Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Guinness Commercial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just saw this on TV and was pleasantly surprised....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwndLOKQTDs

Very cool.  Positive message of friendship & loyalty. 

Maybe theres hope for us yet. 

Wow !!  That was cool.

How the Irish saved civilization, example #64528364588264-A1.

Best beer ad I've seen in a while.   Also the first major TV campaign Guiness has run in America that I recall. 

Quote:Best beer ad I've seen in a while.   Also the first major TV campaign Guiness has run in America that I recall. 

Oh no. I can remember a few other ones. Guinness is a major sponsor or ESPN's Pardon The Interruption, and their commercials are shown on that time slot quite often. I really enjoyed the "guinness guys" campaign.
We actually just started drinking guiness in our house earlier this year.  never really had a desire for it previously.  it is good beer.

Quote:I just saw this on TV and was pleasantly surprised....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwndLOKQTDs

Very cool.  Positive message of friendship & loyalty. 

Maybe theres hope for us yet. 

Guinness just pulled your heartstrings, so now you feel hopeful that all grandmothers won't be killing babies?

How do you know those guys aren't friends with the man in the wheelchair because he gets good parking spaces?
Quote:Guinness just pulled your heartstrings, so now you feel hopeful that all grandmothers won't be killing babies?

How do you know those guys aren't friends with the man in the wheelchair because he gets good parking spaces?

Well, it is a beer commercial.  Getting a good parking space at a bar can prove to be invaluable. 
Quote:Oh no. I can remember a few other ones. Guinness is a major sponsor or ESPN's Pardon The Interruption, and their commercials are shown on that time slot quite often. I really enjoyed the "guinness guys" campaign.
Guess I like the product a little too much.   :woot:   My memory ain't what it used to be. 
I've seen this a few times on TV, you can tell it is sooo fake. I think I could put together a team that would smash them at drinking beer. You can tell they don't practice all that much, not one of them has an enlarged beer muscle.
Quote:Best beer ad I've seen in a while.   Also the first major TV campaign Guiness has run in America that I recall. 

Brilliant?
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fKSlRJT5dw'>I can top that one, sadly..... </a>

:blink:
Quote:We actually just started drinking guiness in our house earlier this year.  never really had a desire for it previously.  it is good beer.

This is so sad. But it's never too late to try something great!

Quote:Guess I like the product a little too much.   :woot:   My memory ain't what it used to be. 

That'll happen.
Quote: :blink:

All I need to know is that when I clicked that link, Youtube put up a screen that sade "Not available when in Safe Mode."
Quote:All I need to know is that when I clicked that link, Youtube put up a screen that sade "Not available when in Safe Mode."

Mine said "Not safe in any mode".
I used to quaff Guinness drafts at a couple of local pubs whenever my ship pulled into port in Hong Kong. Of course it had a sense of genuineness then because Hong Kong was still a British territory and a lot of the bartenders were English ex-pats. It was served at a temperature not far below room temp.
Quote:I used to quaff Guinness drafts at a couple of local pubs whenever my ship pulled into port in Hong Kong. Of course it had a sense of genuineness then because Hong Kong was still a British territory and a lot of the bartenders were English ex-pats. It was served at a temperature not far below room temp.

I remember a bar in Livorno, Italy that promoted itself as an "English Pub". They would have no less than six glasses already poured to half full at any time behind the bar. When you ordered one, they would top them off fresh from the tap.

I miss that bar.
Quote:All I need to know is that when I clicked that link, Youtube put up a screen that sade "Not available when in Safe Mode."

All I can say is...at least there wasn't a donkey. :no:
Pages: 1 2