Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: An article made for Mr. Khan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Figured I would share this since this is pretty much written for Jacksonville obviously.  Hopefully we can find a good GM and coach.   An interesting article though and thought I would share

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...the-inside

Aside from the fact that i dont think dave has done a good job, I just think the interview and hiring process for a new GM will be pretty interesting. What kind of GM they are, where theyre from, and how that will influence the coach that follows will be intriguing to watch.
You guys are so funny!

You need to accept that if Gussy gets 4 years of this garbage then Dave is getting at least 3 or 4 coaches, maybe more.

Hopefully in about four weeks he cleans up and starts looking for proven general managers and coaches. I don't care if he brings in an ancient Bill Polian or Charlie Casserly. This team desperately needs a man in the front office that knows how to build a winning franchise. I'd like to see him pursue even a guy like Peyton Manning to come in like Elway did for Denver in a similar role. You bring in one of the greatest minds to ever play the QB position that's been on winning teams and superbowl caliber rosters year in and year out and I am pretty sure he should be patient enough and intelligent enough to see what this team needs to improve. We just need to see something, someone, anyone that isn't completely new or oblivious to their jobs. 

Quote:You guys are so funny!

You need to accept that if Gussy gets 4 years of this garbage then Dave is getting at least 3 or 4 coaches, maybe more.

3 or 4? That's a bit of hyperbole.

But it's clear that Dave will get one more shot to find the right coach.

I think if the next coach fails, Caldwell will be out with him.

This makes the decision on how to handle the competition at qb that much more important this off-season.
"The consensus reason potential head coaches are not hired is the staff," Casserly said. "I always tell candidates -- your staff is going to get you fired! As a general manager doing the interview, you don't only have to know who your candidates are, you have to know every single assistant in the league.

I want to know how the hell Gus Bradley passed that part of the interview? 

I don't understand how this article was directed at Mr. Khan. When he hired Caldwell he did his homework almost identical to the process to which the article was written. Damn near identical. As for the clamoring to fire him, the ones that's doing so simply doesn't know the process. First off Caldwell has infused our team w/some serious talent. No GM will hit on every pick whether it's through the NFL Draft, UDFA or FA. All GMs has missed on players and they always will. Second, you don't bring in a GM and consider firing him within a Four year span. Most GMs go through at least three coaches unless he has put the establishment in financial strain. So again, I don't understand why this was projected at the owner. Caldwell will remain and it's his decision if Bradley will remain HC...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...
Quote:3 or 4? That's a bit of hyperbole.

But it's clear that Dave will get one more shot to find the right coach.

I think if the next coach fails, Caldwell will be out with him.

This makes the decision on how to handle the competition at qb that much more important this off-season.

I don't do hyperbole.  :mellow:
You missed the part that it was also used by the Jets to hire Idzik and the Browns with their current mess. And as NH said, a lot of the things they talked about in the article the Jags and Khan already did.

People

Quote:Figured I would share this since this is pretty much written for Jacksonville obviously.  Hopefully we can find a good GM and coach.   An interesting article though and thought I would share

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...the-inside
Quote:You missed the part that it was also used by the Jets to hire Idzik and the Browns with their current mess. And as NH said, a lot of the things they talked about in the article the Jags and Khan already did.

People
Yes, I oviously neglected to mention that the article "was written for Jacksonville."

NH3...