Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So I watched my first ever 'live' NFL game last night in London ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
... and dont get me wrong ...... Im sure you guys are lovely, perfectly fine gentlemen to have a beer with etc etc.

But boy did your team stink up the place!

....and to think we've got 3 more years of this coming to us here  in London? 

And although it may be the least of your worries but even I can catch a ball thats kicked to me ......... what was your returner doing???

... but I should add it wasnt all bad. Your cheerleaders were fit!!! (I have no idea if thats the same meaning over in the states, but in the UK if you say 'fit' you mean someone is good looking).

One in particular had abs that looked like someone had sculpted them in a workshop before applying them to her stomach, such was the work of perfection they were.

But ... umm, on football matters ......... yeah they stunk up the place. Sorry!
What did you expect? Top 5 team in the NFL vs the worst team in the NFL. 

Thank you for the revelation.
I knew you guys would get all defensive ..... Im just saying couldnt you have brought a better team to London???

You know one with a QB who can throw a spiral once in a while? A returner who can catch? A defense that doesnt just block up the middle so as soon as the opposition get outside they are off to the races?

Cmon guys, Im trying to extend the hand of friendship across the Pond here ..............  :woot:
Quote:I knew you guys would get all defensive ..... Im just saying couldnt you have brought a better team to London???

You know one with a QB who can throw a spiral once in a while? A returner who can catch? A defense that doesnt just block up the middle so as soon as the opposition get outside they are off to the races?

Cmon guys, Im trying to extend the hand of friendship across the Pond here ..............  :woot:
It's not about being defensive.

This is your FIRST live NFL game.

Some of us have been going to NFL games for nearly two decades and watching a lot longer.

You don't think we know our team is horrible?!?
Haha in my defense, I have been 'watching' the NFL for two decades (so its not like Im some complete noob who is going 'Oh this looks like an event, I wonder why they are throwing a ball to each other instead of kicking it?)

Its just its the first actual game Ive been to (not too many opportunities here in London). 

Im sure you know your team are sucking badly ....... so let me put some positive spin on it.

1) Your cheerleaders are great.

2) There was one Jags fan I was near in the stadium who spent the whole time trying to rouse the crowd even when they were 28 nil down. It was quite funny.

3) I errrr like your team colours?

Slightly more worrying for you guys is that with whats-his-name buying Fulham Football Club (Premier League 'soccer' club over here), he was talking about how there is much more audience for Premier League football than for the NFL, so I do wonder if hes got his eyes on another prize and the Jags are now taking a backseat role in his priority list.
Oh and your mascot bungee jumping from the top of Wembley was pretty cool!
I dont know if it makes you feel any better, but here is a pic from my seat last night.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4817/mnfu.jpg

Unfortunately its of the 49'ers driving for the end zone as ...... well, I guess you can imagine, there werent too many opportunities to take photos of the Jags driving up the field.
Decent seat Dave. If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost for the ticket?

Actually it was quite expensive ........ I paid exactly £100 for it which I think is roughly around US$160.

But you dont get many opportunities to go to a match over here plus if<i> </i>Ive only got one opportunity to go, Id rather pay for decent seats than some crappy seats in the corner somewhere when those tickets are still relatively expensive anyway.
About the same as what we pay here. Along with the $8 beers. As for the team we sent, sorry mate, but that's the best we have for now. The mascot and the cheerleaders are definitely the best part of the show.
The Mascot was pretty cool. Bungee jumping in, and he did other various routines with the cheerleaders etc that were pretty funny actually.

To be fair, they definitely tried to make it into a 'home' game for the Jaguars. Every seat had a Jags flag, and all the livery up around the stadium and inside was all about the Jags, but I guess you can put lipstick on a pig, but at the end of the day, its still a pig.

I knew what I was letting myself in for anyway, so I wasnt too disappointed. Just a shame for you guys, on the other hand at least you will have first dibs on the best QB in college football next season.
Well, the Jags may have the opportunity to select the QB they believe is the best, but you never know how that's going to work out.
Quote:... and dont get me wrong ...... Im sure you guys are lovely, perfectly fine gentlemen to have a beer with etc etc.

But boy did your team stink up the place!

....and to think we've got 3 more years of this coming to us here  in London? 

And although it may be the least of your worries but even I can catch a ball thats kicked to me ......... what was your returner doing???
The true blue fans know what you are talking about. We've been in this rut for 5, rellay 6 years now. Last playoff appearance and win was in 2007, an 11-5 regular season and a win over Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Glad you got to see one. Hopefully by the end of the four years committed there you can see a successful Jags team. To be honest, I think there will be, and the signs point to yes.
Quote:The true blue fans know what you are talking about. We've been in this rut for 5, rellay 6 years now. Last playoff appearance and win was in 2007, an 11-5 regular season and a win over Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Glad you got to see one. Hopefully by the end of the four years committed there you can see a successful Jags team. To be honest, I think there will be, and the signs point to yes.

Well on the plus side we got to see the 49'ers play ....... to be honest, if I was a Jags season ticket holder, I'd be quite annoyed that youve just lost an extra game now for the next 4 years, especially when its quality teams like the 49'ers.

Theres lots of talk over here (UK) in the press about the Jags moving over to London, but the owner denies this (but then he obviously would).

I do wonder though, considering it was 1 game last year in the UK, this year 2 games ...... next year there are 3 games in London, if the NFL arent setting something up for a London based franchise, to cater for the 'European' fans, as a London based team would also attract fans from other European countries.
Oh and one other important point.

I can't believe we got THE Ed Hochuli to ref the game ............. for years Ive been watching the game and he's the only officials name I know, and he was reffing the game last night. That was almost as cool as seeing the players themselves.

Or maybe its just me who like the Edster???
Quote:Well on the plus side we got to see the 49'ers play ....... to be honest, if I was a Jags season ticket holder, I'd be quite annoyed that youve just lost an extra game now for the next 4 years, especially when its quality teams like the 49'ers.

You saw the game. Is it *really* a hardship to give up one of those? Tongue

That said, I'll be there for the next one. Tongue
Dave welcome to our life, Jaguar football find joy in the little things

Fortunately Ed, you only have to endure one of these beatdowns a year, and by next year when we have Teddy, it won't be like that anymore. Besides you got to see the Niners, and got to see that annoying Kapernick kiss his biceps, can't front on that.

Pages: 1 2 3