Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3 Things The Jags Can Do To Start Winning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a simplified version of resolutions to the JAG's woes. It seems to always boil or to one or more of these 3 things. Fix 2 of the 3, and I bet the record would be reversed.

1. Penalties. Lots of them have not been legitimate. Lots have though. Either way, somehow the penalties need to be reduced significantly.

2. Turnovers. That Jags give up far too many and get far too few. That needs to change and change soon.

3. Explosive plays. Like turnovers, far too many against the Jags, and woefully few for the team.

Fix these things, and life for the Jags and Jag nation would get better in a big way.

The best way to fix all those things is to get a real NFL HC in here that will stress each and every one of those in practice over and over and over again and then put the players in the position to make them happen and accept no less then improvement in all those areas.
Best way to win??? Hire Charlie Sheen as our HC. WINNING!!!!!!!
Oh great. I am so glad I was able to start a coaching thread. They're so hard for find around here these days.........
Score more points,

Quote:The best way to fix all those things is to get a real NFL HC in here that will stress each and every one of those in practice over and over and over again and then put the players in the position to make them happen and accept no less then improvement in all those areas.

^This...each of those are correctable with good coaching.
Quote:Oh great. I am so glad I was able to start a coaching thread. They're so hard for find around here these days.........

You expected something different?  Seriously this team.  Another wasted season.
Quote:You expected something different?  Seriously this team.  Another wasted season.

Actually, not really. Too many posters who can't form an opinion beyond derp...

Herp derp for the really deep thinkers.
Maybe Gus can coach the referees as to what constitutes OPI, DPI, forward progress, and that thick white stripe that indicates out-of-bounds.  Until that happens, we lose.

Firing Gus Bradley is a step in the right direction
1. Score more points than the other team.

2. Make the other team score less points than you do

3. Fire Gus Bradley

Opinion 1- Express alcohol lines, and a hotel connected to the stadium for black out drunk fans that is 5 star with all inclusive hangover meals and therapy for monday blues. We may not win but most people who go to games would have trouble remembering how bad things were.

Option 2- Move the massive screens from the end zones to field side and block the view of the field in everbank. Then show replays of us winning games in the 90's

Yeah I got nothing that isn't HC related so that's all I could come up with.
You mean if we do obvious things we win? No way.

youre essentially just saying "we can win if we play better"
Quote:3. Explosive plays. Like turnovers, far too many against the Jags, and woefully few for the team.

At least in the last 2 Jaguars games,  the chunk play differential on Offense,  Defense,  and on Special Teams returns might be the # 1 reason the Jaguars lost.    It's definitely something the Jags 2017 team brass has to address in the upcoming off-season and beyond.    In the NFL,  it's very difficult to win consistently when the turnover and chunk play battles are lost.    Too many things can go wrong when depending on 12 play or longer type of drives on Offense.  
People still care about this season?

It's time to move on everyone.
This team could easily win the next game or improve.  Trend analysis says the team will find ways to lose the next few weeks but the team is improving enough to overcome the head coach.
Power running teams, which this team wants to be, commit to the run, which they haven't.