Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Call of Duty: Ghosts vs Battlefield 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I must admit I've been a CoD fan since its start up but lately its been pretty redundant. New maps same gameplay. Lately a friend has been trying to talk me into switching to "the dark side", Battlefield. After seeing previews of each Battlefield sure looks more tempting....

What say you?
From someone that isn't a big shooter fan, I'd say that Battlefield is the one that is more impressive and intriguing to me. A "pet" dog and fish that move aren't terribly interesting, while the ability to collapse entire skyscrapers and change the pace of a battle actually sounds interesting.

The whole "modern war" thing is played out imo.  I mean it was cool when BF was doing it, and it wasn't that bad when CoD came out and did theirs the 1st time.  You get the same boring locations, with the same boring weapons, and the same boring game modes.  Bring on Battlefield 2143 DICE, they're already talking about BF5 -_-

Neither. Both are juvenile games for sad power fantasists.

Not a sad power fantasist here, just a guy that enjoys first person shooters.

BF4.
I usually get both. Was a big cod fan as well. But recently decided to go bf4. Cod has gotten way too boring, it's always the same. Getting bf4 and may not even get ghosts. I feel I fell for it too many times with cod.

Oh , also it seems like the cod players are all 6 year old kids with foul mouths that want to trash talk all the time
Battlefield 4. Don't care about COD. 

I've been a Battlefield guy for the last two, but I'll probably make the switch to CoD this time around.

Actually, I might not even get either one. Don't really have the time anymore. :/

FPS games have become so damn repetitive its ridiculous. Can't even remember the last one I played that made me impressed in the slightest. I guess that's what happens when you put a new game out every single year, ala Madden and their horrible redundancy.

Quote:FPS games have become so damn repetitive its ridiculous. Can't even remember the last one I played that made me impressed in the slightest. I guess that's what happens when you put a new game out every single year, ala Madden and their horrible redundancy.
Go here, do the thing! No you can't move unless you do the thing. What's taking you so long? Here's a giant bloody arrow pointing to the thing you need to do. DO IT!
Quote:Go here, do the thing! No you can't move unless you do the thing. What's taking you so long? Here's a giant bloody arrow pointing to the thing you need to do. DO IT!

So wait... Do I go there? Because I kinda want to go through that building over there and look around some.
Quote:So wait... Do I go there? Because I kinda want to go through that building over there and look around some.
Well you can't! You will stick to the exact path we have in mind for you and you will watch the scripted events when we let you watch them. If we allow players to go off on their own then no one will want to see the laughable excuse for a plot we have concocted.
Quote:Go here, do the thing! No you can't move unless you do the thing. What's taking you so long? Here's a giant bloody arrow pointing to the thing you need to do. DO IT!
You know, that is an issue that I've had with more than just FPS games lately. RPG games have started doing this and it is really annoying. I used to love getting a mission/quest in a game and halfway through doing it not knowing what the hell else I was supposed to do.

Nowadays, in Skyrim/Any other RPG you walk up to a lady and shes like "I lost my amulet!" and then bam quest starts for "Find Blah's Amulet" and there's an arrow pointing to the cave or dungeon where you gotta go, and once you get there there's an arrow pointing to exactly where it is. Where's the fun in that?

That's like me putting up a Lost Cat sign on a telephone pole and just putting my phone number on it with no description or picture of the cat. Give me some background, some details as to where to go you know, geez. There's just no challenge to games anymore it seems.
Quote:Well you can't! You will stick to the exact path we have in mind for you and you will watch the scripted events when we let you watch them. If we allow players to go off on their own then no one will want to see the laughable excuse for a plot we have concocted.

But that thing looks so cool! I mean, what if there's stuff in there that I can collect?!?! Maybe a new friend, or even another quest. I just wanna go playyyyyyyyyy!
Quote:Not a sad power fantasist here, just a guy that enjoys first person shooters.

BF4.

Yep^. But Battlefield is really one of very few that I like.

Just ordered bf4 last night. Was really putting it and the new consoles off. Just very tired of cod and had a lot of fun with all the tanks,jets and everything else when I threw in bf3 for the first time in over a year and a half.