Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Question For Jag Fans Who Live Outside Of Florida
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How often do you see fellow Jag fans? And where do you live? I live in Vegas and I've probably seen less than 15 Jag fans the whole 20 years I've lived here. But when I do see one I get super excited. It's like seeing a long lost brother. I always go up and talk to them. I feel like there is a special bond between us Jaguars fans.

I live generally in Maine during the Fall and Spring, then just North of Boston all Winter and in St. Augustine all Summer. The next Jags fan I see up here will be the first one.

Even in St. Augustine, there is general disinterest and even disdain for the Jaguars which I've always found interesting. It's different from the disgust we felt for the old Patriots- despite their losing ways for 41 years, we would listen to, watch, or go to every game. Baltimore Orioles fans are similar, regardless of how the team is faring, the game is on in every bar (and I suspect, many homes) every night and the loyalty is fierce.

I don't see that here. I see pages and pages of newspaper space dedicated to high school football which, IMO, is marginally interesting (don't flame me, I know it is part of the FL sports culture so I get it...for us, it's college hockey) and only a column, often a wire service one, dedicated to the Jaguars. When there is local coverage (Frenette, et al), it is often negative.

I'm off topic so I'll stop.

It's really rare for me. I've seen 1 (not counting at football games). 

I live in a very small town in Southwest Virginia and there's more titan and Redskins fans than anything else... there's atleast 7 fans of the Jags here that I know of and have meet... one has even had his question answered in the O-Zone... it's funny to listen to how they became Jags fans by only watching them play on TV...
Quote:How often do you see fellow Jag fans? And where do you live? I live in Vegas and I've probably seen less than 15 Jag fans the whole 20 years I've lived here. But when I do see one I get super excited. It's like seeing a long lost brother. I always go up and talk to them. I feel like there is a special bond between us Jaguars fans.

I lived in DC from 1996-2000 (during our good years) and we were the only Jags fans.  Wait a second, there was a car once that gave us a thumbs up when we were heading to the sports bar in Reston, VA to watch the Jags-Dolphins playoff game so I think we can count that dude in as well.

I went to 2 Jags-Ravens games during the time above and the Ravens fans loved us.
I run into Jacksonville fans a lot more than what I expect. I know that I've met probably five that live here in town, and I have read questions in the old Ask Vic and the O-Zone columns from other local people. I guess that it has something to do with the I-95 corridor, but there is a connection between Richmond and Jacksonville that still catches me by surprise.

There is a group that meets at a sports bar here on game day - between 10 and 20 people.  Other than that I run into a Jag fan once every 18 months or so. 

The head coach of my football team is a Jaguars fan. So, yeah...

Quote:The head coach of my football team is a Jaguars fan. So, yeah...

Wait, do you mean football or futbol?
I know a few Jags fans up here in VA too.  Though a couple of them are originally from Florida (well one is from Brazil, but moved to Florida, and then up here)

I always smile when I see someone wearing Jags gear. 

My parents live in a smallish town in Illinois and I know of at least 3 jaguar fans. They all have stickers on their cars so I assume they are fans
Quote:Wait, do you mean football or futbol?
American Football. I play WR, H-back and kicker.
Quote:American Football. I play WR, H-back and kicker.

OMG!!! AMERICAN football?? How could you??
Live in a small RR town, I'm the only Jaguar Fan here and I get ribbed by Steeler fans

I'm 50 miles NW of Chattanooga, 100 miles SE of Nashville. The only Jaguar fans I've seen since I moved back here 8 years ago were at the Jaguars/titans games I attended.

I've seen a Jaguars shirt or two at my university, I'm guessing it's the same guy though. Other than that, I've only seen them at Lambeau Field.

I live about 45 minutes outside of Tampa, and I've only met like three people that live around here that are Jags fans. Almost everyone that lives around me likes the Bucs. I don't even have the luxury of a family member that likes the Jags. Instead, I get to deal with a Dolphins fan, an Eagles fan, a Rams fan, a Bills fan, and a Panthers fan.

I live in the UK, I've met one Jags fan over here, but we had a USAF base a couple of miles from my hometown.  Since leaving that area I've not come across one.

I've only seen one other Jags fan up here in Jersey, so far..

The answers are not surprising. But I suspect its the same situation for the Cardinals, Rams, Panthers and other least popular teams in the league. Win and it'll change. I never saw a Colts or Saints fan in Jacksonville 10 years ago. Now I see them all the time. Bandwagon fans live everywhere, they are just waiting to find another favorite team.

Pages: 1 2