Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Team's Top 5 Player Position Needs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you could acquire 5 starting caliber players between Free Agency and the draft before next season what would those position be?  Feel free to add rank order in comments.

QB, RB,Tight end, Defensive end, and head coach

QB, LG, RT, RG, RB
Defensive line should also be on that list. Fowler is unproven and Miller not a youngster. Odrick and Tyson so-so and at least one of those two will be gone.

That being said, my order would be:

1. Right tackle

2. Left guard

3. Quality QB backup

4. Pass rusher (LEO) and move Fowler to SAM

5. Cornerback depth (in case Ramsay or Colvin get hurt). House is gone.

Quote:Defensive line should also be on that list. Fowler is unproven and Miller not a youngster. Odrick and Tyson so-so and at least one of those two will be gone.

1. Right tackle

2. Left guard

3. Quality QB backup

DL added
QB, that's it
I immediately thought to vote 5 O-Lineman.  It is an area that has not been properly addressed, imo.

Quote:QB, LG, RT, RG, RB

This if it was with quality players. I'm not ready to give up on Bortles just yet, but if I could get a guaranteed quality qb then yeah i would obviously take that.
Quote:Defensive line should also be on that list. Fowler is unproven and Miller not a youngster. Odrick and Tyson so-so and at least one of those two will be gone.

1. Right tackle

2. Left guard

3. Quality QB backup

Cornerback is also a big need in the likely event that Prince isn't re-signed.
Quote:I immediately thought to vote 5 O-Lineman. It is an area that's has not been properly addressed, imo.
Agreed
QB

QB

QB

G

RT
- QB (I did vote QB but would be willing to give Blake another chance with a better coaching staff. He was fine in 2015, what happened? Also, I don't think the Jags will have a better option than Blake in 2017)

- RT

- Guard

- DE (Jack to mike and Fowler to sam)

- RB

I would like to see the new coaching staff add a true fullback
1. LG

2. SS

3. RT

4. PR/WR

5. QB

next up would TE or DE

I would love to dig up some older threads from the past four years where so many said the running back position was so unimportant. There was actually talk about the day of the RB being taken in the first round was dead and gone.

The so called experts have moved on to their latest brainstorm now. We all can laugh at those in a season or two.
Quote:I would love to dig up some older threads from the past four years where so many said the running back position was so unimportant. There was actually talk about the day of the RB being taken in the first round was dead and gone.

The so called experts have moved on to their latest brainstorm now. We all can laugh at those in a season or two.

It's probably no coincidence that we experienced at least some level of success as a team when we had Freddy T and MJD.
SS is not in our top 5 needs at all

cyprien has been ok enough this season,not even close to our biggest needs
Quote:I would love to dig up some older threads from the past four years where so many said the running back position was so unimportant. There was actually talk about the day of the RB being taken in the first round was dead and gone.

Tons of good running backs to be had in the 3rd round or later. No need to draft them in the first.

Before you feel too certain consider the sad tale of Todd Gurley.
OL entirely... ezekiel Elliot would look like yeldon behind this line. And if romo played behind this line, he may be the first person in the NFL to die on the field. The piss poor play trickles down through the O. We can barely establish a run if we are lucky, which leaves our qb who already has mechanics issues to try and pick apart zone coverages which he would be lucky to do if he was in his form from last year. We have talent, but without a line, they will continue to look mediocre at best.
RT, LG, RG, RB, DE

If we could address these areas, I'd be satisfied.

Pages: 1 2 3