Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trades?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just read on PFT that the Raiders need a middle linebacker. The Jags just happen to have a good one in Poz who would otherwise be shifted to a part time role at SAM. Blair Brown could fill that role. JDR probably likes Poz very much. Trades of aging veterans rarely reap much, but maybe this is an outler.

The other player who might bring more than he's worth to the Jags is Yeldon. Barring injury he is the 3rd string running back on the Jags. Are there any teams that still need a RB?

The most you are getting for Yeldon is a tackling dummy and anything left over from Martavious Murray's locker

Honest question. Who in the actual #!#$ would trade for Yeldon?
Quote:Honest question. Who in the actual #!#$ would trade for Yeldon?

The Browns got a first round pick for Trent Richardson, so anything is possible.

Unfortunately Ryan Grigson is no longer the clots GM.
Quote:The most you are getting for Yeldon is a tackling dummy and anything left over from Martavious Murray's locker

So, like I said, more than he's worth.
From a business stand point, I could see them considering trading Poz as his value will only decrease going forward. However, from a team perspective, that could really hurt the moral and "team" feel for the defense. I could see Telvin being highly upset with the move. Plus we would most likely only get a draft pick in return; so I'd pass. If it's not something that would help this year, pass........
The players you mention would garner a conditional pick at best. They provide more value to the team on the field.
Yeldon and Poz has a lot of value to us

Poz had a great year last year, and he can still help Jack and the LB core

Yeldon is the perfect 3rd down back, great pass catcher and pass blocker, doesnt have to get many carries 

Most you would get is a 6th or 7th rounder. Not worth it.
Just reminder to the people saying it's impossible...... we traded Gabbert.....
Gabbert needed a new scene.  Yeldon just needs a new role to better show his value to The Jags. Poz is a good player.  A 3-13 team can't afford to get rid of good players.

Quote:Just read on PFT that the Raiders need a middle linebacker. The Jags just happen to have a good one in Poz who would otherwise be shifted to a part time role at SAM. Blair Brown could fill that role. JDR probably likes Poz very much. Trades of aging veterans rarely reap much, but maybe this is an outler.

The other player who might bring more than he's worth to the Jags is Yeldon. Barring injury he is the 3rd string running back on the Jags. Are there any teams that still need a RB?

I've actually been considering trading Poz to the Raiders ever since day three of the draft when I realized the Raiders failed to draft a MLB. They want to make a run this season, and Del Rio likes Poz. I'm thinking a conditional 6th... that is... we get a 6th if he makes their final roster, but a 7th if he fails to make it. He'll make it.

At RB, I can see the Raiders with Marshon Lynch or the Broncos with Jamal Charles looking to add a young talent behind them.

Poz will not be traded.  You don't trade our best MLB when don't know what we have in Jack. 

Quote:Poz will not be traded.  You don't trade our best MLB when don't know what we have in Jack. 

He's not even playing MLB this season.

Quote:I've actually been considering trading Poz to the Raiders ever since day three of the draft when I realized the Raiders failed to draft a MLB. They want to make a run this season, and Del Rio likes Poz. I'm thinking a conditional 6th... that is... we get a 6th if he makes their final roster, but a 7th if he fails to make it. He'll make it.

At RB, I can see the Raiders with Marshon Lynch or the Broncos with Jamal Charles looking to add a young talent behind them.
Thank goodness you've been considering it.

Unfortunately, I doubt very seriously that the team is..

In fact, I would be really surprised to see this team making any sort of trade moves from this point forward to opening day. 
Noone would IMHO.

He's not special at all
Yeldon is a descent 3rd down back for us.  He has no trade value at all, but does have value to our team.  He can pass pro on 3rd down, catch the ball out of the backfield, can run routes, and is shifty in open space.  I would expect to see a lot of Fournette on 1st and 2nd down, occasionally given a break by Ivory, and a lot of Yeldon on 3rd down, occasionally replaced by Grant. 

Quote:Yeldon is a descent 3rd down back for us.  He has no trade value at all, but does have value to our team.  He can pass pro on 3rd down, catch the ball out of the backfield, can run routes, and is shifty in open space.  I would expect to see a lot of Fournette on 1st and 2nd down, occasionally given a break by Ivory, and a lot of Yeldon on 3rd down, occasionally replaced by Grant. 

If he has no trade value, how does he have value for our team. We have to get out of this thinking. No one else wants this player but her is just good for us. Sometimes, thats not good. Especially in the NFL. There is a small percentage in which that works out for us.
Quote:Just read on PFT that the Raiders need a middle linebacker. The Jags just happen to have a good one in Poz who would otherwise be shifted to a part time role at SAM. Blair Brown could fill that role. JDR probably likes Poz very much. Trades of aging veterans rarely reap much, but maybe this is an outler.

Dallas or Detroit might be interested in Yeldon.  I'm not convinced the Seahawks have anybody that could fill in for Bobby Wagner if he were to get hurt.  I believe Michael Wilhoite is his primary backup right now.  Although Ourlads has it listed as Arthur Brown.

the colts...
Pages: 1 2 3