Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where is the best place to play bball in jacksonville?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the lot of you most likely ride by courts all the time even if you don't play yourself, any ones in particular that are busy most days?

I called up that gym that's right on emerson street, I believe it's a skating rink now? Anyway.. I asked them how much for a day or evening pass to use the courts and they said 50$ an hour

like wut...

I know they play tuesday and thursday nights at fruit cove baptist, it'd be nice if there were others places like that around that I don't know about.

Quote:I know the lot of you most likely ride by courts all the time even if you don't play yourself, any ones in particular that are busy most days?

I called up that gym that's right on emerson street, I believe it's a skating rink now? Anyway.. I asked them how much for a day or evening pass to use the courts and they said 50$ an hour

like wut...

I know they play tuesday and thursday nights at fruit cove baptist, it'd be nice if there were others places like that around that I don't know about.

The courts at the Dunes park on Monument road are always pretty full. There's some guys who play at Jarboe in Neptune Beach and South Beach Parkway park a few nights a week too.

Bruce park
I play above the rim all day erry day
The YMCA's around town are probably your best bet to find competitive games and leagues.   The good thing is that there is only a monthly fee (~ $40 for individual) and you can go to any Y nationwide that you want.  The level of competition is kind of consistent with the town the Y is in so if you want more or less competition, you can just drive over to any other Y that you think is best.

I grew up in a time of hooping on the playgrounds but apparently that's not even an option anymore unless you want to hang out by yourself and work on you jump shot and free throws.  The last good playground ball that I remember was going against the kids from Fletcher HS back in 1993 after they lost the State Championship game.

Quote:I play above the rim all day erry day

I believe you.  You don't get much better basketball nationwide then you do in Wexford, Ireland.
Quote:I believe you. You don't get much better basketball nationwide then you do in Wexford, Ireland.

Birth place of the jump shot and the dunk.
Sabal Palm and dunk on some fools!

There are courts on huffman road off beach blvd that are usually busy

Quote:Birth place of the jump shot and the dunk.

1 jump shot and 1 dunk ..... then everyone's like  .... this is boring .... let's head back into the Pub

[Image: ONeills.jpg]
Quote:1 jump shot and 1 dunk ..... then everyone's like .... this is boring .... let's head back into the Pub

[Image: ONeills.jpg]
Too much of that table showing for my liking.
Apparently the best place to play bball is down the cereal aisle at Publix..
Playing pickup games at the playground(s) is one of the HUGE things I had to adjust to about getting old.  I haven't been able to play in a good 25 years.  Used to run with the boys at Alverthorpe Park and Roychester Park (outside of Philly).  Always lots of college players hanging around.  I was one of maybe the 20% of white boys that played (but still always got picked early  Smile ).  Loved playing at the playgrounds because I could always play with a bit of a flair that the coaches would never let me do in high school or college. I used to play easily three or four nights a week until my mid-30's.  Ahhhh...the good ole days.  Makes me puke thinking about how long ago that was.  Hell, come to think of it, I'd probably puke if I tried to run the courts the way I used to.   :yes: