Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: John Oehser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was Ketchman a yes man like Oehser is? To pretend this team is going to win a game and use the first half strength of schedule as an excuse for what we are seeing is just awful.

Caldwell built this team for the winter season.  We're not a warm weather team.

Quote:Was Ketchman a yes man like Oehser is? To pretend this team is going to win a game and use the first half strength of schedule as an excuse for what we are seeing is just awful.

Ketchman was a yes man, especially with respect to Gene and his draft picks.

Quote:Caldwell built this team for the winter season.  We're not a warm weather team.LOL
LOL.....so true, while everybody is focusing on our lack of talent they are ignoring this obvious fact.

We should build a retractable roof on Everbank and set the thermostat to 32. Glad someone besides me noticed this.
Quote:Was Ketchman a yes man like Oehser is? To pretend this team is going to win a game and use the first half strength of schedule as an excuse for what we are seeing is just awful.

Sadly for the most part yes Vic was but think about their job.  They have to be.  If they werent they wouldnt be directly working for them anymore.

If you want a non-bias view of the team you have to look at a reporter that isnt being paid directly by the team.  Vic was more entertaining & educational though.
 He is payed by the team and I am sure that limits his objectivity. My boss is normally 5,000 miles away....but she is still my boss

Quote: He is payed by the team and I am sure that limits his objectivity. My boss is normally 5,000 miles away....but she is still my boss

It just gets old. Sometimes optimism and objectivity need to be separated. I realize I don't have to read it, but still do in hopes he finally has enough one day and snaps. Don't want to miss that.
He should have gone with the rest of the apologists late last year.

There are just too many places for improvement in this organization right now.  Is the food at the stadium any good?

Man is it sad being a Jaguars fan right now.  I spend my time rooting for some our ex-players starting on other teams.

The hardest part for me this season is I'd like to see Peyton win another SB, but only if Del Rio gets canned first...   Del Rio destroyed the Jaguars.

Quote:He should have gone with the rest of the apologists late last year.

There are just too many places for improvement in this organization right now.  Is the food at the stadium any good?

Man is it sad being a Jaguars fan right now.  I spend my time rooting for some our ex-players starting on other teams.

The hardest part for me this season is I'd like to see Peyton win another SB, but only if Del Rio gets canned first...   Del Rio destroyed the Jaguars.

At least he had nice hair while doing it. Could be worse.
He has to be that way. It would be like working for a corporation, in charge of sending out company newsletters to all the employees; you wouldn't bash your own company. If you did, you wouldn't be employed very long. He's a Jaguars employee, not an unattached writer from another media source. I do get what you are saying though. Jags fans don't need Oesher to tell them just how bad they are, you guys can see it. I do hope it gets better; your receiving core is pretty much set; you just need a franchise QB at the helm.

Quote:He has to be that way. It would be like working for a corporation, in charge of sending out company newsletters to all the employees; you wouldn't bash your own company. If you did, you wouldn't be employed very long. He's a Jaguars employee, not an unattached writer from another media source. I do get what you are saying though. Jags fans don't need Oesher to tell them just how bad they are, you guys can see it. I do hope it gets better; your receiving core is pretty much set; you just need a franchise QB at the helm.

It is hard because sometimes one wonders if his optimism reflects how the actual decision makers in the "company" feel as well.

Of course he was but like another poster stated he had to be. I feel like he had a lot of information to give that will be missed. At least Vic had that going for him.

Quote:It just gets old. Sometimes optimism and objectivity need to be separated. I realize I don't have to read it, but still do in hopes he finally has enough one day and snaps. Don't want to miss that.
I get frustrated also.....as someone else said this is a rough time to be a Jag fan. I had a Jag polo on when I flew today and even some of the other passengers were bagging on me....sigh
You mean Michelle?

Quote:It just gets old. Sometimes optimism and objectivity need to be separated. I realize I don't have to read it, but still do in hopes he finally has enough one day and snaps. Don't want to miss that.
If you read with any regularity you would know that he has said this team is bad on many occasions. Him not being willing to say that the jags will go winless is far from being optimistic as it is hard to do as history shows. Why do people wan't to read the obvious and what good does it accomplish to scream it from the rooftops? Anybody paying even half attention knows we are bad.
He's a know-nothing add-nothing...

Get an Ex-Jag player to do it....someone that can inspire the players themselves with proper criticism.

Quote:He's a know-nothing add-nothing...

Get an Ex-Jag player to do it....someone that can inspire the players themselves with proper criticism.
McManus is one of the few former players who I have seen tell it like it is.
Yes man?  I don't really see it.  He glosses it over a bit - but he tells it like it is fairly often.  They probably will win one game and come really close in two others, IMO.  I wouldn't bash him for saying they won't go 0-16.  

Oehser:

Quote: 

the past two weeks have been low points. It’s probably understating it to say it needs to improve coming out of the bye.

Quote:The first half of the season from the start was going to be very, very difficult. You had five games outside of the time zone – Denver, London, St. Louis, Seattle and Oakland – and five of the first opponents were among the best teams in the NFL: Indianapolis, Seattle, San Francisco, Kansas City and Denver. That’s not saying anything about the first half was good. It’s also not saying the Jaguars are good, or that they will be anyone’s definition of good in the second half of the season.

Quote:The Jaguars weren’t good Sunday (again) . . . Yes, this is a repeat from last week, because in some ways, the game was pretty close to a repeat of last week. The Jaguars fell behind early and lost to San Diego in convincing fashion a week ago, and did so again to the 49ers on Sunday. Too many of the same issues - but Sunday -  Far too many. 

Quote:The Jaguars continue to struggle to get defenses off the field in crucial third-down situations, and that is leading to a feeling watching this team that the defense can’t get off the field. That feeling is a real feeling, because the defense *can’t get off the field.* At least not in critical situations. At least not with the game still in any sort of doubt.

I'm not getting "yes-man" from any of this.  ^

Talked to him at the rally for about a half hour. He knows how bad we are. Probably can't write it though.
Vic had people calling Gene a genius...nuff said

Pages: 1 2