Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This might sound silly...but does Lewis have any trade value? And would you trade him?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I still think Marcedes is a good player. He isn't done like MJD but he just doesn't play a huge role in the offense and I am sure some good team probably needs a TE that can block and make big plays down field. What do you guys think? Keep him or start someone else and get picks?

Duhhhh...lol trade him. He is not part our rebuilding plans.
I'd give him away if anyone would take him. 

At least Mojo is giving the Jags something...Marcedes is giving them absolutely zilch. 

Quote:I'd give him away if anyone would take him. 

At least Mojo is giving the Jags something...Marcedes is giving them absolutely zilch. 
He gave 49ers something.  The ball on the fumble.
I would trade him even for a conditional pick.

He has no value because of his contract.  Why would you pay a fortune for a TE that can only block?  Easier to just bring in a 6th offensive linemen. 

Unfortunately, he'll get cut in the offseason and be a huge cap hit...

I highly doubt he has any value. He can block, but that's about it. He may as well put on about 15 lbs and try his luck at tackle. 

Trade him for whatever you can get to get out of the contract.

Baltimore needs a backup OT.

Once Caldwell traded Monroe - I feel pretty certain that anyone remotely interested in Marcedes (or any other Jaguar veteran)  would have contacted Caldwell or put some feelers out.  

Why wouldn't they.  When an 0-5 team trades a starting LT - other GMs must take a look at other vets on that roster or they'd be really crappy at their jobs, IMO. I think if Lewis is going anywhere - we'll hear about it first thing in the morning and the deal was likely agreed upon days ago.  It's probably not happening though - as Lewis' blocking  has actually helped the running game a little bit the past few weeks and no one would give better than a late 6th for him, IMO. 

Sorry this doesn't jive with those whining about Caldwell not trying to trade players - but it makes more sense.  Seriously  - if you were the a GM for a team hurting at a particular spot and you knew that the Jags and Browns were in "trade-mode" you'd be an idiot not to peruse their roster and open with a low-ball offer if they had anything you wanted.  There isn't much on this roster that anyone covets, though. Including Lewis. 

Trade him for a plate of nachos...I will send the address to Caldwell once the trade is complete.
That is almost like asking if Gabbert has any trade value!!

Hes been non existent the past couple game, and missed some plays he could have made last game. He definitley needs to step it up but I doubt anyone would trade for his huge contract. Thats the same reason Jason Babin wont get traded.

Waste of oxygen

What a bum. He went to Derrick Harvey's Martial arts program.

Quote:What a bum. He went to Derrick Harvey's Martial arts program.

He got injured, it happens to every player at some point. Last year, prior to his injury, he was putting up decent stats considering our offense.
If a team takes Lewis in trade, they also take on his contract.  His base salary this year is about $4.2m, which is high for the production he is delivering. The tough one to take on for an interested team is his base salaries (with workout/camp bonuses) jump to nearly $7m for each the 2014 and 2015 years remaining on his deal.  Ouch. 

He has no trade value.  Which is why we didn't trade him to Green Bay, or any other team, and are unlikely to do so.

If Caldwell can get anything for him, it would be a miracle.

If we can trade him today we will (like with Monroe) pay a majority of his remaining salary. 

Quote: If we can trade him today we will (like with Monroe) pay a majority of his remaining salary. 

No we won't. Any bonuses already paid but not counted against the cap will come into the 2013 and 2014 caps but the salaries will be removed from as well since a different team would be paying them.
Pages: 1 2