Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I hope this game silences all the "winning moralists" out there...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hope this game silences all of you "we root for the Jags to win no matter what" moralists out there.  And at this point, if you still want the Jags to win a single game, you need to get your head check.  To save me from having my Sunday headache from watching this train wreck of a team, I wish there was a way to forfeit the rest of the season already.

And for the love of everything that is football, please WIN a game, Tampa Bay!

Whats a win?
Ask Dakota.

It's because of the Dakota philosphy that the Jags are in the shape we're in.  Meanwhile, the Colts are sitting pretty and are set for the next 10-15 years with their franchise QB. 

If only we had lost that game...

Quote:It's because of the Dakota philosphy that the Jags are in the shape we're in.  Meanwhile, the Colts are sitting pretty and are set for the next 10-15 years with their franchise QB. 

If we lost that game, we still would have been 4-12 and we wouldnt have had the 1st pick

Quote:If we lost that game, we still would have been 4-12 and we wouldnt have had the 1st pick
How do figure that?  We lose an extra game but end up with the same record?
Quote:How do figure that?  We lose an extra game but end up with the same record?
Because we were 5-11 and the Rams were 2-14 as were the colts. The Colts more than likely would have just taken RG3 and I bet the Rams would have taken Luck instead of trading with the Redskins.
Quote:Because we were 5-11 and the Rams were 2-14 as were the colts. The Colts more than likely would have just taken RG3 and I bet the Rams would have taken Luck instead of trading with the Redskins.
Exactly - and look at the difference between the Redskins and Colts.....

Which team would you rather be playing against???
Quote:It's because of the Dakota philosphy that the Jags are in the shape we're in.  Meanwhile, the Colts are sitting pretty and are set for the next 10-15 years with their franchise QB. 

Gene thought we had our Franchise QB in Glaine Babbert.   He was the one standing on the sideline today in London holding the clipboard.
Quote:Exactly - and look at the difference between the Redskins and Colts.....

Which team would you rather be playing against???
You were saying we would have had luck when that wasn't the case.. don't change the subject. We would still suck either way. 
Quote:You were saying we would have had luck when that wasn't the case.. don't change the subject. We would still suck either way. 
and even if we get teddy we will still have the same problems. if you listened to the game today you heard them say that the 49s OL had 3 first round picks on it. that is how you build a team.
There's many ways to build a team.

How about we just DEVELOP THE GUYS we already have? 

If all of our high picks improve and play better each year, we will have a good team.

If the Jags lost that game, St. Louis would have taken Luck, Indy would get RG3, the Jags would have taken Blackmon without trading a 4th rounf pick, and could have waited an extra round to take Anger. Maybe the Jags take Wilson.

Maybe, the Jags coaching was/is so bad that Wilson would never amount to anything in that scenario.

Quote:You were saying we would have had luck when that wasn't the case.. don't change the subject. We would still suck either way. 
No - not that we would have gotten Luck, but the Colts wouldn't...
Quote:Gene thought we had our Franchise QB in Glaine Babbert.   He was the one standing on the sideline today in London holding the clipboard.
Exactly - we gave up draft picks to move UP in the draft to get a QB.
Quote:No - not that we would have gotten Luck, but the Colts wouldn't...

And there's no way to know that. This whole hypothetical if we lost that game argument is pointless.
Quote:And there's no way to know that. This whole hypothetical if we lost that game argument is pointless.
At a minimum, we improve our draft position and don't have to give up a 4th rounder for Blackmon. 

The whole point is that winning meaningless games at the end of the season is NOT a good strategy.
Prepare yourselves for "You bibbers are just a bunch of losers who get no joy in winning and are not real Jaguars fans."

Meanwhile, back in reality, beating the Ravens back in 2011 was fun, but in the end meaningless too, as was the blowout win over the Bucs.

Looking back, the only win I would not have traded in in 2011 was the win over Tennessee.

Maybe this is the "optimist" in me, but I don't see too much danger in winning this year.

A couple of hypotheticals:

1)  Belicheck and Brady, both getting up in years, grow increasingly desperate for a WR to help them get their one last ring.  Before Tuesday's trade deadline, they offer a 1 and a 2 for Blackmon.  Do you take the deal?

2)  Instead of trading for Blackmon, they trade a 2 for Josh Gordon, giving the Browns 2 1sts and 2 2nds.  Next May, Cleveland offers both 1sts and a 2 to move up.  Do you take the deal?

Would your answer to either change if you knew somehow the Jaguars would somehow cobble together enough wins to not pick first overall?

Losers gotta lose.
Pages: 1 2