Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Alualu. Another Gene Bust Who May Be Gone After The Season.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
<a class="" href='http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108654/tyson-alualu'>Tyson Alualu</a>: The return to the 5-technique was supposed to revive the career of the former top 10 pick, but he simply hasn't been very good, earning negative grades in each of the first five games of the season. He earned his worst grade on Sunday, <b>-3.1</b>, despite earning credit for three hurries of Rams quarterback Sam Bradford. Through five games, he ranks as PFF's worst 4-3 defensive end, although he doesn't play in the most traditional role.

PFF

His play has slowly gotten worse since Week 1/2. I liked him vs. the Cheifs, especially.

We need to try Deaderick at the jumbo end

why wait?....

....ahem....

Shocker.

Didn't need PFF to tell me this. 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108654/tyson-alualu'>Tyson Alualu</a>: The return to the 5-technique was supposed to revive the career of the former top 10 pick, but he simply hasn't been very good, earning negative grades in each of the first five games of the season. He earned his worst grade on Sunday, -3.1, despite earning credit for three hurries of Rams quarterback Sam Bradford. Through five games, he ranks as PFF's worst 4-3 defensive end, although he doesn't play in the most traditional role.

PFF
I'm curious about Red Bryant, who plays a similar role for the Seahawks. Where does he rank on PFF?
Quote:I'm curious about Red Bryant, who plays a similar role for the Seahawks. Where does he rank on PFF?

Who cares?  What does that mean?
Quote:Who cares?  What does that mean?
It means that the defensive scheme for that position doesn't reflect well in PFF's already sketchy system of grading DT/DE's who aren't supposed to pass rush often. 
Quote:It means that the defensive scheme for that position doesn't reflect well in PFF's already sketchy system of grading DT/DE's who aren't supposed to pass rush often. 

Seems like they gave him some credit for pass rushing.

Either way.  I don't give a hoot what grade they give for Bryant. 
I'm OK with keeping as a backup/fighting for a position player (at backup money).  Definitely a bust, he hasn't played anywhere near the level you expect from a # 10 overall (5 picks before Jason Pierre-Paul). 

He's still recovering from that injury he got from that Oklahoma drill.
He has fast hands!!!

I remember he did have one play where he tossed 2 guys out of his way to get a sack, but other than that he hasnt stood out at all.

Im gonna keep an eye on him specifically this sunday.

He's supposed to stop the run. We're dead worst defending against the run.
I was just thinking about how his overdrafting makes people see him even more negatively - but as I think about it - I'd be disappointed in his performance if he'd been picked in the 3rd round.  :confused:

Quote:He has fast hands!!!
So do I.. ....just moved my hands and I'm sure you didn't even notice
Been pretty much invisible since he was drafted.

Definitely wasn't worth the first round that gene spent on him.

I didn't know he was still playing...  Wasn't he part of the Monroe trade or placed on IR with Lowry and Joeckel?

He's a good back-up.  Would have been a good pick in the 5th/6th round.

Pages: 1 2