Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Congrats Colts Fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Congratulations on the big win tonight against Denver  :thumbsup: But, I think that the Jags should get some minor credit for this win tonight against the Broncos too. I mean, had we not softened them up for you guys a week earlier this game might have turned out completely different.

Enjoy the win. :turned:

Houston's 2 years of winning the division are over. Back to normal now, Colts are going to dominate this division for years to come Sad
Quote:Houston's 2 years of winning the division are over. Back to normal now, Colts are going to dominate this division for years to come Sad

I really dont think thats the case.  Luck is good, and I know he is still growing, but he's not the world beater I planned on him being.  I think a lot of it is the coaching style and not letting him open it up, but I expected more.

Manning made them unbeatable, with Luck for some reason I feel like we still have a pretty good shot.
I love when GM's (Ryan Grigson, John Elway) who have franchise QB's fall into their laps are commended on "doing a great job".

Good win for the Colts. Manning wasn't the same after that hit, but it further proved that giving away a first rounder for TR was an awful move that Mike Lombardi should be arrested for armed robbery on. When your RB is getting complimented for just hanging on to the ball, it all went wrong somewhere.

I have slammed Lucks accuracy before, but now it looks like it cost Reggie Wayne his season and possibly his career. Horrible to see a class act like RW go out like that.

Quote:I love when GM's (Ryan Grigson, John Elway) who have franchise QB's fall into their laps are commended on "doing a great job".

Good win for the Colts. Manning wasn't the same after that hit, but it further proved that giving away a first rounder for TR was an awful move that Mike Lombardi should be arrested for armed robbery on. When your RB is getting complimented for just hanging on to the ball, it all went wrong somewhere.

I have slammed Lucks accuracy before, but now it looks like it cost Reggie Wayne his season and possibly his career. Horrible to see a class act like RW go out like that.

I may prove to be wrong about Richardson. He has not looked good. I hope he will improve. So far its been disappointing.
Quote:Congratulations on the big win tonight against Denver  :thumbsup: But, I think that the Jags should get some minor credit for this win tonight against the Colts too. I mean, had we not softened them up for you guys a week earlier this game might have turned out completely different.

Enjoy the win. :turned:

Colt key victories:

Seahawks 6-1 (Only loss to Indianapolis)

Broncos 6-1 (Only loss to Indianapolis)

49ers 5-2 (Only loss to Indianapolis and Seattle)

Big win. But losing Reggie Wayne hurts badly. Colts prove they are among  the leagues best.

The Jaguars proved the Broncos were mortal. That doesn't go unnoticed.

Electric night in Indianapolis last evening.
Quote:I really dont think thats the case.  Luck is good, and I know he is still growing, but he's not the world beater I planned on him being.  I think a lot of it is the coaching style and not letting him open it up, but I expected more.

Manning made them unbeatable, with Luck for some reason I feel like we still have a pretty good shot.

Luck has been phenomenal. END OF STORY.

The Colts in 2011 were 2-14. They draft Luck. The next year they are 11-5. This year they are 5-2 with wins against Denver (6-1), Seattle (6-1) and San Francisco (5-2). 

What more could Luck possibly do?

Ask the Rams how franchise QB Bradford is doing?

I can't not like Andrew Luck. He's just a great player and great guy all around. He's a dude you could talk to about anything and forget he's a big time NFL QB. Hopefully we snag Bridgewater and have 2 prodigy QBs in the AFC south.

Luck is very good, and isn't far from being great or elite.

If I was starting a new franchise I'd take him over almost every QB in the league. Rodgers is the only one I'd probably take ahead of him.

Andrew Luck is a mouth breather.
Quote:Luck has been phenomenal. END OF STORY.

The Colts in 2011 were 2-14. They draft Luck. The next year they are 11-5. This year they are 5-2 with wins against Denver (6-1), Seattle (6-1) and San Francisco (5-2). 

What more could Luck possibly do?

Ask the Rams how franchise QB Bradford is doing?

I'm not saying Luck is not a good qb, I just dont see him being a Brady, Manning, Brees, etc.  As of now he almost looks like a game manager.  Like I said earlier, it could be because of coaching, but he just doesnt seem like the kind of qb whose back you jump on and he takes you where you need to go.

He is still young and can improve, but I'm not sure it will happen.

With that said, if I were a Jaguar fan and he was my qb I would probably say I was sold on him and he is amazing as well.
Great job by the Colts last night.        As quickly as Peyton Manning gets rid of the ball,    the Broncos are fortunate that Manning came out of that game in one piece.    Against Robert Mathis and other pass rushers at or near that level,    the loss of LT Ryan Clady earlier this season should be of major concern to the Broncos moving forward.     

