Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bradley Press Conf.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Highlights from Bradley:

- Big "personnel" meeting tonight among coaches to evaluate roster.

- 12 + missed tackles vs niners - 3 on one play  - mostly rookies missing them

- M Lewis is moving the line of scrimmage at point of attack as a blocker - has value - helping run game

(you can bet no trade with 2 hours to go....)

-  Anger is starting to be more consistent - admitted there was an issue earlier in the season w/ punting

- "You don't hear any whining, complaining or excuses in the locker room - now we're going to elevate the expectations"

- "Our city and our fans need to see it on the scoreboard. We understand that. I want it and our team wants as badly as they do. In order to give them that - and our team - that we have to stay true to that (the process.) 

Nobody is trading for Lewis anyway. He has a huge salary jump next year. I doubt he makes it on this roster past March.

Quote:Highlights from Bradley:

given that the trade deadline is 4pm TODAY, it might have been a better idea to have this meeting yesterday. 

LOL, what a dysfunctional mess. 

Really like the roster evaluation after the trading deadline......I am quickly losing faith in the new regime 

Quote:given that the trade deadline is 4pm TODAY, it might have been a better idea to have this meeting yesterday. 

Perhaps the meeting is scheduled after the deadline for a reason, Quick Draw?
Quote: Really like the roster evaluation after the trading deadline......I am quickly losing faith in the new regime 

I know, right?? Isn't it just brilliant??

Good Lord, if I didn't know better I'd say this was a tank job....no not the kind that gets you the number one pick, but the kind of tank job that alienates fans so they lose interest and stop buying tickets so ownership has an "excuse" to move the franchise type tank. 

Ignore the troll, people.

Quote:given that the trade deadline is 4pm TODAY, it might have been a better idea to have this meeting yesterday. 

LOL indeed.  It's not like they are suddenly going to decide to trade someone they hadn't already considered.  You act as if they didn't sit down to discuss possible trades weeks ago and suddenly have to figure it out.  

Don't you think it's much more likely that they had a meeting about possible trades right after the Monroe trade?   I certainly do.  Just because the HC mentions a personnel meeting in his presser - it doesn't mean it's the only one they've ever had.   
i would have thought it was the best time to have it.

i know the consensus on the board is we should shop everyone but then people whine because we're loosing

poz is the heart of the defense. shop him it will get worse.

mjd is getting better, shop him we will loose our only power running back

for all lewis's faults as a pass catcher he is one of the best run blocking tight ends in the league and we have looked better in the run game since he got back, more big runs to the outside especially.

everybody knew the jags would bite on anything at the right price and given the monroe trade we take all round picks. No one nibbled.

Isn't it better to evaluate the people still on the roster see what you have for the long term and what your going to cut in the summer, where the strengths are and where the weaknesses are.

Along with what you are going to do for the rest of the season?

seems perfect to me

Quote:I know, right?? Isn't it just brilliant??

Good Lord, if I didn't know better I'd say this was a tank job....no not the kind that gets you the number one pick, but the kind of tank job that alienates fans so they lose interest and stop buying tickets so ownership has an "excuse" to move the franchise type tank. 

What, you're not going to buy tickets anymore? Oh, wait...

As you can see by the flurry of trades at the deadline, the Jaguars really missed out. Oh, wait ....

Dysfunctional? There you go again, projecting your situation onto the team. You need to look into that.
Quote:it doesn't mean it's the only one they've ever had.

You sure about that? I'm guessing this is the first personnel meeting they have had this year.

HA!!!  I was just going to post that !!!
Quote:You sure about that? I'm guessing this is the first personnel meeting they have had this year.
Yeah, I guess you're right.  Caldwell probably makes all these moves without discussing them with anyone - and the position coaches just mention to Bradley in passing that there's a new kid in their meetings and another guy didn't show up for work. 

I'm sure all of this happened that way:

October 8, 2013

Placed S Dwight Lowery, OT Luke Joeckel and TE Allen Reisner on injured reserve. Claimed OT Sam Young off waivers from Buffalo. Promoted OT DeMarcus Love from the practice squad. Signed G Jacques McClendon. Signed WR Jeremy Ebert to the practice squad. Waived WR Tobais Palmer from the practice squad.

October 7, 2013

Claimed WR Stephen Williams off waivers from Seattle. Waived WR Jeremy Ebert.

October 5, 2013

Activated WR Justin Blackmon from the reserve/suspended list. Waived G Jacques McClendon.

October 3, 2013

Released LB Kyle Knox. Claimed LB John Lotulelei off waivers from Seattle. Signed WR Jeremy Ebert from the practice squad. Signed OT DeMarcus Love to the practice squad.

