Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***OFFICIAL Jaguars Vs. 49ers In London Game Day Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Jaguars play the 5-2 San Francisco 49ers in London as the Jags seek their first win in their eighth regular season game in 2013. Kickoff at Wembley Stadium is at 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time, 5:05PM local London time. No injuries, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!
Jaguars play the 5-2 San Francisco 49ers in London as the Jags seek their first win in their eighth regular season game in 2013. Kickoff at Wembley Stadium is at 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time, 5:05PM local London time. No injuries, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!
Quote:Jaguars play the 5-2 San Francisco 49ers in London as the Jags seek their first win in their eighth regular season game in 2013. Kickoff at Wembley Stadium is at 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time, 5:05PM local London time. No injuries, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!

Weather could be the # 1 theme in London tomorrow:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ndon-game/
Quote:Weather could be the # 1 theme in London tomorrow:

I know the Jags will have a tough time with Gore  -  I just hope they can get MJD/Todman/D-Rob going enough to counter the niners ground game.  
There are 2 threads though

I'm not entirely sure

which is official

Quote:I know the Jags will have a tough time with Gore  -  I just hope they can get MJD/Todman/D-Rob going enough to counter the niners ground game.  

Frank Gore has given many teams problems over the years.     With the excellent Offensive Line the 49ers have built and the dual threat of QB Colin Kaepernick,     the Jaguars Defense is going to have to bring their ' A'  game in order to limit the damage of the 49ers ground attack.      It's a great test to see where the Jaguars Defensive unit is at the middle of the first season with Gus Bradley at the helm.

The fact that the 49ers have a strong run Defense on top of a strong running game makes this quite a challenge for the Jaguars on both sides of the ball.

I'll be very surprised if the Jaguars can pull off an upset tomorrow,   even if the weather is horrific.   However,    with the 2nd half of the season schedule looking more promising on paper,     the Jaguars should have some realistic opportunities to win games if the young players with promise stay relatively healthy and make the expected improvements as a result of more experience.     
Quote:Weather could be the # 1 theme in London tomorrow:

That forecast has changed quite a bit, BTW.  They are calling for 52-58<sup>o</sup> F  - a chance of rain  - and 12-18 mph winds on BBC.    So - football weather, basically. 
Lets hope Chad keeps running that read option that has been working so well.

Quote:That forecast has changed quite a bit, BTW.  They are calling for 52-58<sup>o</sup> F  - a chance of rain  - and 12-18 mph winds on BBC.    So - football weather, basically. 

That is quite a difference.   

While I'm totally against NFL games being played in London,   being that the game is scheduled,    I hope those that do attend have good weather conditions to watch the game.    Not to mention,   good field conditions for the players,  in order to lessen the chances of injuries.  
Quote: 

The fact that the 49ers have a strong run Defense on top of a strong running game makes this quite a challenge for the Jaguars on both sides of the ball.

Well they are giving up an average of 107 yards per game on the ground.  That's 18th in the league.  So "strong" might be a eh-hmmm, strong word.  Wink

Seriously - I think the jags have a shot at getting over 100 on the ground in this one if they don't fall massively behind in the 1st quarter. 

Quote:That is quite a difference.   

While I'm totally against NFL games being played in London,   being that the game is scheduled,    I hope those that do attend have good weather conditions to watch the game.    Not to mention,   good field conditions for the players,  in order to lessen the chances of injuries.  
Yes. That makes sense.

Here is a "Wembley specific" forecast.  Looks like it may be a bit windier early on in the game. (23-32 mph winds) - and then taper off as the game goes on.   (5pm local start time in London)

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/footba...er/GB.aspx
Quote:Yes. That makes sense.

Here is a "Wembley specific" forecast.  Looks like it may be a bit windier early on in the game. (23-32 mph winds) - and then taper off as the game goes on.   (5pm local start time in London)

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/footba...er/GB.aspx

The good news is at least rain shouldn't be a significant factor.     

The wind early on in the game could make this quite a challenge for the QB's and for their targets down the field.      
28-14 49ers

28-3 Jaguars

24 - 17 niners
Quote:There are 2 threads though

I'm not entirely sure

which is official
***look for the stars***
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> Wallbash Long bombs down the middle?

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> :pirate: The defence?

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> :woot: 5 Interceptions?  Ninja

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> :thanks:

Actually kickoff is at 6:05 local time. We are five hours behind London.

As long as there is no rain, high wind, or lightning (which often go together), I am not worried about the weather. Injuries are always a bigger problem.

I hate the fact this is not a real home game. If it was, there really would be a homefield advantage (49ers flying east for a 1:00 game). But because we also had to fly east, I feel like this is a home game in name only, solely for the purpose of deciding who calls the coin toss and wears white jerseys.

Quote:Actually kickoff is at 6:05 local time. We are five hours behind London.

As long as there is no rain, high wind, or 
I'm pretty sure its 4 hours later over there, JW.  This link shows the current time in different cities: 

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

There is strong wind forecasted early in the game and heavy rain expected late in the game. 

44 - 11 JAGS WIN

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29