Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If this team ever wants to be competitive again, there needs to be some MAJOR changes around here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

What happened to the Jags in the game against the Chargers yesterday was totally inexcusable for a professional football team. There needs to be a huge overhaul around here. Not just the players, but the entire organization as well. Fans come to these games and pay their hard earned money expecting to see a competitive, and exciting game. That has certainly not been the case for the Jaguars this season.

The turnovers, and especially the stupid penalties are literally, killing this team. There are absolutely no signs of discipline seen in any of the players, and much of this blame can be placed on the coaches and more specifically Bradley. I know that this is only his first season, and I also know that we are only 7 games in, but I'm just going to say that I don't expect Bradley to be the HC next season. At best, maybe he can be moved to DC, but that is very unlikely to happen.

I think that Bradley is too "Nice" on this team. We need a HC who can ignite a fire in this team, and most importantly, a coach that can instill discipline and get them to lay it all out there every Sunday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNAqcom3zaY I'm not suggesting that we should go out and hire JJ, but if I was a player on the team, I would be motivated to go out there and give it my all. It reminds me a lot of the Al Pacino speech.

I think that it is too early to judge Caldwell, but he really needs to hit it big on the draft and FA next season if we ever want to be competitive again. And don't even get me started on Shad Khan... This man has no understanding whatsoever on how to run a football organization IMO. 

The Jags need to either draft a franchise QB next season, or do what the Broncos did and sign a blockbuster FA to turn this team around. And maybe while we're at it, we should sign some College HC to lead our team. Either way, this team and this city needs a major culture change.

I strongly disagree. We cannot constantly change coaches, GMs, etc. We cannot have that as an organization. I do think a few pieces need changing with the coaching staff in the offseason. The main one being OC. When this team drafts it's franchise QB next year I think it's best to have a guy with more NFL experience to develop him.

Take a deep breath, improvement is coming. Or not. Either or.

We will see a change at QB next season. There is zero chance Blaine or Chad Henne are leading this team next year. Better QB play will make everything look better. A franchise level QB will make everyone better. A leader, somebody the guys around him can get behind, will make those around him better. This team lacks talent at several spots but I'm comfortable giving Caldwell and Bradley a chance to right the ship. Now is too early to cut ties with either. Next year is their true first season to evaluate what they've done IMO. Their clock starts when Dave finds his QB, which will be this coming offseason.
I admit I didn't read all of your post.

The part about lighting a fire under a player is something I've never understood. They're being paid hundreds of thousands (most of them millions) to play. If that doesn't motivate them, that's a big problem. These are professional athletes. Not 7 year olds. They should have that internal drive and not need a coach to get them ready to play. Is it sometimes needed in certain situations? It is but it shouldn't be often.

Besides all things I've heard is Gus is a guy that has enough energy and emotion to fill any room he enters. He strikes me as a leader and a guy that players are going to play hard for going forward. We shall see if that's the case.
Is this thread from 2012?

I agree. Every game the Jaguars play in that isn't a one-sided Superbowl victory, we should cut all the starters, fire the coaches and GM and move the team to a new city. Ideally we should have the head coach and starting QB executed as well, though I understand there are various weak-willed liberal laws that make this difficult unless we relocate to Texas. This is the only recipe for continued improvement, and I for one will not be renewing my season ticket until such time as this policy is enacted.

On the subject, I was at the game yesterday and I wondered if Bradley has had his "DO YOUR JOB!!!" moment with the Jaguars yet.  He seemed to light into the refs for some blown calls late in the first half (and they deserved it).

But on the subject of organizational stability, I agree wholeheartedly with Scarecrow, though I disagree that a QB, standing alone, will make everything else look better.

This team has too many holes for that to be the case.

Can't part ways with bradly already.. A lot of our problems are coaching related but I consider this growing pains, it's what I expected with a rookie HC GM and Owner
Let's just keep throwing the babies out with the bath water. This debacle is part of the plan. There is no talent on this team. This team is worse than an expansion team because we didn't get extra draft picks.

We don't need an overhaul 7 games into an overhaul.
Florida State would score 85 on the Jaguars. Gus Bradley Should Be Fired

Are we going to have one of these after every game? Did anybody really think something would magically change for this game?
I am afraid the loosing culture is engraved in the players and these players don't know what winning is and what it takes to achieve it(atleast things they can control).  I do like Gus and Dave a lot (They are way better than Mularkey and Gene)  and it is too early to call their heads. If you fire the coaches, we would be organizationally dysfunctional(just like the Browns who may still be paying for Pat Shurmur, Romeo Crennel etc) . Give an opportunity for Gus and Dave to show improvements. One thing Gus as a fan I see can do is be hard on the players which I believe he probably is doing. I see  the tone of Gus after this game, Just call out the players,  embarrass them in the locker room and be hard on them. He may do that already, we just don't know that.

