Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: College Study Finds Oreo Cookies Are As Addictive As Drugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:If you’ve ever been unable to stop yourself from eating too many Oreo cookies it may not be your fault--a new college study says one of America’s favorite desserts is just as addictive as drugs in lab rats.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/10/15...-as-drugs/

:woot:

This has so much potential. There is so much to talk about and so many questions that need to be answered.

I'll start.

How the hell did they get the rats to snort Oreos in the first place? :whistling:

Why the hell was money wasted on rats in the first place..........

Oreo's aren't addicting. 

Meh...I've never found them to be that addicting either. The white filling always tastes greasy to me... I guess I've been missing out on something!
Quote:Meh...I've never found them to be that addicting either. The white filling always tastes greasy to me... I guess I've been missing out on something!

yeah, I have like 2 or 3 and I'm off them for months....

Would much rather have homemade chocolate chip cookies. Now they are flat out addicting for me. I once ate the entire Christmas tin in one sitting...
Quote:Meh...I've never found them to be that addicting either. The white filling always tastes greasy to me... I guess I've been missing out on something!
I am going to make a couple of assumptions here:

A. You are not a rat.

B. You have never snorted an oreo.
I only eat them because I can't fit them directly into a vein.  I volunteered to be a lab rat for this study.

Kind of makes you wonder what the creme filling is made of

Quote:I am going to make a couple of assumptions here:

A. You are not a rat.

B. You have never snorted an oreo.

You are correct with both assumptions!! :thumbsup:
You're not supposed to eat the icing, you're supposed to heat it on a spoon and inject it with a syringe 

They probably are addicting to some but I'm not sure a rat is a valid research subject for this matter.