Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Peyton Manning On Jags D: "i See A Team That's Stingy In The Red Zone."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Per the Jacksonville Jaguars Twitter account.

EDIT: Mods please change the "i" to a capital "I".

I think he probably meant to say stinky.
Quote:EDIT: Mods please change the "i" to a capital "I".
Can't
Translation:

Peyton Manning: Please ignore what the Broncos twitter account said.  You guys are pretty good.  Please don't injure me because my team decided to taunt you while you're going through tough times.

-ScrewDrvr-

hes probably talking about our offense

or

he will just throw 14 TD's from beyond the 20.

Quote:Can't
Why not?
I think we score 24 point this week and hold them to 37
At least he isn't trash talking us like everyone else is

Quote:Why not?
Because.
The one area our D has really dug in is in the redzone. Saw it somewhere maybe on here, we've held teams to FG on almost half of the trips to our 20? That's a pretty good ratio, now we just have to limit the amount of trips to the redzone teams are making.

Peyton Manning is displaying wisdom.    He was in a similar situation in 2008.    The Colts were hosting the then 0-13 Lions.      The Lions were actually tied with the Colts in the 4th QTR 21-21 before the Colts scored the final 10 points to win the game.        Manning is likely going to be stressing this to his Broncos teammates,   if he hasn't already.        Even though the Broncos clearly are the better team on paper,    they would be foolish to take the Jaguars likely.    That much more because the Chiefs are 5-0.

Quote:I think we score 24 point this week and hold them to 37
37? I take it you are referring to their starters? LOL
He's just being the classy guy that he is. #respect

Quote:The one area our D has really dug in is in the redzone. Saw it somewhere maybe on here, we've held teams to FG on almost half of the trips to our 20? That's a pretty good ratio, now we just have to limit the amount of trips to the redzone teams are making.

Well Gabbert is not playing so we are off to a good start
Quote:Well Gabbert is not playing so we are off to a good start
Please tell me how Gabbert helps the other team get into the Red zone!!!

Thats called the end zone, lol!
Quote:Please tell me how Gabbert helps the other team get into the Red zone!!!

I think he's probably referring to the turnovers on the wrong side of midfield.  ( I think he's had 3 or 4  of them - though one wasn't his fault)

I saw somewhere that we were top 12 in defensive red zone td rate. Thats pretty good considering we have so many young players learning a new scheme.

Quote:I saw somewhere that we were top 12 in defensive red zone td rate. Thats pretty good considering we have so many young players learning a new scheme.
Might be misconstrued with all of our blow outs.
He's right we are stingy in the red zone--  ON OFFENSE.  Even when we put up a FG, we pull it off the board and throw an INT.  Bazinga

Quote:Might be misconstrued with all of our blow outs.

What does the score have anything to do about red zone percentage? When teams get there, theyre trying to score touchdowns, no matter the score.
Pages: 1 2 3