October 3, 2013

Signed WR Jeremy Ebert from the practice squad. Signed OT DeMarcus Love to the practice squad.

October 1, 2013

Signed WRs Jeremy Ebert, Tobais Palmer and Lamaar Thomas and DT Jordan Miller to the practice squad. Waived CB Marcus Burley and DE Chris McCoy from the practice squad.

September 30, 2013

Signed G Jacques McClendon and QB Ricky Stanzi. Released WRs Jeremy Ebert and Tobais Palmer.

September 29, 2013

Signed WR Jeremy Ebert and WR Tobais Palmer from the practice squad. Waived G Jacques McClendon and QB Ricky Stanzi.

September 23, 2013

Signed G Jacques McClendon. Waived WR Jeremy Ebert.

September 21, 2013

Signed WR Jeremy Ebert from the practice squad. Released G Jacques McClendon.

September 16, 2013

Claimed CB Jamell Fleming off waivers from Arizona. Signed G Jacques McClendon. Waived WR Jeremy Ebert and CB Marcus Burley. Signed DE Chris McCoy to the practice squad.

September 14, 2013

Released G Jacques McClendon and DE Chris McCoy. Signed WR Jeremy Ebert and CB Marcus Burley from the practice squad.

September 2, 2013

Signed RB Lonnie Pryor to the practice squad.

September 1, 2013

Claimed WR Stephen Burton (Minnesota), DB Winston Guy (Seattle), TE Clay Harbor (Philadelphia), G Jacques McClendon (Atlanta), LB Chris McCoy (Philadelphia), LB J.T. Thomas (Chicago) and TE D.J. Williams (Green Bay) off waivers. Released S Antwon Blake, TE Brett Brackett, G-C Dan Gerberry, DT Kyle Love, FB Lonnie Pryor, WR Jordan Shipley and LB Andy Studebaker,
August 30, 2013Released QB Mike Kafka, QB Matt Scott, WR Jeremy Ebert, DE Pannel Egboh, RB Jonathan Grimes, LB Brandon Marshall, WR Charly Martin, OL Pat McQuistan, G Drew Nowak, CB Kevin Rutland, DT D'Anthony Smith, LB Julian Stanford, CB Marcus Trufant, WR Toney Clemons and DE Ryan Davis, DT T.J. Barnes, OT R.J. Dill, TE Ryan Otten, WR Tobais Palmer, S Steven Terrell and LB Mike Zimmer.August 28, 2013Signed CB Will Blackmon. Waived CB Marcus Burley.August 27, 2013Claimed QB back Ricky Stanzi off waivers from Kansas City and LB Kyle Knox off waivers from Seattle. Waived RB De'Leon Eskridge and TE Isaiah Stanback.August 27, 2013Claimed QB back Ricky Stanzi off waivers from Kansas City and LB Kyle Knox off waivers from Seattle. Waived RB De'Leon Eskridge and TE Isaiah Stanback.August 25, 2013Released LSs Jeremy Cain and Luke Ingram, LBs Maalik Bomar and Jeremiah Green, DEs J.D. Griggs and Paul Hazel, G Mark Asper, P Ken Parrish, CB Lionel Smith, WR Jamal Miles, S Ray Polk and OT Roderick Tomlin. Placed CB Jeremy Harris on injured reserve.August 19, 2013Released WR Mohamed Massaquoi and G-C Jason Spitz.August 7, 2013Claimed WR Charly Martin off waivers from San Francisco.August 7, 2013Signed G Pat McQuistan.August 5, 2013Waived WR Taylor Price and G Stephane Milhim.August 2, 2013Were awarded LS Luke Ingram off waivers from Pittsburgh.

Meetings Shmeetings
Quote:Highlights from Bradley:

Did he metion who was going to bring the tequila ...
Quote:Ignore the troll, people.

Ignore reality?

trollol

Troll So Hard University
Big question is...

Do we have something to "build on?"
Quote:Did he metion who was going to bring the tequila ...
Sullivan.  Sullivan always brings the tequila.  I know, who'd have thunk it? 

Wash, Butkus, and Yarno  drink cheap Canadian whiskey exclusively. 

Duffner is strictly a beer guy and Babich doesn't drink and scoffs frequently at anything Wash says in the meetings after he's had had a few. 

Quote:Yeah, I guess you're right. Caldwell probably makes all these moves without discussing them with anyone - and the position coaches just mention to Bradley in passing that there's a new kid in their meetings and another guy didn't show up for work.

