Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Seattle Thrift Store Finds Pounds of Marijuana in Donation Bin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seattle Thrift Store Finds Pounds of Marijuana in Donation Bin

SEATTLE - The Seattle Police Department released a lighthearted press release on Friday to remind folks that second hand stores can not resell marijuana after a 2.5 pound bag of weed was found in the donation bin of a Northern Seattle thrift store.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/...nation-Bin

Of course the police end up with the weed.... and then somehow it magically disappears in a puff of smoke.. :yes:

Quote:Of course the police end up with the weed.... and then somehow it magically disappears in a puff of smoke.. :yes:

Actually my dad works for a police department and he is an evidence technician.  They incinerate it all.  So yes, in a way it does go up in a puff of smoke.
Quote:Actually my dad works for a police department and he is an evidence technician.  They incinerate it all.  So yes, in a way it does go up in a puff of smoke.

You forget, in Washington State weed is legal........ So maybe it does go up in a puff of smoke, one bong hit at a time :teehee:
Quote:You forget, in Washington State weed is legal........ So maybe it does go up in a puff of smoke, one bong hit at a time :teehee:

Denver too.  I bet the Jags fans that made the road trip there had a good weekend.
What a delightful natural progression of events after legalization. They just wanted to make people less fortunate feel a little happier. If only for a while...

I'm feeling less fortunate today.  Time to make a visit to the Thrift Store.   B)

Quote:I'm feeling less fortunate today.  Time to make a visit to the Thrift Store.   B)

Hey, why not? 

They have things like Popov and Skol. Why not thrift store bud?
Quote:Hey, why not? 

They have things like Popov and Skol. Why not thrift store bud?

aka: green homegrown
Quote:aka: green homegrown

They can do that too...but it's kind of a pain in the tuchus. 
Quote:Denver too.  I bet the Jags fans that made the road trip there had a good weekend.

If you go to a state where weed is legal and enjoy your new found bong freedom but then come back to work in a state where is not legal and get popped for a drug test and now fail...can you then be fired? Wonder how that works....
Quote:Actually my dad works for a police department and he is an evidence technician.  They incinerate it all.  So yes, in a way it does go up in a puff of smoke.

God, your Dad's got the best job, ever. He could probably file a lawsuit for 2nd hand incineration.
Quote:If you go to a state where weed is legal and enjoy your new found bong freedom but then come back to work in a state where is not legal and get popped for a drug test and now fail...can you then be fired? Wonder how that works....

In a word:

Yes. You can still get fired for failing a drug test in any of those places, especially if the company you work for is not based there. You may have a semi-decent chance at a lawsuit though. 
Quote:In a word:

Yes. You can still get fired for failing a drug test in any of those places, especially if the company you work for is not based there. You may have a semi-decent chance at a lawsuit though.

I don't smoke...but I've always wondered how that kind of thing works now that it's legal in some places.
Quote:In a word:

I would say that depends on where you work. If it's directed by federal dictate, which over rule state law, then you don't stand a chance.