Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Gabbert Starts Another Game Than It Must Mean We Are Losing On Purpose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gabbert is one of if not the worst QB taken in the modern era

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/10/15/...ft-jaguars

What makes it even worse is this team traded a 2nd rounder to move up to get gabbert.

Gabberts 2013 stats: 48% completion rate, 1 td, 7 ints, Rating of 36

I just don't see why we would play him again unless we are tanking.  The door is still open for him because the staff with not comment on the starting QB after the chargers game.

Obviously. Stevie Wonder could see that.

As it should be. 

Bridgewater > meaningless wins in dead season

And we wait for Oklahomie's response....

He'll either:

1) Defend Gabbert and pass the blame to everyone else

2) Bash Henne to prop up Gabbert

3) Completely ignore this thread and lay low

I'm taking bets now please pick a number ASAP
The GM and Head coach wanted to see what BG could do, and although he has been as bad as it can get, they have not seen what they saw in training camp. I think they will start him to see if he can get through 3 or 4 games in a row. The ability to be good is to have consistant play, he has not had that. Play 3/4 of 1st game then sits 2 comes back 2 games and is hurt again. he may be injury prone but even the terrible film he has put out there it is not enough to judge him fully. and yes yall will say what about last year and his rookiee year. well i think the GM and HC want to see him play several full games to make the right judgement on him. He was a 1st round pick and they want to make sure with out any doubt. I know all you genious Armchair GMS think you have seen enough but for someone evaluating talent might want to see a bit more with consistant playing with full complament of weapons. btw Henne is terribad.

1 check

2 check

I'm fine with losing on purpose.

I'd rather lose this year and get a quarterback than lose every year and never have a quarterback. 

Caldwell probably doesn't overrate Hundley and Mariota as much as kids on forums.

Quote:Gabbert is one of if not the worst QB taken in the modern era

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/10/15/...ft-jaguars

What makes it even worse is this team traded a 2nd rounder to move up to get gabbert.

I just don't see why we would play him again unless we are tanking.  The door is still open for him because the staff with not comment on the starting QB after the chargers game.

My brother, you must be bored or just obsessive about this gabbert situation to make a negative thread about him every single day. We get it you hate him and the rest of see that he's not the answer but let dave and gus doing their jobs because despite our record we're heading in the right direction. If they start him again it cool with me if they don't that okay as well because we're not going to win many games anyway with either guy on the roster. Oh by the way, this chad henne guy most people want to praise as a qb messiah for this team is 1-10 as a starter Jacksonville Jaguars. Bottom line, he isn't going to win us any games either just good for putting up garbage time stats against bad teams.
The Broncos aren't exactly a bad team and Hennerhoid put up some passing yards against them. But no..Neither he nor Gabbert are the answers, unless the question has been changed to "Which two QB's will be cut next year?"

Quote:And we wait for Oklahomie's response....

He'll either:

1) Defend Gabbert and pass the blame to everyone else

2) Bash Henne to prop up Gabbert

3) Completely ignore this thread and lay low

I'm taking bets now please pick a number ASAP
he has acknowledged plenty of times that they both suck. at the end of the day, our offense scored 13 points against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, and that is really what it's all about. you've got some kind of mental problems bud.
This Gabbert/Henne issue must stop. We all know neither one will be back next year even as a backup.

What important for the team right now is stability. Stability will help players to establish chemistry. This is a team loaded with new and young players, it takes times for them to know one another and stability will give them the opportunity to do just that. Each time you switch QB, the OC has to switch scheme, it can only create chaos and instability.

By the way, winning meaningless game is not always harmless. At the end of 2011 season, if we lost to Indi, what would happen? No one really knows but Luck probably would not end up as a Colt and Andrea Branch a Jaguar! Suffering on both fronts.

Quote:Gabbert is one of if not the worst QB taken in the modern era

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/10/15/4840926/blaine-gabbert-bust-nfl-draft-jaguars'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/10/15/4840926/blaine-gabbert-bust-nfl-draft-jaguars</a>

I just don't see why we would play him again unless we are tanking. The door is still open for him because the staff with not comment on the starting QB after the chargers game.
Bruh, if you didnt know that by now, i dont know what to say!! All you can really do as a fan is ride the ship, cause Henne aint really to much better.
If Chad has another good game. You continue starting him. If he tanks you try Blaine or stanzi. Even though at this point I would try Robinson.
I can't believe this is still a thing.  They can play any QB on the roster and it would mean nothing (it always seems to end with Henne starting anyway).  We'll find a QB in 2014.  Who's on the roster now and who plays is meaningless. 

I can't believe Gabbert turned out to be in the same breath as Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and Akili Smith. I was still rooting for the guy going into this season, but man...