Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: O-Line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They held up very well these past 2 weeks (oddly enough without Monroe or Joeckel). Pasztor is the real deal.

i agree, on the sacks i saw it was hennes fault for not stepping forward.  and the run game seems to be improving each week. when mjd trucked champ, i was like damn lol

Pasztor has been playing very well. Hopefully he can develop at RT so that we don't need to worry about another position.
Love Pasztor and the way he blocks. He really has opened up more holes for MJD when we run our classic Power O plays

I know it's only 70 and 72 yards, but for Maurice Jones-Drew who is past his prime, that's back to back games of season highs. I hope that Austin Pasztor is the answer. They blocked well today

Quote:i agree, on the sacks i saw it was hennes fault for not stepping forward.  and the run game seems to be improving each week. when mjd trucked champ, i was like damn lol
The sack on third and long when they rushed 3 was 100% on the o-line. He had no time. With that said, they seem to be pass protecting pretty well. Rackley is still god awful though. 
I get the feeling when Monroe was traded, that Dave knew Pazstor would be capable.  

Quote:The sack on third and long when they rushed 3 was 100% on the o-line. He had no time. With that said, they seem to be pass protecting pretty well. Rackley is still god awful though. 

I think Uche was at fault for that one. Not completely sure, though. Still no excuse for a sack if you're only rushing 3.
The o-line has definitely improved the last couple of weeks, but they still have room for even more improvement. I really like Pazstor. He used to be a hockey player, so he plays with that hockey toughness, which I love. Uche has been a bit better as well, maybe because he starting to get healthy.

Pasztor looks solid so far. Definitely a guy to keep an eye on the rest of the year.

Maybe hockey players as tackles can be the new basketball players as TEs.

If Pasztor is the answer, that boy Pasztor just saved our draft in my opinion! Good RT don't come in the 3rd round like they do in the second, which is what I would have thought would be our pick at 33/34/35. 

To be fair, they're still terrible. Entire oline was negatively graded by PFF last week.

Also, with the Bills cutting Colin Brown that makes Will Rackley officially the worst player in the entire league now.

Pasztor has been a nice surprise, but I'm not so sure he's the answer just yet.   Bradfield hasn't been great - but hasn't been complete liability. 

Rackley is a disaster on 60% of the snaps.  I hope they take a guard in round 3 or 4 if they don't sign a quality FA. 

Looking into next season, we don't need to waste any type of early picks, let alone picks in general on interior linemen. The offensive line is one place where it pays off to sign Free Agents, because they can play for a long time and age isn't near as much of a factor to them. We need to can Rackley and Uche and sign some established OG's (pun intended). Luke's gonna be back by next season at LT, and Pasztor looks good so far.

Quote:I think Uche was at fault for that one. Not completely sure, though. Still no excuse for a sack if you're only rushing 3.

I don't think so.

I remember the DT moving on the outside after the DE took up Uche and Pasztor. The DE went on the inside (to Uche). What should have happened was Pasztor turning the DE over to Uche and Meester while picking up the DT.

That sack in 100% on the OL.
Quote:They held up very well these past 2 weeks (oddly enough without Monroe or Joeckel). Pasztor is the real deal.
But they suck and they were making Gabbert look bad once we have 5 All-Pros on the OL Gabbert will take that next step right?

But on a serious note now do people see even an avg QB can make a team look improved, if we have a franchise QB everything on this team will look way better.

We still need to get better with run blocking and still to improve on pass blocking 
I was impressed with the protection however the LB's were dropping back an awful lot and I never saw anything overly exotic pass rush wise from Denver. Both teams had similar game plans  where they were content giving up yards as long as they could protect against the home run. Enjoyed seeing something positive o line wise.

Pass blocking has been impressive considering its likely 3 of them won't be starters next year (Bradfield, rackley, meester, maybe pasztor). Run blocking is really bad though.
The OLine will get a makeover after the season.  I think the only "safe" starter on the roster is Joeckel at LT.  Bradfield and Pasztor are playing better than I expected, but I don't see either being the long term solutions at the starting tackle positions.  However, having experienced and versatile young backup tackles is a very good thing.   

Pages: 1 2