Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Magic Ask Nba To Put D-League Franchise In Jax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/201...ando-magic

This is awesome news. I would certainly take a D-League squad over the Giants.
That would be pretty cool...more options for stuff to do around town!
I would go to a few games, but I am not sure there is a huge market for NBDL games anywhere.

Quote:http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/201...ando-magic

This is awesome news. I would certainly take a D-League squad over the Giants.

At least the D League players have potential to succeed.   The ABA is comparable to single A baseball.
Quote:At least the D League players have potential to succeed.   The ABA is comparable to single A baseball.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with seeing Jackie Moon wrestling a bear.
the magic are willing to move to jax?  :woot:

Quote:At least the D League players have potential to succeed.   The ABA is comparable to single A baseball.

don'tcha mean that the ABA is comparable to the international league baseball or independent league baseball?.... Comprised of players that will never even have a chance to reach the major leagues again. 

At least single A baseball has some prospects on it that indeed will be major league bound. 
Quote:the magic are willing to move to jax?  :woot:

Doubtful. They just got a beautiful new arena in Orlando.
Just curious, did anyone go to the Magic pre-season game in Jacksonville tonight?
9274 attended. Magic were impressed and said they would be back.

Quote:9274 attended. Magic were impressed and said they would be back.
link? Nvm got it. <a class="bbc_url" href='http://jacksonville.com/sports/basketball/nba/2013-10-10/story/magic-eyes-rookie-victor-oladipo-preseason-game'>http://jacksonville.com/sports/basketball/nba/2013-10-10/story/magic-eyes-rookie-victor-oladipo-preseason-game</a> This is a huge step forward for professional basketball in Jacksonville!
Nice

I was there. It was a lot better crowd than I expected. Good to see guys like Anthony Davis, Jameer Nelson and Victor Oladipo play for most of the game.

Also, it was awesome to see Dr J at the game.

Quote:Just curious, did anyone go to the Magic pre-season game in Jacksonville tonight?

I was there, I was worried about the crowd at the beginning but it filled quite nicely after tip off.
Quote:I was there, I was worried about the crowd at the beginning but it filled quite nicely after tip off.

The security check at the entrance seemed to slow down people entering the Arena. We waited in line 15-20 minutes just to get in. I think that is why there were so many late arrivers.
I've always thought Jax would be a great candidate for a D-League team. I saw the Magic play against the Heat at the Vets Memorial Arena about 3 years ago and it was a good turnout.
Quote:I was there. It was a lot better crowd than I expected. Good to see guys like Anthony Davis, Jameer Nelson and Victor Oladipo play for most of the game.

Also, it was awesome to see Dr J at the game.

Anthony Davis is going to be such a stud player if he can stay healthy
He moves up and down the court so good for a guy his size. He has a much more well rounded game than a guy like Blake Griffin. I think (if he stays healthy) he will be a superstar. New Orleans has a pretty nice roster with him, Jrue Holiday, Ryan Andersen and Tyreke Evans.

Was anybody there impressed with Oladipo last night? Also curious to know how they did the court decals since I can't seem to find highlights anywhere.

Quote:Was anybody there impressed with Oladipo last night? Also curious to know how they did the court decals since I can't seem to find highlights anywhere.

Dipo played well, they had him running point a lot last night and he seemed to hold up well. He had 10 points, 9 assists, and only 2 turnovers. If he can learn the ins-and-outs of playing point and they can get Wiggins next year then they will have a nasty backcourt.
Pages: 1 2