Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Austin Pasztor had the #2 overall Tackle grade on PFF for 2 weeks in a row.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is he the real deal?

He looks like it. Maybe Caldwell knew what he had in Pasztor when he dealt Monroe....nah, that couldn't be.

Perhaps he is. I certainly hope so.

4th overall pick in the draft last year with the second overall pick in the draft this year playing together next year?

Quote:He looks like it. Maybe Caldwell knew what he had in Pasztor when he dealt Monroe....nah, that couldn't be.

If he did, wouldn't have it been his idea to trade him? Let's not change history.

We really need a few surprises this year to carry over to the next. Hopefully he is one.
If Caldwell knew pasztor had serious talent and made this move accordingly, Then I give him major credit.

With that said though, He is gambling with low odds of it working out. PFF isn't the official source of who is "good" nor is it a proper measuring stick of effectiveness. It's merely a tool that uses stats and compares it with others in the same category.

Also, It's only been two games. Lets give him more games before we crown him as our next pro RT. However, Good start for him and we do need surprises like this for next year.

FRANCHISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Quote:4th overall pick in the draft last year with the second overall pick in the draft this year playing together next year?

Huh?
Quote:If Caldwell knew pasztor had serious talent and made this move accordingly, Then I give him major credit.

With that said though, He is gambling with low odds of it working out. PFF isn't the official source of who is "good" nor is it a proper measuring stick of effectiveness. It's merely a tool that uses stats and compares it with others in the same category.

Also, It's only been two games. Lets give him more games before we crown him as our next pro RT. However, Good start for him and we do need surprises like this for next year.

If PFF had him as the worst tackle, the tools they use would be the gospel around here.
If Caldwell was smart, he would trade Pasztor

I've been high on Pazstor since before it was the cool thing to do, but let's not get ahead of ourselves now.  He's played himself into a shot at starting next season, but he hasn't exactly been Leon Searcy.  I really want them to elevate Nowak and give him a shot at LG.  I know he was playing RG, but I hope they have worked him in some at LG during practice since the season began.

I hope he's the real deal, it's hard to tell how good or bad the tackles are playing with the center caving in presnap every play.

If he keeps it up I wonder what kind of deal he gets at the end of the year?

Pasztor will be an "Exclusive Rights" free agent. So he will be back next year at a minimum salary.

Quote:Huh?

CFL 4th overall pick :turned:

Quote:If he did, wouldn't have it been his idea to trade him? Let's not change history.

We really need a few surprises this year to carry over to the next. Hopefully he is one.

Agreed...I like his play even though he has Lumber Feet...

NH3...
The dude is mountainous.

Do we have a link?

Either way, I haven't seen the second best OL out there. He's better than expected, but he's far from good.

Does not really matter because Monroe was nothing special.  He was one of those overrated players on the message board.

just had a quick skim of the gamepass focusing on henne's sacks and patzor looks rather neat in pass protection drops back well and handles his man pretty perfectly.

The only pressure I could attribute to him was the first play of the game on the fake end around however his assignment was a bit wierd. 91 gets pressure and he pushes him off onto the blocker too his right who whiffs the block and gives up the pressure however patzor was looking like he was due to the block a guy in front, not sure bit wierd.

That being said san diego and a denver without von miller are hardly known for this pass rush. I'm still waiting for him to face up against jj watt before gaining a true evaluation. I am certain he won't shut him down but any sort of control over that beast would be a good sign. Our main issues are at guard and centre to me so I'd like to see us give patzor more of a shot and replace rackley and meester primarily

Pages: 1 2