I want Gus and Dave to fix the issue and stay true to their convictions. We do have a competitive groups in patches Secondary (coming along), WR, Offensive Line. We need to improvements on other places. A Pass rush and a QB would change this team very much for good.  I am sure Dave will find both in the draft next year.  You need one game changer on both sides.  First thing is suck to be able to draft Teddy or Mariota and we have a stiff competition within the State.
Quote:I am afraid the loosing culture is engraved in the players and these players don't know what winning is and what it takes to achieve it(atleast things they can control).  I do like Gus and Dave a lot (They are way better than Mularkey and Gene)  and it is too early to call their heads. If you fire the coaches, we would be organizationally dysfunctional(just like the Browns who may still be paying for Pat Shurmur, Romeo Crennel etc) . Give an opportunity for Gus and Dave to show improvements. One thing Gus as a fan I see can do is be hard on the players which I believe he probably is doing. I see  the tone of Gus after this game, Just call out the players,  embarrass them in the locker room and be hard on them. He may do that already, we just don't know that.

I want Gus and Dave to fix the issue and stay true to their convictions. We do have a competitive groups in patches Secondary (coming along), WR, Offensive Line. We need to improvements on other places. A Pass rush and a QB would change this team very much for good.  I am sure Dave will find both in the draft next year.  You need one game changer on both sides.  First thing is suck to be able to draft Teddy or Mariota and we have a stiff competition within the State.

I think they give up already at the first sign of adversity, and then they just go through the motions for the rest of the game (offense and defense). They have no fight left once that other team takes a significant lead, which happens to occur very often.
At this point, I honestly don't care what we do.  I hit my sons lacrosse tourney in palm coast this weekend and it felt good to see good competitive games.

Quite honestly, I'm liking saturdays a lot better than sundays these days.....

it's so funny. what did you guys expect? What's one thing that winning teams have that we don't have? a quarterback. I know without a doubt that if we had even a middle of the pack one we'd be doing much better than what we are doing now. Look at HOUSTON for example and how "good" they are save for the quarterback which is what has lost them games basically. That's a perfect example of a star-studded team with a bad QB. The Chiefs last year? TURRIBLE!!! This year with a middle of the pack QB? undefeated last time I checked. Fixing the QB spot fixes the team. 

Didn't we just blow everything up?  So, after doing so, the expectation is immediate improvement? 

The game yesterday was frustrating.  But, massive changes won't do anything at this point aside from satisfy fans who need instant gratification.  This is a process.  It takes time.

The team sucks.  Everyone knows this. 

Bradley showed a lot more anger on the sideline yesterday than he has at any time this year, and that continued into the post game where he was anything but rah rah about where the team is currently.  He also took a few arrows himself putting a lot of the problems on coaching.  Rightly so. 

We don't need to blow everything up again.  We just need to continue with the process at this point.  It will get better eventually.

Quote: 

The Jags need to either draft a franchise QB

Breaking news everyone. We need to draft a franchise QB.
I'll just say what I have said before - ANYone is upgradable, including the head coach. 

If someone becomes available this offseason of the caliber of  Andy Reid like last year, The Jags would be stupid to pass on him just for the sake of having Gus Bradley here atm. 

If no one (significantly) better is available in the offseason, then you stick with Bradley. 

There is someone  that would be great for the jags. He has lots of fire.      Jags should drive up to north caronlina, and hire snowwolf776.  I would have the fire each ,and every week win ,or lose. Jags should hire me.   

Quote:I'll just say what I have said before - ANYone is upgradable, including the head coach. 

If someone becomes available this offseason of the caliber of  Andy Reid like last year, The Jags would be stupid to pass on him just for the sake of having Gus Bradley here atm. 

If no one (significantly) better is available in the offseason, then you stick with Bradley. 

You are correct in that anyone is replaceable, not upgradeable, because you don't know if the successor will produce.

Where I disagree with you is that we have just blown up our roster to start fresh. Obviously we will not be competing for anything significant, except for the 1st pick in the NFL draft. 

Khan had just hired Bradley and Caldwell last season to begin the rebuilding process, so I ask you this question... How would prospective coaches/GM's perceive this reactionary firing (as you suggest) for this "better coach", especially after knowing we just gutted our roster? Why would anyone want to come to a team where they do not have a chance to make their mark? 

It has not even been a complete year that Caldwell and Bradley have been at the helm... What did you think was going to happen? There is no doubt in my mind that we all want to see our team at least be competitive - so give this regime a chance and allow them to acquire their QB in this upcoming draft and let the team grow. 

And for this very reason, I'm glad Khan is not taking this approach and meddling in every football decision that has to be made. He knows he is the head man in charge, but he allows those who he hired in specific positions to perform their duties without micromanaging. There's a reason why this guy is a billionaire, with a "B". 
Pages: 1 2 3 4