Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How much do Henne and Gabbert have to do to keep playing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pondering.

Do they have to throw touchdown passes? No. Because they don't throw touchdown passes, and we still run them out there.

Do they have to limit interceptions? No. They throw plenty.

Do they have to win? No. Obviously not.

Do they have to help the team improve? I'd actually say the team looks worse and worse as the year goes on.

Maybe...just maybe....they tell these two to go out and LOSE. No wait....they wouldn't need instructions for that.

I don't understand what exactly they have to do to keep being the #1 and #2 starters for this franchise.

What I do know, is that when those British people see what kind of QB's start in the NFL, they'll realize America is becoming weak, and probably invade our country.

And no pun intended on the "pondering" as neither of them even deserve to be mentioned with Christian Ponder.

Quote: 

What I do know, is that when those British people see what kind of QB's start in the NFL, they'll realize America is becoming weak, and probably invade our country.

That's a good line.  
Breathe.

Well Mr.Khan is paying them, and they are our QB's,  so I guess that means they keep playing.

Any other suggestions? Want to ruin a young 3rd stringer and destroy his potential career behind this line?

Henne and Gabbert are cannon fodder at this point.

They are the QBs until Teddy comes here next year.
Quote:Well Mr.Khan is paying them, and they are our QB's,  so I guess that means they keep playing.

Any other suggestions? Want to ruin a young 3rd stringer and destroy his potential career behind this line?

Henne and Gabbert are cannon fodder at this point.
Sitting the other QB's behind these two losers kills their potential. Because nobody will pick anyone up who was 3rd string to these guys. They'll say, "Wow he must have REALLY been bad."
The fact that Stanzi can't get ahead of the likes of Quinn, Cassel, Gabbert, Henne etc..

Does that not tell you something?

Quote: 

That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Kudos.
Quote:I

I can hear the Chinese yelling,"Hey, all that stuff belongs to us!"
If stanzi was that much better he would be playing now. He isn't end of story.
It's basically a foregone conclusion at this point that Gabbert won't be invited back, what with the starting job being handed to Henne despite Gabbert's return to health. Unless Henne blows it up in the second half of the season, he'll be gone too. What good is 300 yards per game if you throw a couple picks to go along with the yardage?

Stanzi is a developmental guy. If he had mastered the playbook and was clearly better than Gabbert or Henne, he'd be playing.

Henne and Gabbert are just dead money on the cap.

We're going to have at least $20-30 M in dead money next year when the get rid of all the bad contracts Gene Smith gave to Mincey, Lewis, Poz, etc.

Why do i feel like this thread is agenda driven?
Quote:I'm pondering.

Do they have to throw touchdown passes? No. Because they don't throw touchdown passes, and we still run them out there.

Do they have to limit interceptions? No. They throw plenty.

Do they have to win? No. Obviously not.

Do they have to help the team improve? I'd actually say the team looks worse and worse as the year goes on.

Maybe...just maybe....they tell these two to go out and LOSE. No wait....they wouldn't need instructions for that.

I don't understand what exactly they have to do to keep being the #1 and #2 starters for this franchise.

Right on all counts.

Also an interesting stat for the season: 3 TD passes, 12 INTs. Only 1 TD pass came before garbage time and that was Gabbert's 70 yarder to Blackmon. Other than that it's been utterly abysmal.

I'm sure they'll put Stanzi in at some point to try to get an idea of his level, but the team seems resigned to losing out at this point.