Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags-Defensive Mvp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Approximately one-third of the way through the season, who is everyone's defensive MVP?
Prob cyprien or gratz
Sen'derrick Marks

Maybe Blackmon

Quote:Prob cyprien or gratz
def. not Cyprien and Gratz hasnt even played much.

pff might suck but Cyp is dead last for safeties with enough snaps to qualify

That can't be good

I think Blackmon and Marks has played the best so far.  Allen has been the most solid.

Quote:def. not Cyprien and Gratz hasnt even played. 

pff might suck but Cyp is ead last for safeties with enough snaps to qualify

That can't be good

Dead last according to PFF?

I don't see how you people get off by saying Cyprien is playing bad. He was the difference between the Rams running for 143 yards as a team and 300.

Obviously he's a rookie and has some learning to do, but he's not playing bad.
Probably Marks or Poz', despite the hate he gets on this board.
Will Blackmon is this a joke?

I would say Marks or Poz as well.

The dude who said it's between Marks, Blackmon, and Allen hit the nail right on the head. All 3 of them have played extremely well, every other player on our defense is graded negatively by PFF except those 3. In fact Allen is the #1 4-3 OLB this year so far according to PFF. 

I don't get the whole PFF thing.

How can they accurately evaluate a player's performance when they don't know the play (either offensively or defensively) and they don't know a player's assignment on that given play?

Besides, I have a problem with any system that leads one to conclude Derek Cox is, in any way, comparable to Darrelle Revis.

Gotta say Russell Allen.

Quote:I don't get the whole PFF thing.

How can they accurately evaluate a player's performance when they don't know the play (either offensively or defensively) and they don't know a player's assignment on that given play?

Besides, I have a problem with any system that leads one to conclude Derek Cox is, in any way, comparable to Darrelle Revis.
Better yet, in the write up of our match against the Rams, they gave Robert Quinn a +6.8 grade and noted his 2 sacks and 5 hurries as a reason why. The guy didn't have any sacks.
Allen and Marks have been the most consistent.

Blackmon deserves some love given how well he has played give the situation.

marks, really like seeing some pass rush inside, a 4 man front of clowney  alualu marks and miller/ fa tackle would make me happy but it won't happen

Quote:I don't get the whole PFF thing.

Exactly. Not many people on this board understand this fact, and it's not limited to whatever this PFF thing is.

Many people on here like to say this guy should do this or that, done this or that. Clueless.
Quote:Exactly. Not many people on this board understand this fact, and it's not limited to whatever this PFF thing is.

Many people on here like to say this guy should do this or that, done this or that. Clueless.
Agreed completely, and I'm as guilty as the next guy.

The difference is, I'm not viewed as any sort of authority.  I'm just another guy on a message board with an opinion.

People view PFF as persuasive authority.
Forget rankings my eyes tell me it's Marks or Blackmon

Quote:Gotta say Russell Allen.
Really?
Pages: 1 2