As for the Colts,   the # 1 question to come out of last night's game is can they effectively replace Reggie Wayne?        Especially with DHB still having great difficulty catching the ball consistently,  which plagued him with the Raiders.      It wouldn't surprise me if Jim Irsay and Ryan Grigson are aggressive in the pursuit of a quality WR to go with what the Colts currently have at the position.      This has proven to be a proactive organization when it comes to major trades.

Quote:Great job by the Colts last night.        As quickly as Peyton Manning gets rid of the ball,    the Broncos are fortunate that Manning came out of that game in one piece.    Against Robert Mathis and other pass rushers at or near that level,    the loss of LT Ryan Clady earlier this season should be of major concern to the Broncos moving forward.     

As for the Colts,   the # 1 question to come out of last night's game is can they effectively replace Reggie Wayne?        Especially with DHB still having great difficulty catching the ball consistently,  which plagued him with the Raiders.      It wouldn't surprise me if Jim Irsay and Ryan Grigson are aggressive in the pursuit of a quality WR to go with what the Colts currently have at the position.      This has proven to be a proactive organization when it comes to major trades.

Is it Nicks that is on the block in NY?  I think the Colts may make a run at him. 

Mathis is a beast.  Shows how much one person can affect a game.
Quote:Is it Nicks that is on the block in NY?  I think the Colts may make a run at him. 

Mathis is a beast.  Shows how much one person can affect a game.

If the Giants lose tonight to the Vikings,    it would be easy to envision the Giants trading Hakeem Nicks.   Especially since he's scheduled to be an UFA at the end of the year and the Giants making a major investment in Victor Cruz back in the summer.     

While Peyton Manning and the Colts Offense did a great job during the run the team had when Manning was the QB,    I've believed for a long time that the contribution that the Colts got from Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis off the edge was very underrated.      There's no way the Colts would have won the Super Bowl in the 2006 season if not for the play of Freeney and Mathis in the early playoff games that season.   

One of the Colts best decisions by Ryan Grigson was retaining Mathis,   even though he closed the door on Freeney returning to Indianapolis.         IMO,   Freeney has had a HOF caliber career.   While I wouldn't put Mathis on that level,    he's easily been one of the 5 top Colts players of the last 15 years.    
Broncos had 4 turnovers and 6 3-and-outs last night.  The colts have 2 wins due to excellent special team plays.  They capitilize on their opponents mistakes, and force some of them as well.

They are somewhere between the team that beat San Fran in San Fran and the one that got stomped by the Bolts.  Solid win, though, and looking surprisingly good on defense.  Andrew Luck is a top ten QB.

LOLing on the talking heads saying that Irsay psyched jughead out.

I got a feeling people are still sleeping on the clots, they might make some noise in the playoffs, who knows.

Quote:I'm not saying Luck is not a good qb, I just dont see him being a Brady, Manning, Brees, etc.  As of now he almost looks like a game manager.  Like I said earlier, it could be because of coaching, but he just doesnt seem like the kind of qb whose back you jump on and he takes you where you need to go.

He is still young and can improve, but I'm not sure it will happen.

With that said, if I were a Jaguar fan and he was my qb I would probably say I was sold on him and he is amazing as well.

Agreed. I see your point. Luck is more like Big Ben than Drew Brees. He is more results oriented than stats driven. Fair assessment.
Quote:Broncos had 4 turnovers and 6 3-and-outs last night.  The colts have 2 wins due to excellent special team plays.  They capitilize on their opponents mistakes, and force some of them as well.

They are somewhere between the team that beat San Fran in San Fran and the one that got stomped by the Bolts.  Solid win, though, and looking surprisingly good on defense.  Andrew Luck is a top ten QB.

LOLing on the talking heads saying that Irsay psyched jughead out.

Colt management wants to build a team that is more well rounded. This is new. This is different. The special teams for the Colts have been outstanding in big spots.  This team is very different from the top teams in the Manning era.
Quote:I got a feeling people are still sleeping on the clots, they might make some noise in the playoffs, who knows.

More importantly, the AFC is weak. Everyone loves Denver. But you don't win Super Bowls with giving up that many points. The Bengals? Patriots? Chiefs? I don't think there is a dominate team in the conference. So why not the Colts?
Quote:Colt management wants to build a team that is more well rounded. This is new. This is different. The special teams for the Colts have been outstanding in big spots.  This team is very different from the top teams in the Manning era.
Wait till Luck gets his 25 million dollar payday.

It will be a return to the Manning style teams again, or the colts will have a new QB.
Pages: 1 2