Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: World Series Baseball !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Big Papi is going to go down as one of the most clutch post season batters of the current era.  

Funny how a few of the talking heads were already hanging his cleats up 2 years ago.  

I can't believe St. Louis blew that opportunity with bases loaded and no outs.

Quote:I can't believe St. Louis blew that opportunity with bases loaded and no outs.
That was a waste. They've taken advantage of their latest opportunity though.  

Tazawa's high heat looks pretty deadly right now. 
That's gonna leave a mark on Victorino tomorrow.

Wow. Pretty good game going on.  They walk on the go-ahead run to load 'em up!

Quote:Wow. Pretty good game going on.  They walk on the go-ahead run to load 'em up!

Worth the risk considering who it was.
No pressure, Rosenthal, no pressure.

This is what I hate about Boston.  They seem to catch the stupidest breaks.  Granted, they manufacture a lot of their own because they are probably the best clutch team in baseball, but sometimes...

Ooo. He tied up Salty with that high inside heater. 

dat ending

It was the right call.  It'll be tough to swallow for Boston, but it was correct.

Yep.  Weird ending - but it's probably the right call.   Ugly finish to a game though.  

Terrible way to end an overall awesome game 3. Red Sox need to limit their mistakes. Enjoy the win Cards fans, but you may not be as fortunate in the next few games.

Quote:Yep. Weird ending - but it's probably the right call. Ugly finish to a game though.

Intention is irrelevant with obstruction calls. It was the correct call.

But just when we thought we had seen every possible ending to a baseball game...
Somebody once told me that every time you watch a baseball game you'll see something different that you've never seen before...

Works from T-Ball on up for me...

Wrong place, wrong time.

If you told me in September that Koji Uehara would have 6 postseason saves this year  -  I'd have laughed in your face. 

But there he is... with his 87 mph fastball and decent pick off move just plain ole "gettin' it done."   

Let me preface this by stating that I am a Pirates fan. For the past 20 years I have pretty much quit paying attention to the MLB at or before the All Star break. This year was awesome.

I think one thing that is killing the MLB right now is the timing of their playoffs/World Series. Playing in the heart of football season is no beuno for them.

I also hate when they are playing the championship series and you get one game started at 2:00. You are vastly limiting the number of eyes that will see one of the best products of the season. I don't get it.

Game 5 !!  

(Ortiz still rock solid in the postseason....)

Quote:Intention is irrelevant with obstruction calls. It was the correct call.

But just when we thought we had seen every possible ending to a baseball game...
Technically yes the correct call was made. But a couple of things came to my mind in a situation like this.

1. The defender has to get up at some point during the play.

2. (Random not related to this series) What if a defender is injured in the process of the obstruction? 

3. The runner has to assume responsibility of where the defender is to make a reasonable attempt to avoid being obstructed from getting to the next base.

Also the runner pushed Middlebrooks down.
Pages: 1 2 3