I'm sure all of this happened that way: October 8, 2013 Placed S Dwight Lowery, OT Luke Joeckel and TE Allen Reisner on injured reserve. Claimed OT Sam Young off waivers from Buffalo. Promoted OT DeMarcus Love from the practice squad. Signed G Jacques McClendon. Signed WR Jeremy Ebert to the practice squad. Waived WR Tobais Palmer from the practice squad. October 7, 2013 Claimed WR Stephen Williams off waivers from Seattle. Waived WR Jeremy Ebert. October 5, 2013 Activated WR Justin Blackmon from the reserve/suspended list. Waived G Jacques McClendon. October 3, 2013 Released LB Kyle Knox. Claimed LB John Lotulelei off waivers from Seattle. Signed WR Jeremy Ebert from the practice squad. Signed OT DeMarcus Love to the practice squad. October 3, 2013 Signed WR Jeremy Ebert from the practice squad. Signed OT DeMarcus Love to the practice squad. October 1, 2013 Signed WRs Jeremy Ebert, Tobais Palmer and Lamaar Thomas and DT Jordan Miller to the practice squad. Waived CB Marcus Burley and DE Chris McCoy from the practice squad. September 30, 2013 Signed G Jacques McClendon and QB Ricky Stanzi. Released WRs Jeremy Ebert and Tobais Palmer. September 29, 2013 Signed WR Jeremy Ebert and WR Tobais Palmer from the practice squad. Waived G Jacques McClendon and QB Ricky Stanzi. September 23, 2013 Signed G Jacques McClendon. Waived WR Jeremy Ebert. September 21, 2013 Signed WR Jeremy Ebert from the practice squad. Released G Jacques McClendon. September 16, 2013 Claimed CB Jamell Fleming off waivers from Arizona. Signed G Jacques McClendon. Waived WR Jeremy Ebert and CB Marcus Burley. Signed DE Chris McCoy to the practice squad. September 14, 2013 Released G Jacques McClendon and DE Chris McCoy. Signed WR Jeremy Ebert and CB Marcus Burley from the practice squad. September 2, 2013 Signed RB Lonnie Pryor to the practice squad. September 1, 2013 Claimed WR Stephen Burton (Minnesota), DB Winston Guy (Seattle), TE Clay Harbor (Philadelphia), G Jacques McClendon (Atlanta), LB Chris McCoy (Philadelphia), LB J.T. Thomas (Chicago) and TE D.J. Williams (Green Bay) off waivers. Released S Antwon Blake, TE Brett Brackett, G-C Dan Gerberry, DT Kyle Love, FB Lonnie Pryor, WR Jordan Shipley and LB Andy Studebaker,

August 30, 2013Released QB Mike Kafka, QB Matt Scott, WR Jeremy Ebert, DE Pannel Egboh, RB Jonathan Grimes, LB Brandon Marshall, WR Charly Martin, OL Pat McQuistan, G Drew Nowak, CB Kevin Rutland, DT D'Anthony Smith, LB Julian Stanford, CB Marcus Trufant, WR Toney Clemons and DE Ryan Davis, DT T.J. Barnes, OT R.J. Dill, TE Ryan Otten, WR Tobais Palmer, S Steven Terrell and LB Mike Zimmer.August 28, 2013Signed CB Will Blackmon. Waived CB Marcus Burley.August 27, 2013Claimed QB back Ricky Stanzi off waivers from Kansas City and LB Kyle Knox off waivers from Seattle. Waived RB De'Leon Eskridge and TE Isaiah Stanback.August 27, 2013Claimed QB back Ricky Stanzi off waivers from Kansas City and LB Kyle Knox off waivers from Seattle. Waived RB De'Leon Eskridge and TE Isaiah Stanback.August 25, 2013Released LSs Jeremy Cain and Luke Ingram, LBs Maalik Bomar and Jeremiah Green, DEs J.D. Griggs and Paul Hazel, G Mark Asper, P Ken Parrish, CB Lionel Smith, WR Jamal Miles, S Ray Polk and OT Roderick Tomlin. Placed CB Jeremy Harris on injured reserve.August 19, 2013Released WR Mohamed Massaquoi and G-C Jason Spitz.August 7, 2013Claimed WR Charly Martin off waivers from San Francisco.August 7, 2013Signed G Pat McQuistan.August 5, 2013Waived WR Taylor Price and G Stephane Milhim.August 2, 2013Were awarded LS Luke Ingram off waivers from Pittsburgh.

Meetings Shmeetings

See! I knew you'd come around...
Pages: 1 2