Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Team Got Better Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Jaguars blew a LOT of opportunities thanks in part to penalties, but this team hung with Manning like we were so used to seeing back when he was in Indy.

What happens if Andre Branch doesn't act like an idiot and cause that penalty?

What happens if Chad Henne doesn't throw that INT?

What happens if Geno Hayes catches that giftwrapped INT?

What happens if that Ronnie Hillman fumble is recovered?

The fact that these opportunities even existed is a testament to how big of a wakeup this game was for this squad. This team got better today because of their opponent. I honestly don't anticipate this team being blown out every week after this week.

You can play the what if game for both teams, what if the broncos dont fumble 2 snaps?

I thought today was one of the better QB performances this team has had in a couple years. Chad made some nicec throws and didn't make many dumb decisions. Both INTs were off tipped passes. Granted, in the grand scheme of things, it was still an average QB performance, but it was better than we're used to.

The offensive line had their best game of the season. They really blew it on that 3 man rush they allowed a sack on, but overall gave Henne more time to throw. They also didn't have a false start penalty until the 4th quarter.
Even though we lost im still proud we gave denver their toughest game of the season
Quote:You can play the what if game for both teams, what if the broncos dont fumble 2 snaps?

But we're not playing the "what if" game with the Broncos.
I really liked Bradfield's play at LT today. 

Quote:This team got better today because of their opponent. I honestly don't anticipate this team being blown out every week after this week.

This is the only part I don't like about today. Not saying this is what you're saying exactly, but the radio guys were talking about it after the game as well. They took the approach of; "Oh, its the Broncos, so they gave 'em their best shot, and look what happened."

This team was blown out almost every game they played before today. They should have been giving EVERY team their best shot. If it took playing a 5-0 team to wake up the laughing stock of the NFL, I'm slightly worried about the team's mental state.

Its a very, very, very, very (I can't stress the "very" enough on this board, because I'm sure someone will call me an idiot for even bringing the topic up and worrying about it. <_<) minor worry of mine given the grand scheme of things and the overall improvement I saw today. But, if the team comes out and lays an egg against San Diego next week, this minor fear of mine will start to become an actual worry. :confused:
The Jaguars showed today why the NFL will always be better than college football. The gap between the best and worst is NEVER that great. Its certainly not 28 points, which is why it will be another generation before we ever see a point spread that big again. (BTW, the Jaguars covered easily.)

As I have posted before, the Colts went from 2-14 to 11-5 in ONE season. 

Did you guys see Blackmon today? With a soft schedule, a few breaks and above average quarterbacking, next year this team could get to 9-7 or 10-6 in 2014.

Just get a good QB. And the pieces you have that look bad now, will suddenly look a whole lot better.
Quote:The Jaguars blew a LOT of opportunities thanks in part to penalties, but this team hung with Manning like we were so used to seeing back when he was in Indy.

What happens if Andre Branch doesn't act like an idiot and cause that penalty?

What happens if Chad Henne doesn't throw that INT?

What happens if Geno Hayes catches that giftwrapped INT?

What happens if that Ronnie Hillman fumble is recovered?

The fact that these opportunities even existed is a testament to how big of a wakeup this game was for this squad. This team got better today because of their opponent. I honestly don't anticipate this team being blown out every week after this week.

Two games in a row where we can look back on individual plays and say they cost us the game.

This team was ground into the dirt those first four games.
The Jags could have laid down yesterday.  They heard all week how they had no chance.  They came out and played with heart and intensity and hung with the Broncos for most of the game.   Am I happy they lost?  Absolutely not,  but I am happy that they competed.   First game this year I actually had fun watching.   

Keep up the hard work and intensity. Better results will come.

Yea I was watching tv and on local channel took shots at jags again. Thought to myself. Yea but through three quarters kept up with the best team in the league.