Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The New $100 Bill Looks Awesome.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know they've been trying to spruce up the US currency with new designs and trying to get away from the boring old green but the new $100 bill is a fine piece of work.

[Image: New100front.jpg]

[Image: New100back.jpg]

Yeah they look cool but....... Like always, the fed screwed up.......

New $100 bills: Fancy new $100 bills are on their way! But a printing error forced the Federal Reserve to destroy $3 billion worth of the new bills.
2 years past their deadline

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Latest...oyed-video

(sigh) If only I ever had the opportunity to hold one.  

On a positive note, it's pretty cool that they put the Quaker Oats guy on the front.  

Will the chicken grease stain be on all bills or is it just this one that they took a photo of. 

Looks horrible.

A Penny cost like 4 cents to manufacture, I hope it doesn't cost us $400.00 to make a $100.00 dollar bill.

I don't know why we don't just round up to a nickle, and in case of 3 cents, round up to the nickle. That way instead of the Penny costing money, it would make money.

Quote:A Penny cost like 4 cents to manufacture, I hope it doesn't cost us $400.00 to make a $100.00 dollar bill.

But they can be spent an infinite amount of times, therefore their value is infinite.  In fact, I'm going to convert all my money to pennies for this very reason.
Quote:A Penny cost like 4 cents to manufacture, I hope it doesn't cost us $400.00 to make a $100.00 dollar bill.

I don't know why we don't just round up to a nickle, and in case of 3 cents, round up to the nickle. That way instead of the Penny costing money, it would make money.

Both pennies and nickels cost more to make than their single-use value. That's why some economists suggest discontinuing the penny and the nickle and moving to a dime, quarter, fifty cent coin, and a dollar coin. Some even suggest discontinuing the dollar because coins last significantly longer.

Oh, and it costs 12.7¢ to make the new $100 bill. The older styles cost 7.8¢ to make.
Laughing At Fiat Currency and it's "pretty money"

Quote:Oh, and it costs 12.7¢ to make the new $100 bill. The older styles cost 7.8¢ to make.

When this shutdown ends, I am going to stop by the treasury to get as many as I can afford.

I would also say, I would be in favor of dropping the penny, and nickle.

Just round up/down to the nearest dime. ... I wouldn't even care if the "up" line was at 4 cents up to 9 cents = rounding up to the next dime.
Quote:When this shutdown ends, I am going to stop by the treasury to get as many as I can afford.

I would also say, I would be in favor of dropping the penny, and nickle.

Just round up/down to the nearest dime. ... I wouldn't even care if the "up" line was at 4 cents up to 9 cents = rounding up to the next dime.
I believe Canada has already gotten rid of their penny and it's working pretty well for them. Nobody uses pennies anyways... and they literally cost more than they are worth.

Quote:I believe Canada has already gotten rid of their penny and it's working pretty well for them. Nobody uses pennies anyways... and they literally cost more than they are worth.
We haven't used pennies since a very brief period right after the introduction of the Euro. Everybody hated the bloody things.
Quote:I believe Canada has already gotten rid of their penny

That's because they are all being circulated in the USA.

Those Canadians are so fake ... their Penny, too.

Quote:the introduction of the Euro. Everybody hated the bloody things.

We still do, but they deserve it. Not like they ever put any effort into it anyway.
Quote:We haven't used pennies since a very brief period right after the introduction of the Euro. Everybody hated the bloody things.

I'm not as up to date on European currency usage, so I chose to stick with what I know. It's nice to see that the US is backwards on yet another thing...
Quote:I'm not as up to date on European currency usage, so I chose to stick with what I know. It's nice to see that the US is backwards on yet another thing...

Oh lord, another one of those.
Quote:Oh lord, another one of those.

We're racking up a lot of them aren't we?
Quote:We're racking up a lot of them aren't we?

No, I'm talking about you and your knee-jerk condemnation of things American as backwards because it doesn't equate to how things are done elsewhere.  Should we get rid of pennies? Probably in due time because it's an evolving situation.  Does it make us "backwards"?  No.  

Quote:No, I'm talking about you and your knee-jerk condemnation of things American as backwards because it doesn't equate to how things are done elsewhere.  Should we get rid of pennies, probably in due time because it's an evolving situation.  Does it make us "backwards"?  No.  
My knee-jerk condemnation of things American as backwards? I've mentioned American having something backwards exactly once in my time on this (and the old) board. We are backwards on this issue, and it isn't knee-jerk. Pennies do not facilitate commerce as currency is intended to do and they cost more than they are legally worth. That's a problem and there is a reason that most developed nations are getting rid of the penny.

Quote:My knee-jerk condemnation of things American as backwards? I've mentioned American having something backwards exactly once in my time on this (and the old) board. We are backwards on this issue, and it isn't knee-jerk. Pennies do not facilitate commerce as currency is intended to do and they cost more than they are legally worth. That's a problem and there is a reason that most developed nations are getting rid of the penny.

Pennies becoming economically unfeasible = "It's nice to see that the US is backwards on yet another thing..."
Quote:Pennies becoming economically unfeasible = "It's nice to see that the US is backwards on yet another thing..."
 It's been that way for awhile. Pennies are very rarely used to buy things, and it's been that way for awhile. The cost of the materials required to make a penny has fluctuated between being more expensive and slightly less expensive than the penny is worth for awhile now. This isn't some new thing.

As for the yet another thing, we can look squarely at the metric system which is still not used by most Americans, despite it's obvious benefits. There are a few other things that I'll skip that I find to be backwards about this country because of board rules.
Pages: 1 2