Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jim Irsay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AKA Jim Ingrate

Colts are the only underdog nobody (outside of Colts fans) is rooting for :yes:

It's true. The media has turned Jim Irsay and the Colts into the bad guys this week. Peyton Manning and the Broncos are the good guys this week.

It's just unfortunate, because anyone with half a brain would realize Irsay wasn't taking a shot at Manning (go over and watch the NFL.com interview and tell me where a shot was taken). Irsay said the exact same stuff during the Summer and not 1 person said a peep about it. He says it again near the week Peyton returns and the media runs with it as if it a shot towards Peyton to make this game even more hyped. Really pathetic, actually. Really goes to show what bad analysis & reporting can do.

Quote:It's true. The media has turned Jim Irsay and the Colts into the bad guys this week. Peyton Manning and the Broncos are the good guys this week.

It's just unfortunate, because anyone with half a brain would realize Irsay wasn't taking a shot at Manning (go over and watch the NFL.com interview and tell me where a shot was taken). Irsay said the exact same stuff during the Summer and not 1 person said a peep about it. He says it again near the week Peyton returns and the media runs with it as if it a shot towards Peyton to make this game even more hyped. Really pathetic, actually. Really goes to show what bad analysis & reporting can do.

It's typical for a large portion of the media to make a mountain out of a molehill.     Yet,   the same media ignores stories that should get coverage.

Regardless of the nonsense that's being filled up in the columns and on broadcast media,    nothing will take away from the tremendous event in Indianapolis on Sunday Night.
Eh, I think Irsay was taken out of context.  He was saying that the team needs to focus around Defense as well, rather than relying on the QB.  I don't think he was taking a shot at Manning.  Even after the Colts kicked our butts a couple of weeks ago, Irsay said Khan was building the team the right way.  He usually says crazy things, but I don't think he's ungrateful for Manning.

People want to turn this game into something, just like they did last week with the whole spread being against us.  The question the media asked was "When Peyton Manning would sit" not "Will Peyton Manning sit?"  And he didn't.  And though we lost by two scores last week, the media had to eat a bit of crow and hold off a little.  Because we didn't just put up a fight against Manning, we held him to two touchdowns, and less than 300 yards.  And we did it with him playing the full game -- and we even got a Pick 6 off of him.  The media's probably a little irritated with us for not lying down and taking the 28 point beating we were supposed to receive.  That we didn't let Peyton even reach 300 yards, let along 4 or 5.

It's all about the Broncos until week 11.  Then the big story everyone's been waiting for.  Both teams have a good chance of entering that week undefeated.  Then we see the unstoppable force (Broncos) meet the immovable object (Chiefs). 

After that, maybe we'll stop seeing stories centering around them.  At least until the playoffs.

Irsay may have been taken out of context a bit but he is still a moron.

Irsay is a moron......the last thing you want to do is motivate Peyton and that offense. I see Peyton trying to drop 70 on them this week, now. 

I heard a great Barry Switzer quote applied to Irsay the other day:

"He was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple"

Quote:Irsay is a moron......the last thing you want to do is motivate Peyton and that offense. I see Peyton trying to drop 70 on them this week, now. 

Reminds me from a couple weeks ago that the 49ers were going to come out angry after getting blown out by the Seahawks and run all over the Colts!

Oh wait...
Quote:Irsay is a moron......the last thing you want to do is motivate Peyton and that offense. I see Peyton trying to drop 70 on them this week, now.

Yeah, Peyton was going to take it easy on the colts..........
Quote:It's true. The media has turned Jim Irsay and the Colts into the bad guys this week. Peyton Manning and the Broncos are the good guys this week.

Except Bill Polian took offense to what Irsay said.  And Irsay has contracted the "diva-like" attitude symptom on twitter.
Quote:Except Bill Polian took offense to what Irsay said.  And Irsay has contracted the "diva-like" attitude symptom on twitter.

Bill Polian is the only person to have a right to be angry/upset.

IF Irsay took a shot at anyone, it was Polian and the way he put together the team.

The league only has room enough for one Jerry Jones.

Quote:The league only has room enough for one Jerry Jones.

Then why do we still have Dan Snyder?
Quote:Then why do we still have Dan Snyder?

Dan tried and failed, and has been maintaining a pretty low profile.  If it weren't for the ongoing, occasionally manufactured name controversy, we wouldn't have heard from him at all this season.

Ole Jim is trying a little too hard right now, though
His comments might have been taken out of context. But what he said was still stupid. Peyton did so much for his franchise. He should have selected better words. I know a lot of Jaguars fans dislike Peyton. But I don't. He is a great guy on and off the field. Definitely fun as hell to watch play. I will be cheering for the Broncos on Sunday.
Quote:His comments might have been taken out of context. But what he said was still stupid. Peyton did so much for his franchise. He should have selected better words. I know a lot of Jaguars fans dislike Peyton. But I don't. He is a great guy on and off the field. Definitely fun as hell to watch play. I will be cheering for the Broncos on Sunday.

You're absolutely right he did. The thing is though, Irsay never put that into question. The media turned this into something it wasn't.

I'm just ready for this week to be over, honestly. This is a mess.
Irsay is an idiot. We knew this before this incident.

Colts Warriors would probably stick up for Hitler if he was part of the Colts organisation

Quote:Irsay is an idiot. We knew this before this incident.

Colts Warriors would probably stick up for Hitler if he was part of the Colts organisation

There you are! Missed you  :kiss:
Quote:There you are! Missed you  :kiss:
Is this dude intentionally mispelling organization or am I an idiot and being wooshed?
Quote:Is this dude intentionally mispelling organization or am I an idiot and being wooshed?
I think you are the one mispelling
Pages: 1 2