Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where Would You Rank The Duo Of Blackmon + Shorts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd say top 5 WR duo in the NFL, look what they do with Henne/Gabbert. 

Wayne + Hilton

Cruz + Nicks

Thomas + Welker

Cobb + Nelson

Vjax + Mike Williams

Tate + Harvin

Are all better units as of now IMO. Lets see revist this after the 2014 season when both players have got 3 years experience under their belt, which is when WRs usually enter their prime. 

I will have to see them play more together...

The trend has been... Blackmon in; Shorts Injured... or Shorts in; Blackmon Punished

Quote:Wayne + Hilton

Cruz + Nicks

Thomas + Welker

Cobb + Nelson

Vjax + Mike Williams

Tate + Harvin

Are all better units as of now IMO. Lets see revist this after the 2014 season when both players have got 3 years experience under their belt, which is when WRs usually enter their prime. 
Mike Williams? The same Mike Williams with barely 160 receiving yards on the season?
Blackmon did some punishing of his own against the Broncs... I hope to see the trend continue.

Quote:Mike Williams? The same Mike Williams with barely 160 receiving yards on the season?

Also, I'd be weary of putting Harvin and Tate up there too.

Golden Tate wouldn't even start on most teams in the NFL, but Harvin is a really talented receiver when he's healthy.

Cruz + Nicks

Thomas + Welker

Cobb + Nelson

Vjax + Mike Williams

Tate + Harvin

Tate and Harvin? Tate is some trash.

Calvin and anybody really. Marshall and Alshon. Julio and Roddy (when healthy). Wallace and Hartline are ok.
Blackmon and Brown. What I mean is Blackmon looks like he could be another CJ.
My first thought was, "no where close."  But, after thinking through it, they're closer than I thought.  

Quote:<div>
Blackmon and Brown. What I mean is Blackmon looks like he could be another CJ.
Blackmon reminds me much more of a bulkier, more physical Chad Johnson clone.

Chad Johnson in his prime, was a walking demonstration of a perfect wide receiver. He could do anything, catch anything, run any route, and was definitely one of the smartest (on the field) receivers to ever play. One thing the Bengals loved about Chad was that he knew when to protect himself over the middle and Blackmon showed that quite a bit on Sunday, pulling a pass down and immediately bracing himself for the hit when he knew he couldn't get up and try for more yards.

What sets them apart is that Chad was never very hard to bring down, but as soon as Blackmon catches the ball you're in a wrestling match with a receiver that drives his legs, and as a defensive back, you're going to need to call for backup.

</div>

Cruz + Nicks

Thomas + Welker

Cobb + Nelson

Vjax + Mike Williams

Tate + Harvin

Tate and Harvin?
I'm getting concerned about Shorts' injuries.
Until they actually play a full season together, I probably wouldn't rank them yet. 

Really like their potential though. 

Cruz + Nicks

Thomas + Welker

Cobb + Nelson

Vjax + Mike Williams

Tate + Harvin

Julio Jones + Roddy White + Gonzalez

Calvin Johnson + anybody

Graham + Colston

Dez Bryant + Witten

Desean + Cooper

Hopkins + Johnson

Marshall + Alshon

So until further notice, not top 10 duo in the league.  I would like their potential if Shorts wasn't injury prone.  Blackmon will be breaking records or in jail, while Shorts is finished in the NFL in a couple seasons.

I think it's a little early to be ranking them as a "duo" considering how difficult it's been to get both of them on the field at the same time. 

Cruz + Nicks

Thomas + Welker

Cobb + Nelson

Vjax + Mike Williams

Tate + Harvin

I disagree on Cruz+Nicks / Tate+Harvin /V Jax/Mike Williams being better. 
Quote:I disagree on Cruz+Nicks / Tate+Harvin /V Jax/Mike Williams being better. 

Its incredible how so many people dont realize how good Golden Tate is. He is relatively short WR who plays like hes 6'4. He wins on so many 50-50 deep balls and back shoulder throws. And his run after the catch ability is just as good as Cecils. 

Mike Williams isnt doing great this year because of injuries and Mike Glennon, but I ranked that pair higher because Vjax is a proven top 7 wr in the league, and I think Williams is just slightly behind Cecil. 

Cruz is one of the best slot WRs in the NFL the past 3 years, and Nicks has proven he has talent when he's healthy as well. 

In 2 years I believe Cecil/Blackmon will be a top 3 tandem in the league, but the question is about right now. 
I wouldn't. They have only played one game together this year.

I made a topic on this last year. They were top 6 in Tds, ypc, receptions, and least amouny of dropped passes.

With a qb they will be unstoppable
Quote:Its incredible how so many people dont realize how good Golden Tate is. He is relatively short WR who plays like hes 6'4. He wins on so many 50-50 deep balls and back shoulder throws. And his run after the catch ability is just as good as Cecils. 

Mike Williams isnt doing great this year because of injuries and Mike Glennon, but I ranked that pair higher because Vjax is a proven top 7 wr in the league, and I think Williams is just slightly behind Cecil. 

Cruz is one of the best slot WRs in the NFL the past 3 years, and Nicks has proven he has talent when he's healthy as well. 

In 2 years I believe Cecil/Blackmon will be a top 3 tandem in the league, but the question is about right now. 

Golden Tate is an average receiver at best and even most Seahawks fans will tell you that.  Don't even delude yourself into thinking he's as good as Cecil Shorts.

Like I said, he wouldn't start on a lot of teams in this league.
Pages: 1 2