Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lets Get Our Focus Off The Point Spread And On The Main Topic This Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am really getting annoyed by the media campaign by both the Jaguar and Broncos public relations staff to divert the attention from the main issue at hand this week. It's a travesty that both parties have leaked endless information out about the point spread, when there is one issue that nobody, nobody wants to talk about - until now.

The aforementioned issue of course is the first meeting between the Jaguars and Jack Del Rio since he was unjustly fired just two years ago. We all know the stories of the Jaguars office staff throwing a party once Del Rio's firing was announced. I can see why the two sides have clashed - Coach Del Rio demanded excellence from the Special Teams, to the Offense, to the Defense, to the Front Office, to the Secretaries, to the Cleaning Crew. Many of the latter groups mentioned had much lower expectations, much much lower expectations, so of course there would be some animosity. We all know the stories of the alleged Cheerleaders sobbing and threatening to Boycott, as their Jack would not be there for them anymore. We all know that Mel Tucker tried, but the Del Rio hire couldn't inspire like Jack and what a 2011 season that turned out to be. We all know what a disaster the Mularkey hire was.

I understand why both sides are down playing this as it was apparently very, very ugly. I applaud Del Rio for flying under the radar when it would be very easy to smirk at the Jags and say "I was right."

It is truly amazing. The Jaguars have fired the second winningest coach (Coughlin) in franchise history and all he did was go on to lead the Giants to multiple Super Bowls. The Jags then decided to fire the winningest coach in franchise history, and all he has done is revitalize a once proud franchise. He has personally mentored and tutored Peyton Manning who has subsequently put together a great start, and put together one of the finest defenses since the Bears "46 Zone" or even the Steel Curtain.

As the cameras pan in on Coach Del Rio Sunday and the drama begins, one must ponder..."what if JDR's hands hadn't been tied with David Garrard, what if he wasn't forced to play Blaine Gabbert, and what if then Jaguars management had let this process play out??? Would we be where the Broncos are right now? It's certainly a fair question.

Quote:I am really getting annoyed by the media campaign by both the Jaguar and Broncos public relations staff to divert the attention from the main issue at hand this week. It's a travesty that both parties have leaked endless information out about the point spread, when there is one issue that nobody, nobody wants to talk about - until now.

The aforementioned issue of course is the first meeting between the Jaguars and Jack Del Rio since he was unjustly fired just two years ago. We all know the stories of the Jaguars office staff throwing a party once Del Rio's firing was announced. I can see why the two sides have clashed - Coach Del Rio demanded excellence from the Special Teams, to the Offense, to the Defense, to the Front Office, to the Secretaries, to the Cleaning Crew. Many of the latter groups mentioned had much lower expectations, much much lower expectations, so of course there would be some animosity. We all know the stories of the alleged Cheerleaders sobbing and threatening to Boycott, as their Jack would not be there for them anymore. We all know that Mel Tucker tried, but the Del Rio hire couldn't inspire like Jack and what a 2011 season that turned out to be. We all know what a disaster the Mularkey hire was.

I understand why both sides are down playing this as it was apparently very, very ugly. I applaud Del Rio for flying under the radar when it would be very easy to smirk at the Jags and say "I was right."

It is truly amazing. The Jaguars have fired the second winningest coach (Coughlin) in franchise history and all he did was go on to lead the Giants to multiple Super Bowls. The Jags then decided to fire the winningest coach in franchise history, and all he has done is revitalize a once proud franchise. He has personally mentored and tutored Peyton Manning who has subsequently put together a great start, and put together one of the finest defenses since the Bears "46 Zone" or even the Steel Curtain.

As the cameras pan in on Coach Del Rio Sunday and the drama begins, one must ponder..."what if JDR's hands hadn't been tied with David Garrard, what if he wasn't forced to play Blaine Gabbert, and what if then Jaguars management had let this process play out??? Would we be where the Broncos are right now? It's certainly a fair question.
My sarcasm meter must be broker cause the last half of that 4th paragraph can't be serious. I supported Jack, and only thought he should be fired if Gene Smith went with him, but still, would like to a see a link on the front office party thing, I don't have any trouble believing that Gene was throwing a party though. Ironically getting his own way lead to Genes demise.
You should really think about making your own website and write these every day about sports in general. These are hilarious.

Things just haven't been the same since we ran Joe Zelenka out of town either.

Front office parties, sobbing cheerleaders, a defensive coordinator being responsible for Peyton Manning’s incredible arm - this story has it all!

Never stop writing, Omaha.  You’re a natural

Sorry, but Andy Heck's Chiefs are 5-0, and Andy Heck was the reason for our success during those years.  Not Del Rio.  

Who are you.......Del Rio's wife or his mother?