol.
I like what the Pelicans have. Anthony Davis is going to be a stud in this league. But I still can't figure out what they are going to do with Tyreke Evans.

Quote:not to mention it was against the defending champs.  i guess he was better suited for the pro game than college, i was disappointed with his performance in the tourney.  hes definitely going early if we ever decide on a fantasy league lol.

I'd be careful with reading TOO much into the MCW stat line vs. the Heat last night.....

Remember, it was a back to back situation for the Heat, and DeWayne Wade didn't play. IIRC last season, many players had huge stat lines vs the Heat during the regular season, esp when Wade didn't suit up. 

I think some of MCW's game last night was legit, but I think its a safe bet that he doesn't come close to that stat line form last night for the entire remainder of the season. 
Quote:I like what the Pelicans have. Anthony Davis is going to be a stud in this league. But I still can't figure out what they are going to do with Tyreke Evans.

Not a fan of Evans' game here. 
Quote:I'd be careful with reading TOO much into the MCW stat line vs. the Heat last night.....

Remember, it was a back to back situation for the Heat, and DeWayne Wade didn't play. IIRC last season, many players had huge stat lines vs the Heat during the regular season, esp when Wade didn't suit up. 

I think some of MCW's game last night was legit, but I think its a safe bet that he doesn't come close to that stat line form last night for the entire remainder of the season. 
yeah one of his problem in college was consistency, but it seems like losing jrue was a big risk, may not be as big as it was if mcw becomes consistent.

Quote:I like what the Pelicans have. Anthony Davis is going to be a stud in this league. But I still can't figure out what they are going to do with Tyreke Evans.
i never like rekes game but i was hearing noises that the pelicans plan to move gordon and that was the reason for rekes signing.
Pages: 1 2 3