Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Departing for London in a few hours...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And I'm scared to death of this flight. It's my first time flying and I can already predict a panic attack in the near future. Any words of encouragement to help me through this?
Jack Daniels
Quote:Jack Daniels
very wise words
Xanax

Jack Daniels and Xanax

Quote:Jack Daniels and Xanax

That's be the only way to be more likely to die on the plane than the trip to the airport.

You really don't need to worry; the odds are in your favor by a long shot.
Quote:Jack Daniels
Bad idea, flight staff have the right to refuse boarding to any passenger who appears to be drunk. And you can't get drunk on the plane without declaring bankruptcy.
A few drinks will help calm the nerves.

Are you flying first class?  They are free there you know....

Quote:Bad idea, flight staff have the right to refuse boarding to any passenger who appears to be drunk. And you can't get drunk on the plane without declaring bankruptcy.

Who said he had to get drunk before he boards and who says he can't afford to drink on the plane?   Perhaps we should rename London to Conclusion, have him climb on your back and jump there.
Quote:Who said he had to get drunk before he boards and who says he can't afford to drink on the plane?   Perhaps we should rename London to Conclusion, have him climb on your back and jump there.
It's an exaggeration for humorous effect, also known as a hyperbole. Please try to keep up, dear boy.
Quote:It's an exaggeration for humorous effect, also known as a hyperbole. Please try to keep up, dear boy.

Mmmmmhmmmmm
Quote:That's be the only way to be more likely to die on the plane than the trip to the airport.

Well, at least you wouldn't be freaking out about dying in a plane crash ... Which was the desired goal. Smile

It's kind of like during the course of throwing up,  and then your wife is trying to get you to aim away from things she will have to clean, or ruined..."Arrruugghh Sick  I don't care about my shoes Sick  bluuuckkk arghh"

No wait, that was last week. NVM.
Quote:And I'm scared to death of this flight. It's my first time flying and I can already predict a panic attack in the near future. Any words of encouragement to help me through this?

1-Alcohol or xanax before the flight is good to help calm your nerves

2- Make sure you don't hyperventilate; If you feel a panic attack coming on, slow your breathing and breathe in more co2 (paper bag, or if you dont have that use the inside of your shirt)

3- Stay occupied with movies or a magazine

4- Remember even if a panic attack hits once or more times, you cannot die from a panic attack. usually the cause of panic attacks is the fear of panic attacks

I really hope this helps, I suffered severe panic attacks for little to no reason a few years back. If you want any extra advice, let me know because panic attacks are no joke
As a young GI making several trips to Germany I found sleep, sleep and more sleep worked like a charm.

How bout ya stop being a sissy and quit worrying about it. 

One a serious note hope you have a safe trip. 

Quote:Xanax

Quote:I really hope this helps, I suffered severe panic attacks for little to no reason a few years back. If you want any extra advice, let me know because panic attacks are no joke

I wasn't just flipping a coin. Tongue

Just remember your seat operates as a floating device in the middle of the ocean so you have nothing to fear.

Quote:Just remember your seat operates as a floating device in the middle of the ocean so you have nothing to fear.
Yeah, just remember to stash a couple bags of those free peanuts, you might get a little hungry out there.