Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 8: 49ers in London
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Although it is officially called a "home" game for us, our meeting with the 49ers does not look good at all. However, it is still important to remember they are struggling and it may not be as bad as everyone expected before the season began. We are definitely not in tank mode and will try hard to win. Remember the Broncos game? That was no fluke - we really are better than everyone gives us credit for. Of course, I am not an idiot and do expect to lose. But I am confident this will not be as ugly as it would be with Michael Crabtree (torn Achilles tendon) and Aldon Smith (treatment for alcoholism) on San Francisco's active roster - especially if Chad Henne starts again.

I know what you all are thinking: I am too optimistic about the next game. But you know what? Real Jaguars fans should have more faith than you guys do. If we were really in tank mode, David Caldwell would have traded MJD, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, Sen'Derrick Marks, Josh Scobee, Bryan Anger, and Paul Posluszny.

Another 5 star thread JW.

We're not winning this game...Gabbert may be starting again. I just hope we're within 28 pts of the 49ers. You have to watch this season like it's a 16 game preseason. Look forward to the draft, and get excited for the new team and FA's.

We'll have our franchise QB in tow.
Chad Henne started again last week, and we scored six points off two field goals. Don't expect this to be a good thing. Then again, Blaine Gabbert coming back off an injury probably won't be quite on form yet, so we can expect him to be playing slightly worse than he was before he went out. Good job you can't score much less than 6 points. Tongue

Quote:We're not winning this game. Gabbert may be starting again. I just hope we're within 28 pts of the 49ers. You have to watch this season like it's a 16 game preseason. Look forward to the draft, and get excited for the new team and FAs.

We'll have our franchise QB in tow.

I hope it is less than 14 points. After losing by only 16 in Denver, we just might be able to do it. (Yes, I know that is very unlikely to happen.)

When will we find out who starts Sunday?

I ma not thinking of it as a 16-game preseason. I am thinking of it as what it is - Year 1 of the Caldwell/Bradley era.
I hope Gabbert starts against that defense on an international stage.  This could be epic

Quote:I hope Gabbert starts against that defense on an international stage.  This could be epic

Why?: