Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "10 Great Tom Hanks Films", In Tu Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://jacksonville.com/entertainment/mo...anks-films

Pretty good list. I'm a fan of them all. Tom Hanks is a very good actor, big fan of his.

Wasn't a huge fan of Cast Away...

I can't believe they have Punchline of that list but not Philadelphia !
Quote:Wasn't a huge fan of Cast Away...

I can't believe they have Punchline of that list but not Philadelphia !
Oh man, I loved Cast Away!
Aside from Forrest Gump, Cast Away was probably my favorite. And I won't lie. I enjoyed You've Got Mail.

Quote:Aside from Forrest Gump, Cast Away was probably my favorite. And I won't lie. I enjoyed You've Got Mail.

I loved You've Got Mail!! Oddly enough though...not a fan of Sleepless in Seattle.
meh, no "Bachelor Party"?....

garbage list. 

How about Joe vs. The Volcano?
The article lists his ten best roles not his ten best films.
Quote:The article lists his ten best roles not his ten best films.

meh, similar....my argument still stands....

Bachelor Party should still be on there. 
Quote:Aside from Forrest Gump, Cast Away was probably my favorite. And I won't lie. I enjoyed You've Got Mail.
I did as well. I really love many romantic comedies, or romantic type movies/sappy movies all around. My favorite being "The Notebook", or even "Life as A House".
One thing I like about Tom Hanks compared to so many celebrities is that he doesn't appear to take himself too serious. His "Secrets" segment on Conan was the best. And his Mr Belvedere Fan Club skit on SNL is a classic.

I saw Captain Phillips last night. It was good. A little cliche at times but good. Tom Hanks gave a great performance. 

Quote:I saw Captain Phillips last night. It was good. A little cliche at times but good. Tom Hanks gave a great performance. 

My concern with that movie is that it is basically United 93 (same director) on water.