Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 7 months 5 days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Counting down untill we have bridgewater or manzeil! Hopefully more Oline picks!!!!!!
Teddy 4 eva

No to Manziel
Marcus Mariota all the way.. His skills are way to impressing.. Bridgewater is good but lacks on some other stuff..

Bridgewater plz.  No to Read Option in Oregon and The Mighty Midget.

There should be 3 guys at the top of the draft  next year.  At the end of the day we can prefer one over the others, but either Bridgewater, Mariota or Hundley will be a Jag next year and I would be OK with any of them. 

Quote:There should be 3 guys at the top of the draft  next year.  At the end of the day we can prefer one over the others, but either Bridgewater, Mariota or Hundley will be a Jag next year and I would be OK with any of them. 
I have been thinking the same thing.   I also like Manziel.
Quote:I have been thinking the same thing.   I also like Manziel.
He might even be available in the 2nd considering the fact his height will surely work against him when teams start doing what they do in the weeks coming up to the draft (i.e breaking down every little thing about a guy, except Gabbert apparently).
Not a college fan one bit. But, I have been trying to catch some games to see these qbs that I keep hearing about to see for myself and make my own opinion. So far, I am impressed with Bridgwater. What I have seen from Huntley, I don't care for him that much ( but I am not a gm or scout) and I have the fsu/Clemson game dvr'd to see I think Boyd?
Quote:He might even be available in the 2nd considering the fact his height will surely work against him when teams start doing what they do in the weeks coming up to the draft (i.e breaking down every little thing about a guy, except Gabbert apparently).
Someone always jumps up right before the Draft. E.J. Manuel did it this year, Gabbert in 2011, I would even say RGIII jumped up. We just picked the one everyone else knew to stay away from.
Hundley would do best to return for another year.  

I don't think Mariota will have success in the NFL.  Or at least not long-term success.  We'll see. Not claiming to be an expert, just a feeling I have based on what I've seen.

Isn't there already a countdown thread over in the forum where this should have been started. 

Yawn.  Sorry, I'm just so over the Hun-bridge-ziel-iota blabber. 

Bridgewater or Manziel
Quote:Counting down untill we have bridgewater or manzeil! Hopefully more Oline picks!!!!!!
Just keep losing, Giants and Bucs trying.
Quote:Not a college fan one bit. But, I have been trying to catch some games to see these qbs that I keep hearing about to see for myself and make my own opinion. So far, I am impressed with Bridgwater. What I have seen from Huntley, I don't care for him that much ( but I am not a gm or scout) and I have the fsu/Clemson game dvr'd to see I think Boyd?
Yea, I have trouble telling if these guys are going to translate to the NFL.  I know guys who are one read QBs won't, but I have trouble seeing it too.  I have watched a couple games with Hundley and he looks really good sometimes.  He has pocket presence and makes more then one read, but that is all I can tell.  I can't tell if his arm is strong enough and all that other stuff.
Quote:Yea, I have trouble telling if these guys are going to translate to the NFL.  I know guys who are one read QBs won't, but I have trouble seeing it too.  I have watched a couple games with Hundley and he looks really good sometimes.  He has pocket presence and makes more then one read, but that is all I can tell.  I can't tell if his arm is strong enough and all that other stuff.

Yeah, I will keep watching to learn what I can. But I will leave it to the scouts and Caldwell. If we get the first pick I'm sure they will make a better decision than me. So far my vote goes to Bridgwater but I have very little dat to go off of.
I'm ok with whoever they draft at QB, I'll give them the chance to evaluate and draft me the Qb of the future, just get it right this time guys. Please?

Last time around I thought Gabbert/Ponder/Dalton were the guys I'd prefer. Wasn't a fan of Newton/Mallet/Locker, and didn't really pay attention to Kapernick/Wilson. So I was 1 for 3 on the guys I liked, call it 2 for 3 on the guys I didn't like and ignored the 2 best guys in that class. So much for my ability to "scout" from the couch, just get me the best possible QB and a pass rush cause damn it I'm tired of rebuilding.

Quote:No to Manziel
I object! ^_^
Quote:I'm ok with whoever they draft at QB, I'll give them the chance to evaluate and draft me the Qb of the future, just get it right this time guys. Please?

Last time around I thought Gabbert/Ponder/Dalton were the guys I'd prefer. Wasn't a fan of Newton/Mallet/Locker, and didn't really pay attention to Kapernick/Wilson. So I was 1 for 3 on the guys I liked, call it 2 for 3 on the guys I didn't like and ignored the 2 best guys in that class. So much for my ability to "scout" from the couch, just get me the best possible QB and a pass rush cause damn it I'm tired of rebuilding.

What didn't you like about Cam?
Quote:What didn't you like about Cam?
 I had concerns about him wanting to run the ball first, not being patient enough to sit in the pocket and let the play develop. honestly I didn't bother looking to hard at Cam and Gabbert, figured neither of them would be there when we picked at 16. Was surprised and thought we ended up with on the the top 2 QB's when we traded up to 10.
Pages: 1 2