Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I finally get to go to a Jags game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I will finally get to a go to my very first Jaguars game. I have waited so many years to be able to go. I was wondering...will I be allowed to bring my camera/camcorder?

I read http://www.jaguars.com/fanguide/index.html and it just says that cameras with 6+" lenses are prohibited.

Also I bought the tickets, what else do I need to pay for? I know I need to pay for parking, but other than food and memorabilia is there any other expenses? How bad is the traffic on game day? How early should I be before the game? 

Any other tips/advice anyone could give me would be really great. Thanks for the help and I will see you guys on game day :-D 

Make sure you have plenty of money for beer, you're going to need it. 

Depending on which direction you're coming from you might want to allow an additional 30 minutes because of the Mathews Bridge being out. Personally I like to be walking into the stadium no later than 12:15. The rush of tailgaters and everyone else starts about then. Since it's your first game consider getting there extra early so you can check out Teal Town outside of the south end of the stadium and the stores and concessions inside of the stadium concourse. Because of the new security measure I make sure to have nothing in my pockets but my wallet, cell phone, and keys. If you get there by 11:00 that should give you plenty of time to take everything in before the game starts.

You'll enjoy it. Overwhelmingly the crowd is polite and the atmosphere fun until we start falling so far behind that all hope is lost. Then the place starts to become empty. Hopefully you'll get a competitive game to watch. Jaxson de Ville's pregame stunt is always fun to watch too. He really is the best mascot in football.

Have fun and enjoy yourself.

*edit* I can't think of any extra expenses outside of parking ($25) and concessions. If you bring a camera and it has a carry case, leave the case in your car. They may not allow it through the gate.
Quote:Depending on which direction you're coming from you might want to allow an additional 30 minutes because of the Mathews Bridge being out. Personally I like to be walking into the stadium no later than 12:15. The rush of tailgaters and everyone else starts about then. Since it's your first game consider getting there extra early so you can check out Teal Town outside of the south end of the stadium and the stores and concessions inside of the stadium concourse. Because of the new security measure I make sure to have nothing in my pockets but my wallet, cell phone, and keys. If you get there by 11:00 that should give you plenty of time to take everything in before the game starts.

You'll enjoy it. Overwhelmingly the crowd is polite and the atmosphere fun until we start falling so far behind that all hope is lost. Then the place starts to become empty. Hopefully you'll get a competitive game to watch. Jaxson de Ville's pregame stunt is always fun to watch too. He really is the best mascot in football.

Have fun and enjoy yourself.

*edit* I can't think of any extra expenses outside of parking ($25) and concessions. If you bring a camera and it has a carry case, leave the case in your car. They may not allow it through the gate.
Who pays $25 to park.. I pay like 5.. 
Quote:Who pays $25 to park.. I pay like 5.. 

Anyone who parks in the city-owned lots or garages pays $25.  Where do you park?
Quote:Anyone who parks in the city-owned lots or garages pays $25.  Where do you park?
At Shady Pete's lot. For an extra 5 bucks he'll even sell your hubcaps back to you.
Quote:At Shady Pete's lot. For an extra 5 bucks he'll even sell your hubcaps back to you.

I'm sure it will be an option that completely justifies asking "Who pays $25 to park..."
I go with the free parking, it also comes with free exercise (Long [BLEEP] walk)

Quote:Anyone who parks in the city-owned lots or garages pays $25.  Where do you park?
We pay about $10 to park. It's about a 10 minute walk to the stadium from our spot.
I always paid $10-15 park you just have to walk. Granted I think the last game I was at was in 2009? I know when we had season tickets it was about $15 parking and the close ones where about $30 (03-07)

Get there as early as you can, there's plenty of pre-game activities and the atmosphere is always a blast! My advice drink before going in and drink when you get out but don't waste your money there on drinks, unless you can afford $8 a beer.

In the Budzone or whatever they call it now a couple of times I got drafts and they where a little cheaper then the bottle beer, one time they only charged $2 but it must have been a special.

Have a blast and don't take it to serious

Quote:So I will finally get to a go to my very first Jaguars game. I have waited so many years to be able to go. I was wondering...will I be allowed to bring my camera/camcorder?

I read http://www.jaguars.com/fanguide/index.html and it just says that cameras with 6+" lenses are prohibited.

Also I bought the tickets, what else do I need to pay for? I know I need to pay for parking, but other than food and memorabilia is there any other expenses? How bad is the traffic on game day? How early should I be before the game? 

Any other tips/advice anyone could give me would be really great. Thanks for the help and I will see you guys on game day :-D 

Congrats on getting to come to a Jaguars game!

I wish the team were really good so the stadium would be packed and it would be pandemonium, but I think you should still have fun.
Try the Boy Scouts parking....They have several price levels.

Three I believe...coming off Martin Luther King from I-95  you take the first left (Church St I think) at the "TailGate Bar" (big teal building)

and you'll take next left on Victoria St.

The higher price boy scouts will be on left 2 blocks down.(tight parking and highest price, leaving is tough)...but keep going on Victoria and save a few bucks.

Victoria goes hard right at the old school (head start center) then bends left under Mathews overpass, the lot we use is on the right at Victoria Learning Academy.

Well fenced and attended.

Also, isn't too bad walk and 15~20 I think.

Easy to get out of when game over too......REALLY easy if we're losing. :yes:

And, at least it goes to a good cause too.

I used to park for free across the river and take the water shuttle over, beauty day!  Enjoy.

Man I miss the beers and food...

I always park by the baseball grounds. It went up to $25 from $20 this year. It's convenient for my wife and I because the walk isn't that far and we have a quick and easy drive out.
I take the shuttle as often as possible. I have season parking, but I won't use it until the Matthews Bridge reopens...

Leave the camcorder at home. Take the camera, but I believe there's a size limit on the lens.

Just take the shuttle service its really cheap parking. Will only cost you $7 at the Prime Osborn. You'll get an air conditioned ride to and from the stadium and they'll also give you a voucher for a free concession. Usually a 32 ounce drink or a large cracker jack. That in itself is a $5-$6 dollar savings.
Quote:I take the shuttle as often as possible. I have season parking, but I won't use it until the Matthews Bridge reopens...

Leave the camcorder at home. Take the camera, but I believe there's a size limit on the lens.
This is the camcorder I own, it isn't very big at all. I don't own a camera smaller than the camcorder. The dimensions are below, that shouldn't be to bad to carry...right? 

Dimensions (WxHxD)

2.0 x 2.5 x 4.7" / 50.5 x 63.0 x 118.5 mm

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/749863-REG/
Quote:At Shady Pete's lot. For an extra 5 bucks he'll even sell your hubcaps back to you.

Don't give away my business plan
I've got to say you have excellent timing.
Quote:This is the camcorder I own, it isn't very big at all. I don't own a camera smaller than the camcorder. The dimensions are below, that shouldn't be to bad to carry...right? 

Dimensions (WxHxD) 2.0 x 2.5 x 4.7" / 50.5 x 63.0 x 118.5 mm

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/749863-REG/

check here:

http://www.jaguars.com/fanguide/

They say no "video equipment"  but you could probably pass that thing off as "just a camera" especially if you wear it on a strap around your neck. 

Pages: 1 2