Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A New Low For The Jags Franchise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A great poet once state "all good things must end." This statement is particularly true in athletics - for example, Cal Ripkens 2,632 games played streak, another example is Sonja Henie who won 10 straight women's world figure skating championships from 1927-36, and of course who will ever forget Pakistani's Jahnagir Khan's 555 consecutive wins in the great sport of squash from 1981-1986. Streaks ending are undoubtedly painful, and Jagsnation felt a very similar pain Sunday afternoon when the Jaguars three game winning streak vs. the Denver Broncos came to a crashing end. Some predicted this to happen, but when the finality of the clock striking 0:00 in the fourth quarter hit home, it had to really hurt those of us who bleed teal. Yet another low in this season where there have arguably been more lows than highs.

Despite losing, there were quite a few positives that came out of Sunday game, most noticeable it appeared at least for a while that Josh Scobee and Gus Bradley decided to bury the hatchet of their well documented and divisive feud. Bradley used Scobee quite often and I felt like he finally got in a much needed rhythm. I might be in the minority, but I feel that Bradley going for two at the end of the second half was more of a strategic move more so than a power play by Bradley to show who was boss. For once Scobee was used fairly and often.

It could be argued that the Henne-  Blackmon duo might now be considered among the best 1-2 punches in the league.  Teams just do not do what they did vs. a Jack Del Rio led defense. This game clearly showed that even if Gabbert does not get healthy, we are in great shape at the QB spot for the next several years and do not need to draft Teddy Bridgewater. We absolutely need help on the line and on special teams. The Anger pick up in the third round two years ago was a great pick up, but we need him to focus on punting and not holding - I don't blame him for muffing the snap as that is just our coaching staff putting him in a position where he can't succeed.  My thought is we could probably draft another offensive lineman early and then get AJ McCarron from Alabama later in the draft who could serve a duel purpose as both back up/insurance at QB and holder. Currently McCarron both holds and plays quarterback for the University of Alabama, who is ranked in the top 5 in nearly every poll out there.

We can walk away from the Bronco's game knowing that we are one of the few teams to not only play both undefeated teams but also the only team that has truly pushed the Broncos this season. The 16 point margin was much closer than the score indicated and I don't think any of us felt like we were out of that game until the final horn sounded. With San Diego coming to town this weekend, I think we can build on that game and get our first win. Then, we head overseas for what will essentially be a big time home game for us as no doubt the Londonians will come out in full force to support us. San Fran never plays well overseas, so that could easily be win number two.  The schedule then sets up great for us - we have a bye week followed by eight more games - seven of which are very, very winnable. I think we are in the play offs at 9-7, but think we will need a little help at 8-8. This is going to be an awesome last half of the regular season!!!

Why do I always feel like I am in the twilight zone after reading one of his posts?? :blink: 

GOAT troll
Quote:GOAT troll
Your a Goat Troll - you never post anything positive.
Quote:Why do I always feel like I am in the twilight zone after reading one of his posts?? :blink:

Because you get whooshed by satire?
Quote:Because you get whooshed by satire?

Call me wooshed then. He got me. 
Crack kills? Can I say that here?

-ScrewDrvr-

please log off the board and dont come back. You are useless.

lol i have no idea what to think of this.... soooo gus has a problem with scobee and we should draft macarron cause he can hold?

im lost, is this 5 paragraphs of sarcasm or do u think the punter pick was great and that we have a shot at the playoffs?

TMD and Omaha may be related. They should get on Ancestry.com and see where the leaves take them...

The whoosh is strong here. 

[Image: 6814559564_615b9c2632_o.jpg]

Quote:The whoosh is strong here. 

[Image: 6814559564_615b9c2632_o.jpg]
Im not so sure this is an intentional whoosh.... wait, maybe thats what he wants me think.... in which case this is an amazing whoosh... but im pretty sure he truly believes part of this which make this the most naive post ive read in a while lol.
You forgot to touch on how we got screwed by the refs with the ticky tac calls on Branch and Evans
Omaha has never been misleading or inaccurate. If you listen to what he is saying, you will immediately understand.

Dakota the only thing Omaha made sense with was Corn. Henne our QB next 3 years?
Quote:Dakota the only thing Omaha made sense with was Corn. Henne our QB next 3 years?
You look, but you do not see.
Henne for next three years and corn? No
lol, omaha always brings the laughs

Sorry bout double. And hope did not acc report someone.
Quote:Henne for next three years and corn? No
My friend, you are missing the forest for the trees. Sad
Pages: 1 2