Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Real Test Of Coaching Ability Coming Up This Week For Gus.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Against Denver, that's the hardest I've seen any Jaguar team play in almost 3 years. They where aggressive, they left everything on the field. Sure we made some boneheaded moves with needless penalties and a couple bad play calls, but the team was ready to play.

That said, anyone can get up for big games. Last week the game was hyped all week long, report after report on how this squad wouldn't even hang with Manning's Broncos, so I get some of the aggressive play from younger guys. What I want to see is that SAME fire, that same passion, that same we came to play aggressiveness against San Diego.

Show me you can do it without the national hype, week in and week out come to play Jags, that's the next step in development for this franchise.

The Jags are starting to show real improvement now. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. I'm confident that as soon as we can sign some impact players in FA, and if we can hit big on the draft, we'll be contenders again real soon.

Quote:Against Denver, that's the hardest I've seen any Jaguar team play in almost 3 years. They where aggressive, they left everything on the field. Sure we made some boneheaded moves with needless penalties and a couple bad play calls, but the team was ready to play.

That said, anyone can get up for big games. Last week the game was hyped all week long, report after report on how this squad wouldn't even hang with Manning's Broncos, so I get some of the aggressive play from younger guys. What I want to see is that SAME fire, that same passion, that same we came to play aggressiveness against San Diego.

Show me you can do it without the national hype, week in and week out come to play Jags, that's the next step in development for this franchise.

Very true. I think Gus will have them ready. Like he said in the post game speech, they got a taste of what its like to be there in the 4th quarter but it want enough. I know they want more!