Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Playoff scenarios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It is that time of year again. The Cowboys can clinch a playoff spot with a win and some help on Sunday. More to come after that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...yoff-berth

Cool
yeah...cool

I really don't care who gets into the playoffs, or who wins the superbowl..

If it ain't the Jags I don't care.

I still watch and enjoy though.

I don't care about all 12 spots, but it gives me four more weeks of football to watch.

In the end i hope its Dal/NY vs NE/Oak

NE/NY round 3 would be amazing. They always play a good game and the historical factor would make it that much more fun.

Dallas/NE is the two biggest franchises in the league.

Dallas/Oakland would be cool, the two rising start QBs and teams of the future.

NY/Oak is probably my least favorite cause it lacks context but still a good game.
Quote:I don't care about all 12 spots, but it gives me four more weeks of football to watch.

Which is basically what I said.
New York in the Super Bowl? Get out of here LOL. The Giants are way behind Dallas in the NFCE.

Quote:New York in the Super Bowl? Get out of here LOL. The Giants are way behind Dallas in the NFCE.

Yeah, because it would be impossible for the Giants to not have homefield advantage throughout and win three straight games to advance to the Super Bowl. That's *never* happened
Samus, I was just saying it makes no sense to think the Giants should play in the Super Bowl if you also picked Dallas.

Quote:New York in the Super Bowl? Get out of here LOL. The Giants are way behind Dallas in the NFCE.
The cowboys are 10-1 and the giants are second at 8-3, Dallas one loss is to the Giants in week one so im not sure where youre getting this way behind thing from.
Glock, I would love to see the Giants win the NFCE, but realistically, don't see it happening after watching both teams play.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Playoffs..........playoffs................playoffs..............are you kidding me?       Playoffs?

I am not kidding. There is nothing wrong with thinking about which 12 teams will clinch playoff spots this year.

Quote:Yeah, because it would be impossible for the Giants to not have homefield advantage throughout and win three straight games to advance to the Super Bowl. That's *never* happened

Yup.

MJF, to clarify this:

NY is in prime position to make the playoffs. They still have a chance to win the NFCE. However, they will most likely be a wildcard.

The NYG have won the SB as a widcard team. I know that you remember when NY won the NFCCG at Green Bay to advance to the Superbowl.

It is likely that Dallas and NYG will make the playoffs. There is no guarantee that Dallas will advance to the Superbowl just because they are a higher seed than everyone else. Likewise, it is not guaranteed that the NYG will lose in the playoffs just because they are a wildcard.

Personally, if Dallas and NYG were to somehow face each other in the playoffs, I'd pick the Giants to win based solely on Eli Manning's experience in that situation over the rookie QB. But, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Quote:[Image: giphy.gif]

Lol
Um, don't you think Dak Prescott is one of the biggest reasons Dallas won 10 straight games? Another one is the rookie RB. Age and experience alone do not favor the Giants in a playoff rematch.

Ugh, I don't want to be reminded of Brett Favre's playoff killing overtime interception.

The NFC is a mess. Right now it is anyone's guess if the Giants should be a wild card team.

No team stands out as a truly great NFL team at this time.   Most teams that end up making the 2016 season playoffs will have a realistic chance of not only going to the Super Bowl but winning in.  The eventual  winner of the AFC South probably will be an exception to this.

For sure D6. Only the most ignorant and biased Texans fans can believe Houston will be the first Super Bowl city to host its own team.

One thing is certain: the best division is in the AFC.

Pages: 1 2 3